Frozen/unstoppable bug

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Mar 2, 2017.

1. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Yes.

Why would it? If it's listing the conditions it stops, isn't it just safer to assume that everything not listed there isn't affected by the ability? The description is specific enough reagrding the conditions it bypasses for a reason. This is not me trying to get on your nerves or anything, I just genuinely fail to see where there is room for confusion, particularly because I might've come across far more new players than you ever have and not a single one of them has had issues in this regard.

That's wholly unnecessary and goes against your line of thinking when it comes to simplifying the game. In this instance, the game isn't failing to communicate anything. It is addressing specific conditions and how they are prevented. In this sense you could argue Pox is self aware enough where it knows the diverse amount of conditions available to players and therefore specifies which conditions in particular the ability deals against.

Frozen on it's own is a condition that comprises several statuses, among them the loss of speed, which by no means equals to loss to raw AP loss which is what Unstoppable prevents. We also know thanks to the tool tips and specifications that Slowed is the only status the ability prevents in terms -SPD debuffs. Frozen on it's own causes -1 damage, -1 speed and -1 defense, not wearied, slowed and sundered. They are not the same and nowhere does it say they are. They should be considered to be two separate conditions which come as a result of two different sources.

I do agree that generally speaking this information isn't available straight away for new players, but by listing the exact conditions unstoppable prevents through the tool tips, players can narrow down it's function in an easier way.

AP loss and less AP generation as per result of Speed loss are two different things. I'm pretty sure you know this and this becomes very obvious by just playing. Frozen does not cause AP loss, it causes Speed loss. There's a difference, no rocket science behind it. So yes, Unstoppable makes champions immune to AP loss, therefore saying 'this unit is immune' is correct.

To me it justs eems you're confused by the assumption that any form of speed loss accounts as Slowed, but as it's been pinpointed several times by not only players but the game itself by addressing conditions in a specific manner, it doesn't.

BurnPyro and Etherielin like this.
  2. Michael

Michael I need me some PIE!

1) This guy is just seeking attention. If he was serious about it, he would have posted it in Bug Reporting Section instead of General Discussion.
    2) Keeps repeating that frozened=slowed in the tooltip, and frozened=slowed is a condition, and your mental health is in danger.
    3) If 99% of the people get it and you don't, you need to see a doctor.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Where, in the game, does it ever say this?

"This unit has -1 DMG, -1 DEF, and -1 SPD."

It does not say, "this unit is Slowed."

Unstoppable stops whatever it say it does.

Frozen doesn't cause Slowed.

Irrelevant. Losing something is not the same as not gaining it.

Current: This champion cannot be Stunned, Slowed, Ensnared, Paralyzed or Rooted, and is immune to Knockback. This unit is also immune to any effects that cause the loss of AP.

Is This Your Suggestion?: This champion cannot be Stunned, Slowed, Ensnared, Paralyzed or Rooted, and is immune to Knockback. This unit is also stops abilities that cause the loss of AP.

Note that this is actually inaccurate, as a champion with Unstoppable cannot lose AP from non-ability sources as well, and doesn't seem to resolve "cannot be Slowed" in any way.​

It doesn't, it says "cannot be Slowed."

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

So -1 speed isn't being slowed ?

Your twisting all of my words into whatever you want now

What I said would be perfectly fine is changing the description to Unstoppable-this ability stops all abilities listed to the right, meaning the tooltip, that way people know that's all it's covering and nothing more. You do whatever you want, not gonna argue with you when you change everything i'm saying to whatever fits your agenda to make me look dumb.

It's inaccurate as it is now

5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Just stop bothering, what's the point at this stage.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Story of super's life

Intelligent people wondering whether he's really that stupid or just a stubborn troll.

JellyBerry likes this.
  7. Sokolov

Would this help?

This champion cannot be affected by the following conditions: Stunned, Slowed, Ensnared, Paralyzed and Rooted. The unit cannot be the following mechanics: Knockback and AP loss.
    This makes it even more explicit that Slowed is a condition.

8. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Please don't make changes based on one player's brain fart.

9. Sokolov

Note that I am considering removing Slowed from it, not really because of this thread so much as that I do think Unstoppable does a lot and Slowed is a bit out of place relative to the other effects, IMO.

10. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Enought dude, super is not presenting a real problem

11. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Does that mean the unit should also be inmune to be grounded? like if i have a champeon with Flying and Unstoppable being grounded is like being rooted or pinned down from the sky?

12. super71

Why would it be immune to grounded, that's not listed anywhere in the ability, slowed is and is an effect of frozen in the instance I mentioned.

13. super71

It'd be simpler and easier for you with similar abilities to just say

Unstoppable only affects the mentioned abilities and conditions, or something along those lines.

This makes it very clear and their is no room for other interpretations.

14. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Exactly. I'm glad we've hit home after 4 pages. Keep it up, proud of you.

We can call it a day now.

I suppose it makes sense as it isn't direct AP loss (unless the champion is at max AP) or halting movement, however it doesn't seem too out of place to warrant a change, in my opinion.

BurnPyro and Tweek516 like this.
  15. Sokolov

That seems like a ton of extra text for no reason other than to say, "This ability does what it says it does."

~

Forsaken Exploit (Current)
    When this champion makes a successful basic attack against a target with Diseased, Cursed or Hexed it gains 1 AP and has +2 DMG for the attack.

Forsaken Exploit (Super71's version)
    When this champion makes a successful basic attack against a target with Diseased, Cursed or Hexed it gains 1 AP and has +2 DMG for the attack. This ability only triggers off the mentioned conditions of Diseased, Cursed, or Hex and not other conditions or effects.

Etherielin and Tweek516 like this.
  16. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

As I said - super's just trying to argue a point in a case, where the entire cosmos is against him, Pox included.

17. super71

Do what you will man, it's entirely up to you. It doesn't do what it says it does though, otherwise it would stop all slowed conditions and effects.

18. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

nah nah nah Firk this. he's trolling

19. super71

Ehh when the play station release fails, it won't be because of people like me, it will be people like you and the long term players who spout nothing but hatred and anger and discredit anyone other than their select little group.

It's not my fault that you guys use the English language only when it suits your specific needs.

20. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Jesus how does this have 4 pages.