Faction Bonus Change

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by xezno, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

@Fikule had suggested a Mini Flanking bonus for KF. How do you all feel about it? I know it's a damage bonus, but the way it is done seems in flavor to me.

2. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I liked it at first but then after thought and discussion, it is confusing for new players, kind of a nerf to split (not that I care about split), and is +dmg really good for KF? That is a UD thing. KF is about speed and mobility. +AP makes sense but I just dont know. Then again it doesnt matter what I think. I am a KF player and anything I like comes off as a zealot.

On a side note with the loss of speed, I am under the assumption that champs will be looked at during the same time any change would be implemented? or is this going to just be a faction bonus change and then see what happens?

3. Sokolov

I will probably address SPD concerns for both IS and KF (and a little bit of ST) when this change goes through.

Etherielin and xezno like this.
  4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Wait, "a little bit of ST"? This is unfair @Sokolov , we have been SPD nerfed for a while due to Arctic giving 1AP on first deploy.
    The same concerns you share with KF and IS you should share with ST.

DarkJello likes this.
  5. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

How about something like:

FF: Champions gain +1SPD for 4 turns when deployed.
    Split: Champions gain +1SPD for 2 turns when deployed.

Or

FF: Champions gain +1SPD 4 turns after they are deployed.
    Split: Champions gain +1SPD 8 turns after they are deployed.

Keeps the speedy nature of the faction but either deals with it's early capping potential OR limits the speed buff to early capping potential.

6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Another idea that is admittedly a little odd..

FF- Opposing units have the cost of their non-basic attack abilities increased by 1 AP.
    SPlit- Opposing units have the cooldowns of their non-basic attack abilities increased by 1.

Edit: I'm trying to think of alternate ideas because I'm not a fan of some sort of damage bonus for KF.

7. Sokolov

Unlike KF, which has had the bonus forever and in ALL situations, and IS which has also basically had it forever. ST's 1+ SPD is relatively new.

Clearly the hierarchy of needs on this scenario is likely going to be KF > IS > ST in terms impacts on base SPDs of champions.

That's all I meant.

~

That said, I don't know what the true ratio of 5/6 SPDs in these factions all are, and perhaps ST has more 5 SPD than I realized. Still, the methodology won't be much different - I am not going to go around making 7 SPD champs 8 SPD generally, and not all 6 SPD will get 7 SPD just because... (well, they'd have to pay for it anyway).

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  8. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I know people hate random aspects but KF could be the lucky faction...

FF- Each time a friendly champion would take damage, there is a 30% chance the damage is negated.
    Split- Each time a friendly champion would take damage, there is a 15% chance the damage is negated.

Edit: You could change it to 1/2 damage? and increased the %?

9. xezno

I was just about to leave and it hit me. So what is the new focus of KF? It has been speed and mobility. Low HP/dmg with lots of harassment/speed/mobility. Take away the +1 speed and what are we left with; low hp/dmg that can harass and semi mobile. This describes the fairy theme well but as for the rest of KF it kind of stinks. So we need a new identity. @Xirone seems to be exploring this hardcore as I am typing this. Here are a few of my own ideas:

Amp faction: FF Negate all opposing application / Split Max 20% amp (this would only affect a few select decks and would cause ALLOT of the faction to just suck, bad idea)
    Damage UD
    Spell IS

Speedy reflexes faction: All melee gain Evasive 3, all range gain Reflexes 3 / Rank 1/1 for split (Maybe hard to balance?)

Ok all out of ideas for now but really what is our identity without speed? This is all I am really asking

10. xezno

Why do we need one blanket faction bonus? What if we had like 3 smaller faction bonuses that we could pick from. Theme specific bonuses. We could be the test group for this idea that Sok mentioned.

EDIT: Maybe make it where we have a default bonus but if we have at least 8 archers or garu the bonus switches.

Random Ideas:

8 or more Class Archer - min range 2 or above gets +2 damage
    8 or more Garu - Equipment costs reduced by 8 nora
    8 or more Centaur - All friendly units have Mountaineer
    8 or more Class Rogue - All friendly champions have one rank of poison added
    8 or more Basic Attack Magic - All units without a Basic Physical attack again a Basic Physical attack
    8 or more Vashal - All Vashal gain Reflexes 3
    8 or more Elves - Opponents shrines dies at first deploy

11. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Good, I think we are on the same page then.
    Due to my forum history I may have sound harsh, but I really wasnt (if I did apologies). Just was pointing it out, since to me at least ST has also had it forever (or at least since I joined Pox, which was 09 - so 5 years already).

12. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

What about situation speed/ap bonus? I know the main problem with the current speed bonus is the ability move across the map quickly and take fonts while hoarding ap right?

Here's my idea:

If a friendly champion makes a basic attack it gets
    FF: +1 speed for 2 turn.
    SP: +1 speed for 1 turn.
    (edit: just realized the SP bonus might never actually grant speed on the next turn. maybe rounds instead of turns? anyway, you get the idea.)

Edit: I think this keeps them with high speed, but prevents the hoarding. It might still be too powerful though. thoughts?
    Any other similar situational ideas that would effect every champion? (I don't like the idea of the faction bonus only applying to a few units.

Just an out of box idea that keeps the speed aspect. Maybe we could use this as a jumping of point for other situational type bonus ideas to keep KF as the speed and mobility faction?

13. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

I guess you mean 2 rounds and 1 round, because 2 turns would mean your current turn and your opponents turn and 1 turn would be your current turn, which basically means it wouldn't do anything. It should be capped to not gain more than 2 speed though.

If you do indeed mean rounds, I like it.

Sincerely,

Josh753

14. xezno

I like this suggestion allot. Kind of leaves out support but just delays the speed boost for the rest. If it was cleanseable that would suck but it would only allow a build up for powerturns later since you would have to attack a few times to up the turn timer on speed. To bad it is still +1 speed since I think it is just anything that says +speed is going to be hated by all but KF'rs.

I took it as he was meaning turns but it stacked, so the more you attack the longer the duration.

15. Pathfnder

My intention was that it was not stackable. It would be for 2 rounds (1 round for split) and would be a maximum of +1 speed. It would basically reset for ever turn you make an attack.

16. xezno

I can't say I like the round idea since it would be a huge boost to splits. If it was turns, in FF if you attack once you get +1 speed but in splits you would have to attack at least twice. Of course here comes my bias as I am not a huge fan of splits. So much bias....

17. Pathfnder

Yeah, I like that better actually. I forgot the current KF split doesn't grant the +1 speed.

18. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

What about:

FF: After this champ performs an action which costs atleast 1 ap it gets +1 speed for 1 round. This effect can only trigger once per champion per turn.
    Split: After this champ performs 2 actions which costs atleast 1 ap it gets +1 speed for 1 round. This effect can only trigger once per champion per turn.

So basically for FF you would only need to attack once; or use one ability per champ, while in split BGs you would need to use at least 2 actions (atacks or abilities to get the buff).

Sincerely,

Josh753

Pathfnder and xezno like this.
  19. xezno

This would also work. This maybe a better solution all around since it would allow support to gain the speed also. This is my favorite yet!

Pathfnder and Poxbrothers like this.
  20. Pathfnder

I like it. That's the goal I was aiming for. Limit the speed bonus to champs that are actually doing something. And actually, if it turns out this is too powerful, they could limit it to basic attacks only instead of just any AP action. NM because of Xenzo's point about support needing the bonus too.

Poxbrothers likes this.