Faction Bonus Change

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by xezno, Jan 21, 2015.

1. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Here is a simple solution. They should keep the bonus as it is, but revamp the KF Champs, so that they get higher base speed. this way, KF Champs will be high speed (as they should) but also have high cost. This would stop the "moga" play of KF. Then they can adjust some of the maps so KF does not get super advantage. Simple and logical and gives more uniqueness between factions, not less.

2. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

that would make the problem worse, revamping all the maps would hardly stop a god-speed faction.

Boost champ speed AND keep speed bonus? I can almost hear the tears already.

Woffleet likes this.
  3. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Just LOl

4. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I swear you must be a burn/h0spy alt. There is no way anyone who is not simply trolling would come up with some bullcrap like that.

Etherielin and Woffleet like this.
  5. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Difference between us and polltroy is that we actually get likes when we're trolling.

Elves Rule, Etherielin and Woffleet like this.
  6. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Well I still like my idea best, from page 3 of this thread. I am biased. ;)

It weakens our early draw speed, but gives any champ +1 range while in a deployment zone. The zero AP one time use ability allows for some nifty tricks and/or power turn. But KF is overall not as fast. Splits would be better with KF, instead of the current meh.

I don' believe faction bonuses need any other changes, once KF's draw win speed takes a hit. Sokoguy said he would have to give +1 speed to many KF champs if the bonuses were changed--at increased nora cost of course. Maybe some could change out 1 ability for a speedy one, like accrue or exertion or teleport or etc. Opine and such fellow gamers

7. polltroy

this was serious suggestion, KF Champs are too cheap. Make them normal cost and high speed. Then the problem is solved.

8. polltroy

all kf Champs will go up 1 speed and around 10 nora...

edit: well not all of them, it would be the designers to decide which ones

9. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Based off your posts, you are obviously the type of person who listens simply to reply. You don't digest any of the information given to you. You feel you are right and no one else's opinion is worthy of the time it would take to digest and really formulate a new idea about. So why should any of us do anything different when it comes to your opinions. Please stop talking about KF all together. Every time you post, it is bad for the faction if anyone was still listening.

Etherielin, Xirone and Woffleet like this.
  10. polltroy

whatever you guys negotiate with the meta kids, at least let KF keep the +1 max ap...

11. polltroy

if they actually remove the speed bonus, will they manually increase speed on lots of Champs? will they also give KF +ap spells, a lot of other factions have these kinds of spells, meaning they can be more flexibleon movement certain turns (FW, SP, SL for instance)

12. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

Most likely; especially on low speed champs who rely on the +1 to be viable, and a select few higher speed ones who, design-wise, sort of require the high speed originally granted by the bonus. Their nora cost would increase to reflect this obviously.

13. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Here is another suggestion. The lore is that KF Elves are the first race of those Nora-born. So let's make KF gain the following faction bonus change.

FF: +4 nora when capturing a font
    SF: +2 nora when capturing a font

14. polltroy

and likewise they will lower dmg if kf happens to get a dmg bonus instead? its so stupid, these stat bonuses are just negectedby the devsby making them champs like they already have the bonus. they should not do that. Maybe it woulöd be better if all factions had only split bonus. And if you have FF you simply get twice split bonus. Then maybe finally they would build Champs around split and not FF.

15. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

One shot of Vodka @Xirone

16. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Beyond that, having played a good few other themes in the past few days, just to test things out, I have to steadfastly argue AGAINST any binary +X dmg for a given range.

Unlike UD KF possesses' a wide range of both melee and ranged champions, limiting a bonus to a given type only serves to hurt the faction as a whole. Beyond that I too argue for the continued +1 max ap, the extra threat range helps translate as "Speed" while not impacting the early game draw potential.

Etherielin and Pathfnder like this.
  17. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

At this rate, Xirone will have to change it to one bottle of Vodka tbh...

Poxbrothers likes this.
  18. Celestus

Celestus The King of Potatoes

How did this get overlooked so fast? This gives the effect of speed without the quick capture of fonts that everyone has the issue with.

FF KF:Champions with above 3 range gain +2 damage, Second attack per champion with below 3 range uses 2 AP less
    Split KF: Champions with above 3 range gain +1 damage, Second attack per champion below 3 range uses 1 AP Less

Maybe even this? Gives ranged champs a reason to be taken down quick but also gives melee champs more reason to engage quicker

Xirone likes this.
  19. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

This is a terrible bonus.

20. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Yeah, I kind of like it a lot. Again, the second idea is less powerful than the first. It directly address the 8 speed draw win thing but still allows the champs to sometimes double tap more frequently.