Faction Bonus Change

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by xezno, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Example A with an +AP CAP clause would be great!

2. Xirone

For clarity sake, would the champions have to use their movement bonus on the turn they are deployed or could it be used for the first spaces of movement moved?

Also, there would need to be some kind of indicator letting the opponent and KF player know exactly how many free movement spaces were granted.

3. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

All this is too complicated and not thematic. Forget this idea.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Didnt SP basically used to have this as their font bonus and it got changed because of how powerful it was?

5. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Could I move my Lumbering champs 1 free space per as well? :D

DarkJello likes this.
  6. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

I kind of like it, but it involves way more "counting" than the idea I posted which you disliked for exactly that reason.

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's different when it applies to fonts in a faction with MOGA.

I also don't remember if it had a cap.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  8. Xirone

KF/XX- When deployed, friendly champions may move 1 space for every 2 opposing champions in play (to a maximum of 2 spaces). Friendly champions can store +1 AP.
    FF KF- When deployed, friendly champions may move 1 space for every 2 opposing champions in play (to a maximum of 4 spaces). Friendly champions can store +2 AP.

As a note, if something like the above went live, would it be possible for the KF font bonus to grant Mobility for champions on-deploy and at the beginning of their turns? Currently, a champion with Initiative won't gain Mobility unless it starts the turn in the deployment zone.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

+2 or +4 ap on deploy?

sorry what

10. Xirone

Not AP, free spaces of movement (it isn't quite as powerful as AP on deploy). Sok's current ideas are...
    "KF Faction Bonus A
    FF: When deployed, friendly champions may move 1 space for free for every X enemy champions in play, to a maximum of Y.
    KF Faction Bonus B
    FF: When deployed, friendly champions gains X AP if there are at least Y enemy champions in play.
    "
    My idea was playing off Sok's idea of the bonus by limiting the on-deploy effect but incorporating the old AP CAP element.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Reminds me of the old SP font bonus, in a way.

12. Xirone

KF's Harbinger is going to be even better if this goes through.

13. polltroy

So basically, if this goes through, you have to choose, get font bonus or use faction bonus. U cant really have both, at least not the first few turns of a champions life, basically only if he retreats later jn game, which is not so likely considered kf is gonna be the slow faction from now on?

14. Xirone

Yeah, I'd hope the font bonus would be changed to on-deploy and at the start of friendly turns. Otherwise you couldn't use your bonus and get Mobility, which would suck.

15. polltroy

Come on, the devs always try to find was to Firk the kf players, it basically always was like that. Tricky ways like make revamp, make one kf guy super good, nerf the Bane Shift out of the rest, then all will complain this one guy is op and then all kf agrees ok he is and accepts nerf, but forget everything else was ruined. Same it seems with last expansion strategy, all to hide the real agenda to nerf kf speed. Now it turns out kf range gott outshot in last expansion. And now this sneaky way to try to make ppl accept to take away both speed and mobility faction bonus from kf. And with a suggestion with x and y, so everyone can dream of cool numbers and op initiative, but when it actuallly happens it will of course be super weak, like x=5 and y=2. No one even complained ever about font bonus still they want to take it too. So so sneaky.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  16. polltroy

I guess sok wants to help "his" factions "friends" to gain ranks over kf or make good kf quit the game jn the future? Then his "friends" will all be happy with him?

17. polltroy

I have a cool new ide for kf faction bonus. Give FF +x to max ap, +x-1 to speed and on top +y extra in damage for range z+. Does anyone like it? Sounds cool and op?

Wait I forgot to say x is 1, y is 1 and z is 6.

18. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I really like the core idea of it. :D

The bonus movement will have to be carefully set both as growth rate and as maximum cap. Also, there are maps out there where the first font is adjacent to the Shrine zone. So if KF champions gain movement too early in the game (basically 2nd/3rd turn of the game) they can gain a momentum advantage there by capping their close font first due to bonus or deploying toward the middle faster. Doesn't seem like that'll be the case though, the bonus seems like it'll grow slow enough to prevent that.
    I know you're aware of potential problems, just felt more at ease by voicing my concerns.

19. polltroy

Hey, why not do like this for kf, there will be no more complaining about the high speed giving early game advantage:

Kf faction ff bonus: kf champs get +1 speed and +1max ap (same like now) AND all friendly champions gains stasis.

Or alternatively, just give all kf champs stasis manually. Maybe this is gonna reduce nora cost too, so they fi ally can become the real new moga with costs around 40-50, not 50-60?

20. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Two words, Polltroy: Just. No.

xezno likes this.