Fae/Garu/Cens

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Fae/Garu are getting some love, whileCentaurs have to wait till next patch when I can devote more changes to them. So 4 Fae changes 2 Garu changes and two Nerfs are planned to go through.

Fae; Champions that I want to address are as followed.

• Rascal Fairy;
    • Fae enchantress; *more to come.
    • Sun blossom- Abash removed from base -10n // // Improve dmg to base +7
    • Fragile Flight- This champion has Flight as long as it has 20 or more HP. If this champion does not have Flight, it gains Defenseless (Nora Cost: 1 NORA).
    Nerfs:
    Colossal Boa
    Remove tough 3/2
    Add Fearless/resilient +2/+6
    Hp to 60 from 65
    Scale armour added to base +8
    Remove Colossal. -12

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  2. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Save us karma. U da best.

And what about nerfs? are u gonna take off falconers basic attack?

3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

If one of the changes to Garu include Garu Hunter losing Nemesis, that buffs Unassuming Tree as well. I remember, somewhere, Gedden saying that he didn't like Nemesis as an ability.

Etherielin, EnigmaXIII and Woffleet like this.
  4. EnigmaXIII

Unassuming tree would be awesome. And fixing fog of ancients and making balancing force indefinite rather than 6 turns would be amaaaazing.

Xirone likes this.
  5. Xirone

@Gedden
    Fog of Ancients has been bugged forever. Sacrifice of De'lim has also been bugged forever. Those two should be fixed at some point.:)

6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

You guys are absolutely hilarious. That change does nothing except "make flight for Fae cheaper than it is for everyone else". That 20HP and Defenseless restriction does absolutely nothing, since who would leave a champ alive in those conditions?
    Come on, if you want to buff the guys do it, but dont come up with things that are offensive to Pox balance.

7. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I plan to participate in this discussion (was in the middle of typing up suggestions). If any of your recent comments are true, you can trust me to keep things grounded. I happen agree that Fragile Flight isn't ready to implement as is, but I do think the name and direction are worth exploring.

I just ask that you refrain from bashing faces until after folks have had a chance to weigh in :confused:

DarkJello likes this.
  8. Pedeguerra

Haha, fair enough. Will try, but no promises can be made on that regard. ;)
    I still love all my fellow Poxers, though.

9. Xirone

In a perfect world, Fragile Flight would promote the use of the Fae, together, instead of just making them cheaper. In the absence of a solid way of making the Fae work well together, in spite of their terrible HP:NORA ratios, I'd say Fragile Flight is a great runner-up. If anyone has a better idea, or a way to tweak Fragile Flight to make it better, let's start the discussion!

10. Pedeguerra

As is? Not really.

11. Xirone

Here's a quick evaluation of where these guys are at right now...

Fae Enchantress
    Hit Points: 32
    Base Stat Cost: 37 Nora
    Base Ability Cost: +28 Nora
    Base Cost: 65 Nora
    Upgrade Ability Cost: +6 to +17 Nora
    Total Cost: 71-82 Nora
    HP to NORA Ratio: 0.45 to 0.39

Rascal Fairy
    Hit Points: 30
    Base Stat Cost: 42 Nora
    Base Ability Cost: 23 Nora
    Upgrade Ability Cost: +11 to +20 Nora
    Total Cost: 76-85 Nora
    HP to NORA Ratio: 0.39 to 0.35

Sun Blossom
    Hit Point: 36
    Base Stat Cost: 48 Nora
    Base Ability Cost: 20 Nora
    Base Cost: 68 Nora
    Upgrade Ability Cost: +8 to +14 Nora
    Total Cost: 76-82 Nora
    HP to Nora Ratio: 0.47 to 0.44

12. Pedeguerra

Ok, just dont forget that champ that gives all these fairies +5HP and 5 nora refund.

13. EnigmaXIII

Sorry im a little out of the loop, could someone inform me what fragile flight is exactly?

14. Xirone

Good question. There were a few different iterations of the idea but the one I think Karma is talking about is...
    Of course, that proposal is up for debate and Gedden would have to approve of it.

15. Xirone

For Rascal Fairy what about something like...
    Rascal Fairy- HP increased from 30 to 34. RNG reduced from 3-5 to 4-5. Poison 1 added to base. Shadowspawn moved from base to 1st upgrade path (now Initiative 1/Initiative 2/Shadowspawn). Knockout moved from base to 2nd upgrade path. Shadowstrike moved from 2nd upgrade path to base. 2nd upgrade path changed to Knockout/Stun/Pin Down.

He'd look like this after the change...
    Rascal Fairy
    DMG: 8, SPD: 6, RNG: 4-5, DEF: 0, HP: 34
    Base: Attack: Arrow, Flight, Poison 1, Shadowstrike
    1st Upgrade Path: Initiative 1/ Initiative 2/ Shadowspawn
    2nd Upgrade Path: Knockout/Stun/Pin Down

Which would change his evaluation from...
    Rascal Fairy
    Hit Points: 30
    Base Stat Cost: 42 Nora
    Base Ability Cost: 23 Nora
    Upgrade Ability Cost: +11 to +20 Nora
    Total Cost: 76-85 Nora
    HP to NORA Ratio: 0.39 to 0.35

to...
    Rascal Fairy
    Hit Points: 34
    Base Stat Cost: 41 Nora
    Base Ability Cost: 20 Nora
    Base Cost: 61 Nora
    Upgrade Ability Cost: +11 to +18 Nora
    Total Cost: 72-79 Nora
    HP to NORA Ratio: 0.47 to 0.43

If Fragile Flight is implemented, his cost would range from 67-74 which would make his HP:NORA ratio 0.5 to 0.46.

Edit: Poison 1 wouldn't trigger from Knockout, right?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  16. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

It would not, at least I don't think. I'll be home fairly soon, gonna get working on these changes. I may have to scrap centaurs till later due to the fact I had forgotten about the falconer nerf I wanted to bring in. (Thanks for mentioning) Also I'll be posting a list of bugs as well in my PCR so hopefully those can get addressed to

17. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

For Centaurs, 2 changes sounds like a bad idea.

If one of those changes is not a RtH recosting/rework, pushing two champs into playability is going to cause a lot of problems.

If one of those changes is a recost/rework for RtH, then you're left with one champ getting marginally better when only a few centaurs are good without it.

A +10n nerf to RtH (still amazing compared to quickening but at least its restricted to mostly bad champs) and then two buffs to the bad centaurs would be decent if we are going the low effort (high effort being cool new racial and some synergy - like worms but more thought out) route then I would want to see changes to the two bad melee centaurs AKA:

1 - Interceptor
    . He almost has a role but he doesn't do it particularly well: mobile melee champ, some kind of quasi-tankiness with bind and his above average hp/defense and block1.
    Assuming that we are looking to buff centaurs, the theme, rather than just a couple of champs that happen to be centaurs, he needs to be a small champ.
    First, it helps him actually be mobile. Second, it means that centaurs aren't just a bunch of fatties and won't be as handicapped by maps (cyclops made a similar transition and nobody complained about their immersion being ruined).

From there, I think he can do his "intercepting" more elegantly than just being an almost tanky champ. I would like to see the following:

Lose 5-10 hp, add 2-3 damage (hopefully these numbers make his base cost cheaper).
    Phantom dash to base (replaces block).

Upgrade path 1: portal walker (rename this ability), aid defense, antagonize.
    Upgrade path 2: block 1, deflect, reflexes 2.

2 - Centaur Regulator.
    Not as bad as interceptor, but not great either. Like interceptor, we need to get our melees to a decent size (sarnghavian is fine because heavy charger makes it work), so change her to small.

After that, just take restrict off of base and give it the slot that recycle is currently sitting in. No matter what, she will have some kind of anti-equip utility. My big problem with her has been that centaurs have a single, unique, non-physical damage unit. This is not a terrible problem for KF since we have a sweet equipment that gives us a pretty good attack type. It can be a terrible problem when you have to move your melee champ 5 or 6 spaces away from the action in order to use that equipment. Recycle is normally a good ability but it can't compete with shatter when it's on a nora-link champion.

bzodiac and Karmavore like this.
  18. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I think im going to wait and leave centaurs till the next patch, I have a nerf for Boa/Falconer coming and I'd rather have those pushed through then outright buffs. But I love the post. Im gonna save that.

19. Xirone

You'll be my hero if you get a few Fae buffed, Colossal Boa and Falconer appropriately nerfed, and one non-champion rune buffed. That would be one hell of a patch!

Etherielin, DarkJello and Karmavore like this.
  20. EnigmaXIII

Game will be dead by sunday. Calling it.