Faction Bonus Change

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by xezno, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Indeed @Sokolov what do you think?

2. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Split: Melee champions gain 1 rank of Sentry. Ranged champions gain +1 Damage.
    Full: Melee champions gain 2 ranks of Sentry. Ranged champions gain +2 Damage.

This would put the emphasis on spell presence and ranged damage.

DarkJello likes this.
  3. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Mini-flanking seems fairly decent. All the more reason to throw a Sapling into someone.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

OOOOH, that's pretty neat.

Pedeguerra and Woffleet like this.
  5. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

So many ideas, so little time. Still processing. Carry on I say.

6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

That could be an okay way to go. The ranged component is essentially what UD gets for its ranged champion but the melee component is much weaker. If Sok is toning down all faction bonuses, then this is great!

Also, a ranged champion in a KF/UD split would still have +2 DMG!

DarkJello likes this.
  7. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

No yeah, I like it, pushes the ranged/spellcasting issue.

DarkJello likes this.
  8. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

I would personally rather see some sort of speed bonus than a damage bonus. I feel like bonus/increased damage isn't really a KF thing. When I first started playing Pox back in the day, I chose KF as my faction because of their mobility, not their damage potential.

9. Xirone

New idea...

SPLIT- Opposing champions take +1 AP to disengage from friendly melee champions and friendly ranged champions disengage for -1 AP.
    FF- Opposing champions take +2 AP to disengage from friendly melee champions and friendly ranged champions disengage for -2 AP.

10. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Interesting concept. This touches on aspects of the old bonus, providing 'free' AP for movement functions for all units. I feel as if this would stomp on the font bonus a bit, but I kinda like where this is going. It's definitely sparked some thoughts. ---- With that said, I'd like KF to keep this fashion of play, the speedy/mobile Faction. Accompanied with disabling support spells/equips maximizing our inherit attributes.

I've been weary to post because changing something as fundamental as the KF bonus takes proper execution and planning. I don't want our bonus to step on any other factions toes, in any sense. I would like if the KF bonus remained unique and functional.

I enjoy this suggestion as well since it requires the champ to be active in order for it to gain any sort of buff, rather than receiving free stats for no reason.
    This is a lot more straight forward and still keeps the +1spd we've been so accustomed too.

TL:DR
    Please don't mess with the faction bonus too much!!! Both of these suggestions are feasible. IMO!

Etherielin and Poxbrothers like this.
  11. Sokolov

I do like the disengage thing, tho it does change what has largely been a fixed rule (outside of Mobility, which is super easy to understand). The other issue with is that I think it is extremely powerful potentially - and I am wary of that somewhat.

I am not sure about the SPD one, as that puts me in a weird position of... do I buff the SPDs of the champs in KF? No easy answer to that one. Plus the split bonus requires counting of activation, which none of us like.

12. Xirone

You could word it slightly differently so it doesn't interfere with the basic idea of disengaging.

SPLIT- Opposing champions lose 1 AP when they disengage from friendly melee champions and friendly ranged champions generate 1 AP when they disengage from opposing champions.
    FF- Opposing champions lose 2 AP when they disengage from friendly melee champions and friendly ranged champions generate 2 AP when they disengage from opposing champions.

13. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

If we did this the font bonus would also need to change. What if our fonts just had detection or caused slowed for a round? Or simply impending? impending is what causes 2ap to move correct? If so impending for all enemies, even flying. It's in jungle in there ;)

14. Sokolov

I was talking about Poxbrother's idea, Xirone.

15. Pathfnder

I like this idea as well. That's true what you say Sok about having to keep counting actions in order to track a bonus.

I think the 2 AP might be a bit too powerfull, even the 1 ap, but I do like where this idea is going. What if it was toned down a bit to offer just the +1 AP to frendly while FF would have the +1 AP to friendly and the addition of -1 AP to opposing?

I do have to add... I feel like there would be a lot of backlash over our bonus affecting the opposing team so dramatically.

16. Xirone

Yeah, 5 AP to disengage from a KF melee is strong. I think we are close to something viable but maybe not exactly this.

17. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

This whole faction bonus change stuff is not sitting well with me. If a bonus (font, faction, or both) is too good, it should be tapped or changed. Exhibit A: Arctic. Exhibit B: IS font bonus. The bonuses are unique, flavorful, relevant, and practically old friends of the family. Weakening all bonuses, i.e. Homogenizing 8 factions, seems counterintuitive to me. And I think the devs have more important tasks to accomplish. Let's keep 'em focused on bugs and such. I propose we leave bonuses unchanged, except for KF. The FF bonus is great, the split faction is meh. So we should push for something within the current power level of bonuses. All IMHO of course.

Will edit with my idea, as typing on phone.

Edit:

Senshu and Sokodude will have to touch speed of many champs in KF, but not all. And nora cost will go up accordingly on those champs. Fair is fair.

Possible new KF FF bonus:
    A). +1 range of champs within any controlled deployment zone. (*grass terrain unchanged, but no mobility bonus).
    B). Each of your champs receives "KF potion" when deployed.

Possible KF split bonus:
    A). +1 range of champs within any controlled deployment zone.
    B). Each of your champs receives "kf potion" when deployed.

"KF potion": cd 2. Starts on cool down. Gain 2 AP. Removed after 1st use.

"kf potion": cd 3. Starts on cool down. Gain 1 AP. Removed after 1st use.

Spitballing here, so feedback of all stripes is desired. Keep it logical please.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    Xirone and Pathfnder like this.
  18. Pathfnder

Agreed.

19. enuff

enuff The King of Potatoes

I find it really hard to think about changing our bonus, because it has been part of the game for so long :( I also think it is (compared to all the ideas here) the best one both in flavour and value for the faction.

If you look at all the other faction bonuses it seems like SPD is the only useful bonus left. Let's take a look at the existing bonuses: We have Nora on deploy, Nora on death, Nora per round. We have DMG reduction and DMG reduction from spells. We have DMG and HP. So the possible bonuses we are left with are SPD, DEF, more DMG on spells and more DMG (kinda reversed SL bonus).

Out of those SPD is easily the most flavourful, followed by more DMG on spells. More DMG on spells would kinda force you to run a lot of spells (and spam 'em), which is not what we want I guess :)
    More DEF doesnt fit KF at all while the reversed SL bonus (20/10% more dmg) probably is too strong.

What bothers me most when i look at the current ideas in Sokolov's thread is that some champs won't get any bonus during the whole game. Melee champs won't get any bonus if the bonus gets changed to +DMG for ranged (forces you to spam range in order to make the most out of it); the mini flanking would force you to always engage a unit before you attack in order to make the most out of the bonus, which is simply impossible in certain situations.

There are 3 bonuses where a champion doesnt get any bonus on the battlefield, which is FW, SP and FS. All those generate nora. The worst of those seems to be FW, as it requires your champion to die, but it is so good flavourwise and FW has the tools to benefit from it (lower CD, nora from globes).

So in essence, if your champions don't get any buffs on the battlefield from your bonus you get nora in exchange for it, which is pretty nice.

Alright, so what was I going to say ? Well, as a long time KF-only player I just want the current bonus to stay :p
    I understand that it might has to go tho, but I am not fully convinced that a general scale down of all bonuses is something that needs to be done NOW. It doesnt help to get new players, it doesnt make the game easier or more accesible, it doesnt fix any bugs and so on.

If it really needs to be changed I believe that the new bonus should not force you into performing certain actions (engaging, disengaging etc.) or spam range or spells. With that said, I think Gorebucket's idea is the most reasonable. It still gives ranged champs more than melee champs, but at least the melee gets something.

Oh well, it is a tough decision. :mad:

edit: spelling

20. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

No you don't buff the speed (or not alot as even without the bonus KF still has a nice amount of speedy champs).
    I don't think counting 2 actions should be considered counting, I mean you know what you are doing with your champs.

As Enuff said, we are the speed faction. And I think most agree that a bonus that would benefit every champ instead of a part of it in forced situations would be preferred.

Xirone and Pathfnder like this.