Faction Bonus Change

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by xezno, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Okay one last idea....

KF/XX- If you haven't lost by round 10, you win!!
    FF KF- If you haven't lost by round 5, you win!!

It is an historically thematic bonus for KF, what do you all think?

Pathfnder, Etherielin and xezno like this.
  2. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

I like it, it will benefit the split bgs that need the AP cap, like Tortun

3. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

I realize this change is going to happen regardless, but I'm still on this team. You can't design champs around +1 spd bonus for 10 years and then expect the faction to be ok when you kick that out. The only positive thing about the change is opening KF splits.

DarkJello, Etherielin and polltroy like this.
  4. blazigro

blazigro The King of Potatoes

Why not make something lik vegetation-orientated? +1 speed when within 3 spaces of grass and entangling attack if both champs are occupying vegetation for KF FF and just +1 speed for KF/XX. This would also bump spells that create vegetation

5. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I really like the fact that KF is NOT friendly to splits. In my small time here, it seems many things get nerfed do to split interaction even though they are just fine FF. Splits need a nerf anyway since they have a MASSIVE rune pool to choose from. If we get friendlier to splits, well I guess it really wont matter at this point. With a -1 speed change across the board, It will be interesting to see how the faction turns out in the end.

6. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

They should just remove all the split bonuses, and make FF bonus equal to the current split bonuses. Bam!
    I'd be cool with this.

7. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

I think you'd see a mass exodus of KF players unless they reworked a lot of champs.

8. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

Well, my statement was made in the assumption that a rework was coming. I think their plan was to replace the +1 speed bonus, and adjust the champs that were originally designed with the bonus in mind.

9. xezno

This ^^

Splits do not need a bonus at all. It would solve so much. Also the 4 themes that are splits could simply get a bonus option by have 15 leoss/tort/stitched/kanen in the deck. Not sure how hard that would be to code but in all seriousness, I am totally against splits getting any type of bonus.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

My current line of thinking:

When deployed, friendly champions may move 1 space for free for every X enemy champions in play.

xezno likes this.
  11. ChiaoLung

Hmmm...unless a lot of champs get reworked I'm not a fan of this suggestion. It'll make our champs fast out of the gate late game and then pretty average for the rest of the time (early/mid game and after deploy late game). Also, without AP there would be no attacks or ability use. Seems relatively pointless unless the battle is being lost and then it helps with an uphill battle. Anyone else see anything different?

12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Whatever happens, expect a lot of champs to get additional SPD (or other changes), and likely more access to Initiative and other "acceptable" forms of speedy things for KF.

Also, feel free to discuss/consider the straight AP variant of it as well.

xezno, Etherielin and ChiaoLung like this.
  13. Xirone

If the bonus gave AP on deploy, instead of a movement bonus, it would make KF quite tricky as the champs could use their special abilities like Stealth, Invigorate, Hibernate, Heal Champion, Force Barrier, etc. With that said, friendly champions are currently getting a 8 nora discount as the extra SPD is worth about that much. If KF champs only get a one-time bonus per champion that one-time effect should be worth it.

14. xezno

I see the uphill bonus and also a counter to summons (I am assuming this would proc off summons also?). I honestly like it at the moment. Also anymore, I am hoping for a weak faction bonus so there is more insensitive for sok to boost champs.

Plus this is also a bonus that would affect ALL champions in play. Seriously I like this one the more I think about it.

15. Xirone

Also, there should be a minimum bonus that every champ gets so that all champions have access to some bit of a bonus, IMO.

16. ChiaoLung

As long as all our champs at least get looked at it might be ok. I'm not really a fan of a once-per-champ bonus though. The AP bonus would likely be too strong, but I'd rather have something that's either more permanent (UD/ST/SL type of bonus) or more flexible (SP/FS type of bonus). Increased mobility on deploy is nice, but it's a one time thing. Perhaps increased AP storage as well?

17. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Im sorry to say it but this is the worst suggestion so far by several reasons.

1. This is not intuitive and not really pasive, it makes it very confusing for new players to understand what is happening
    2. This is not a KF. This is strong for defensive play
    3. This will get nerfed in the first opportunity after introduced. Or u have to remove initiative from all KF first. You remember the cool 14 ap garu sl? Now think like this: combine the new ability in mid game with some initiative champ or a ranged guy together with some invigorate or similar. So kf will be the super defenders. Anyone ckming even close to a font will be killed next turn by deploys.

DarkJello likes this.
  18. Xirone

FF- When deployed, friendly champions may move 1 space for free for every enemy champion in play (to a max of 5) and can permanently store +2 AP.
    Split- When deployed, friendly champions may move 1 space for free for every 2 enemy champions in play (to a max of 5) and can permanently store +1 AP.

ChiaoLung likes this.
  19. Xirone

Or more simply...
    FF- Friendly champions gain +2 SPD for the first 3 turns in play and permanently can store +2 AP.
    SPLIT- Friendly champions gain +1 SPD for the first 3 turns in play and permanently can store +1 AP.

20. xezno

Im sorry to say it but this is the worst suggestion so far by several reasons.

1. This is not intuitive and not really pasive, it makes it very confusing for new players to understand what is happening
    There would need to be a visual counter (possibly just hovering over the faction bonus icon could have current bonus listed) to reduce confusion. I agree that at first it would be confusing however but no more confusing than SL/FW bonus. I was lost for a long time on the point of the FW bonus and I still hate the SL bonus.

2. This is not a KF. This is strong for defensive play
    I disagree here. It is a speed advantage the grows as the game goes on. Total KF.

3. This will get nerfed in the first opportunity after introduced. Or u have to remove initiative from all KF first. You remember the cool 14 ap garu sl? Now think like this: combine the new ability in mid game with some initiative champ or a ranged guy together with some invigorate or similar. So kf will be the super defenders. Anyone ckming even close to a font will be killed next turn by deploys.
    First, it ONLY applies to movement, not everything. So it is not like you could deploy AND immediately attack unless the unit also had int. The only way you would get some MASSIVE boost I am sure would be a unit with int + MASSIVE amount of enemy units on the field. It is not like it would be a first, second, or even third turn deploy of 14 movement.