Faction Bonuses - Scale Down?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Not sure if serious...

DarkJello likes this.
  2. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

no just spewing ideas. Sorry just super HYPE right now!

3. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Can I suggest removing % from SL and SP bonus?
    Percentage is often hard to calculate and hard for new players who don't know if things will round up or down.

4. Yourmom

Yourmom The King of Potatoes

I think that changing the faction bonuses is a great way to balance the game. Right now as it stands draw wins are more common with certain factions because they have the AP that are able to get them to their font faster or contest their opponents font. That makes the game discouraging to play. Let's face it, a lot of times AP is what wins the games. Also having a 7 range unit with 8 speed is very problematic.

I agree with everything that sokolov posted originally. All those faction bonuses seem fair to me.

5. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

What about:

FF KF: First attack per champion uses 1 AP less.
    Split KF: Second attack per champion uses 1 AP less.

Or

FF KF: Second attack per champion uses 2 AP less.
    Split KF: Second attack per champion uses 1 AP less.

Gives KF a bigger threat range without having the instant font capture options.

Sincerely,

Josh753

6. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

<_<
    >_>
    Wouldn't the direct scaling down of KF's bonus be like this?
    Split = 1 Extra Max AP
    Full = 2 Extra Max AP

7. Pedeguerra

2 Max AP is a no go, though.
    People keep saying that the SPD bonus is too good but forget how much of an impact having that +AP has for threat range.

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

On paper I actually agree but think it would be worth giving it a go. +2/1 Max AP would be almost as strong in the mid/late game but removing the +1 Speed would slow down their early game a fair bit. It may very well turn out that it needs further changing and that can be dealt with when we reach that point.

9. Pedeguerra

I tend to agree, but when I think that a 6 SPD champ could potentially have 12AP when maxed out I get skeptic.

10. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Even with a possible revamp of faction bonuses there are still no plans to address the entirely backloaded nature of the FW bonus?

Also, if you're going to remove Boon and transfer part of the abilities to the faction bonus then would you also consider removing Arctic and making part of the ST bonus be that all friendly champions are unaffected by ice and unimpeded by snow?

What about font bonuses? Those are hardly balanced as well. Some are situationally excellent, some are okay, some are always good, and some are meh.

11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yes, I have considerations for this sort of thing as well, though it wouldn't be quite that way I think. But that's another can of worms - of course, that is how Pox is, a bunch of systems on top of systems that have been layered on and added to over the years.

12. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

No doubt about that. Even as I was writing that post I was thinking about the cascading headache it would be to truly fix these very old issues.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    soulmilk likes this.
  13. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

Saving my sincere laughs for the moment the forums burst in flames for a 26 nora 42 hp 15 damage skeletal berzerker.

14. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

In the large scale of things I am glad the bonuses are being considered.

With the revamp champions are all paying for their stats and abilities leaving Faction and font bonuses as the outliers. The revamp has made this an even larger issue due to the balance disparity between them.

For example the FW bonus was terribad but was made up for lots of good range units with phat abilities.
    With the revamp a lot of range got hit hard and the units are bloated as abilities could no longer shore it up.

The bonuses should either be rebalanced, Toned down, or modified in some way.
    This response will require more time to write and I'm at work so will have to save that for later tonight ^_^.

I'll throw out one *rough* idea though.

What if the FF bonus for all factions was +X rune reveals at the start of the game?
    Split faction wouldn't get any bonus.

This way the benefit of FF is consistency of draws while SF is quality of rune selection.
    Fonts would be powerful for faction flavor as they relate more positioning which is Pox's strength.

Woffleet likes this.
  15. Leogratz

On topic:

I am with the "why not remove" mob. Seriously, bonuses could be taken out of faction and moved towards themes.

Specially since I mostly played FW, and I know what it is to play bonusless when everyone have their shiny toys. Strip EVERYONE of free toys and mess with the templates to give them identity.

16. Pedeguerra

While you are at it fix domichasm mechanics as well. Those shouldnt exist.

soulmilk likes this.
  17. Leogratz

Fully supported. Actually I refuse using those since it is mostly a 50 nora instant removal of a champ, which is unfair as hell, or a spell taking dust at my runedock.

18. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

What is your opinion on galechasm or kb-chasm in general?

19. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

knock back / chasm is ok because it isn't hard countered by all the iron will abilities or shielded.

20. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

If Boon is being removed, how is Disease being handled?

Kind of hoping that you'll only be immune to your own disease effects (Unless a unit specifically has immunity ofc).

Removing Construct Immunities was good. But Boon is another big culprit in terms of holding back an entire damage type (two, really). It is basically holding back a lot of diversity for the sake of a thematic ideal.

As I said, if your own units were immune to your own disease and poison effects, that would be plenty thematic without preventing your enemy from damaging you.

Netherzen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.