Faction Bonus Change

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by xezno, Jan 21, 2015.

1. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

hehe it was a joke, not a serious suggestion. just to show how stupid it is to even discuss this new suggestion of SOK without having the numbers.

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

"haha I'm a moron"

Etherielin likes this.
  3. polltroy

we all know for long... :)

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Sure.

xezno likes this.
  5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Ok so this is more like hit and run movement than AP gain? Still think it will be very strong but not as bad as I was thinking.

6. polltroy

It will be a strong way to make sure KF plays the way the meta kids want, passive waiting for the enemy to strike and then strike back. Just funny forcing KF in this booring role when KF is not even the ranged faction any longer. But I guess the meta kids will have big smiles.

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Not sure how you have gotten the idea that free movement favors a defensive approach. Almost the exact opposite is true. Playing defensively negates the proposed faction bonus completely since it seems to only work on deploy. Instead it favors spreading quickly and trying to contest as many things as possible. In the mid game it helps reinforce wherever the fighting is thickest and helps you defend your own fonts by deploying and engaging enemies. In the late game it lets you continue your push to their shrine.

Pathfnder and Sirius like this.
  8. greenman13

greenman13 The King of Potatoes

I think before this is even thought of we need a recap and take a look to see the speed on most champs im sorry to say but I think we are no where near ready for this kind of change

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Band-aids mate. Just rip it off. IS survived ;)

10. greenman13

This is true but there a lot more important things to look at I am not trying to say do not do it but this might cause some issues with some kf runes that can be patched

11. polltroy

Not correct. It favours defensive play as you can reinforce your lines quickly. You want to let enemy build up as many champs as possible and then let him be forced to charge. Then you counter charge with you free movement troops combined with initiative or invigorate. As KF has low speed, this would be your only shot of victory. You can not capture fonts early, you can not run away from enemy any longer or try to pick them one by one. KF low dmg, low hp and then combined with low speed makes you be forced to avoid Contact with enemy at all cost. Just create a spread out frontline and save nora and wait for enemy to make misstake to get too close to your deployment zones so you can kill him with a powerturn kind of way.

12. polltroy

The most important way to play against KF will be this:

Charge them as soon as possible.
    1) KF are weak and only strong in numbers, when they can hide by spread out
    2) KF gets stronger in late game
    3) you dont want the fight to be in front of the KF fonts, they fight must be INSIDE the fonts, so they can not deply near the fight. So always contest as early aspossibl against KF.

So the new KF will be the opposite to KFof today and all other factions will be the new KFs of today.

13. greenman13

I kind of like how this sounds I would give it a try

14. polltroy

it sounds... defensive.

15. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

So basically, you want all of Poxnora to bow to the opinion of a single zealot...........you..........and have an entire faction remain imbalanced because of how YOU like to play the game?

Sok, can you please just ban this guy already? It should be clear by now that nothing constructive will ever come out of his mouth, and his presence on the forums only sours the experience for everyone else.

Etherielin and xezno like this.
  16. polltroy

If u look on this thread, there are a handfull pll posting positive replies and most of them dint even play with kf. Im pretty sure alot of kf players dont like the speed nerf and dont like this Bane Shift option to convert kf from offensive to defensive. Its just no fair.

17. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Our bonus is going to get change no matter what any KF player wants. It is on Soks agenda so you can either just be negative about it and make up gibberish or you can work with Sok to help make a positive change.

On the other hand, since you hate this idea so much and say most of KF stuff is unplayable, such as Dugon, have you ever thought about going to another faction? SP is low on numbers, they would love to have you in their ranks. Seriously, I hear them calling your name.

18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It'd be pretty weird if a thread in the faction forums discussing a nerf to their faction was met with thunderous applause and celebration.

Etherielin likes this.
  19. polltroy

No, i dont want to go to another faction. I played kf or kf split 98% of my 6500 games. If i can not play kf and have fun i just quit. Now someone will say everyone will be happy if i do. I hope sok says it too and then get fired when his boss realized i gave the game prob more than 3000 usd over the years.

And yea i gave already several other good options if they really want to make this change. If they indeed nerf the speed bonus, i hope they readjust all other kf effect dosadvantages there are i the game, because they are really numerous.

20. polltroy

But thats how it looks here, doesnt it? Thats because those ppl posting are mainly not kf players or its the same few ppl posting again and again.