[GUIDE] Equipments | Relics | Spells

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by GAIAMASTERakaNANI, Dec 3, 2015.

1. GAIAMASTERakaNANI

GAIAMASTERakaNANI The King of Potatoes

Hello veterans and newcomers, just a quick intro about the topic.

Basically i'll be making this guide to try to gather and cover up all info about those types of runes from our faction in order to explain if they are in the meta , if they are working, if there are any bugs with rune X, how work with them and when to be used.
    I'll be always updating this thread with info i can gather and any other strategy/info anyone feel free to add.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Topic Directory
    - Click below on the section you wish to go -

Equipments Relics Spells

equip.png

TIERS

- Colors of the name reflects on its rarity -
    Tier 1

Akakios Blade Dunewalkers Mantle Indignation Peridot Sphere Quarry Mark

Tier 2

Draketooth Rifle Dragon God Staff Lasher Helm Rage Band Serpentor Scale Armor Skeezick Blade

Tier 3

Bloodthirsty Blade Bonesplitter Maul Heart of Gnash Thunder

Tier 4

Dragonclaw Entropic Clasp Forbidden Fruit Legion Standard Poison Fang Processing Collar Scythe of Gore Tome of Faded Souls

WHEN TO USE
    - Following alfabetical order -
    Akakios Blade : Draksar bg's. If you need more RNG in the momment. It inflicts Eviscerated on your opponents via basic attacks and Charred via Flamestrike.

Bloodthirsty Blade : Interesting equipment, but HIGH price. You can surprise your enemy by equipping this and rushing him, but be aware of Spells that may destroy it or STEAL it from you (SP and FS case). Try to backup your unit by having a Cancel Magic triggered. This way you will make your opponent spend Nora by TRYING to destroy an equipment. But remember that after 6 turns your champion will die, BUT you can prevent it by taking this equipment off with Magnetize and dealing DMG to an enemy champion.

Bonesplitter Maul
    : Underrated equip with VERY GOOD price. Had a recent nora decrease. An friendly Warrior gain Warrior Foe+Execute+Exertion meaning this is like a Equip/deal DMG combo on the same turn in the most of cases. Good against overall Meleers champions, SL, SP, and ST factions. Try this if you have a gap closer bg.

Dragon God Staff : A instant Cleanse as the time you equip this on your champions, and by the begginning of your turns if still equipped. Good price. If you dont have nora avaiable to deploy Valdac,or any other champion that might have some kind of Cleanse use this equipment. Can be used as relic to contest a font or deal DMG (4 Fire) in area (3 spaces). - collaborated @Kampel

Dragonclaw : GOOD price for what it brings, but it will dont see play/use unless it gets more nora decrease or other effect, since the recently Spell Reforge brings more diversity, since it equips your champions Dragonclaw, or if used on enemy champions will give instead a Entropic Clasp or can even destroy an equipment on a enemy champion.

Draketooth Rifle : Can be equipped on virtually every champion to deal a nice ammount of DMG (14 DMG) from RNG. Probably you want to use this on 2x2 units to make a good use of the RNG are or champions that dont have a Basic Attack or Support Champions, IE ; Totem of the Fallen, Valdac, Draksar Fabricator...

Dunewalkers Mantle : Any sand bg. Great DMG boost. You maybe wanna equip this on ranged units or units that can cause a good number of DMG in one attack or ability. Also this gives you Mobility wich is great to disengage.

Entropic Clasp : Our recent new equipment, has a GOOD price but used in some situationals occasions. You may target this equip on tankier (in terms of HP) enemy champions or against some factions like ST since in most of cases it will have the highest HP champions or some SP (Cyclops) bg's. The thing about this equipment is, equip on an recently deployed enemy champion, deal the most DMG you can to it and at the end the equipment will do the rest. Luckly you will kill your target.

Forbidden Fruit : Hardly anyone that plays SL in the momment uses this. Unless is for-fun bg. You may find someone that plays Myx using this. Overall is a powerturn equipment since when equipped your champion instantly loses all AP unless it has Unstopable. FF+Transfusion is a good combo too. If you running Draksar bg with Archer or Rocketeer and have a missing spot on your bg, give it a go, since Bastion is coming back on mostly IS bg's. Pretty fun on 2vs2 matches.

Heart of Gnash : A situational equipment. Good on Acid/Fire bg's ofc, or if you want some diversity in terms of DMG.

Indignation : Very good at conquesting or contest fonts. Try to equip in a 2x2 unit. Cull is very helpfull in situations where you want to finish an unit or even cut down fast a very healthy (HP) enemy champion.

Lasher Helm : The kind of equipment that anoys your opponent. Probably will force your opponent to spend a Spell or deploying a equipment breaker unit. If this equipment has passed to 1-2 enemy champions, congrats you making a good benefit from it.

Legion Standard : I used this equipment long time ago when there was alot of FW bg's focused on Posses. Good if you need to rush ranged enemy champions and you dont want to reach it with low HP.

Peridot Sphere : VERY GOOD price. Try equipping this on frontline champions. If your opponent deploys a very strong DMG melee champion and this equipment is your only option, go for it. Or you can try to direct this equipment on a enemy champion, causing a AOE (Area of Effect) DMG of 40% based on the DMG you caused on the enemy equipped with this. Good if your enemy has too much champions aglomerated, equip this on a enemy champion, try to deal the highest DMG you can, the others enemy champions will suffer 40% of the DMG, and maybe you can finish the area by using an DMG Spell like Acid or Firestorm. - collaborated @Kampel

Poison Fang : GOOD nora cost. But it only gives your opponent the Poisoned condition if equipped on a Melee friendly champion. Maybe in the future it could get a rework to get a better with beasts. Atm doesnt worth using it.

Processing Collar : Very situational equipment. You may wanna try this if you using Charge focused bg, or if you have Vex, Draksar Marauder, Persecutor, Skeezicks Grunt, Negation Mage Wylder... . Equipment if you really need to generate Charges.

Quarry Mark : Use this if you want to 1x1 one enemy champion. Also you can easily kill a enemy champion (depending wich) if you have a friendly champion witch certains types of abilities like Execute (IE ; 50% Execute + 50% Hunter Equipped).

Rage Band : The instant DMG boost. You want to try equip this on your champions to make a frontline, prevent from Paralyze (very found at SP and IS bg's) or your ranged champions like Draksar Archer or Fleshblade (if not using Violent on upgrades). If you have an strategy to maintain your champions alive for long turns equip this on any of those Dragons that people are using in the META bg's like Imperators, Vindrax.

Scythe of Gore : Focused on Kanen bg's, but even on Kanen bg's if not used too much. If you considering using it, try to equip on the DMG dealers or on Garin, will make his basick attack/AoE hurt alot with Multiattack.

Serpentor Scale Armor : Maybe an underrated equipment atm. Pretty good in Draksar bg's ofc. +1 DEF, nice SPD boost on next turns and generates nora. Equip this on Tankier units, this way you can make this equipment last longer and make a good benefit of it. Heart Strike makes this item finish medium/low HP champions in the same turn.

Skeezick Blade : VERY GOOD price. And extremely good sinergy with Skeezicks bg's and AP deny bg's. Also it will counter due the Inhibited condition, most of the champions from SL, IS and KF, since those kinds of factions have some kind of Regen/Healing abilities, while giving it Eviscerated 3 too.

Thunder : Used to be Mangleshell's equipment. Explosive Attack 3 is awesome in Fire/Amplify bg's. It has a standard nora cost. Probably you will find use in Tortuns bg.

Tome of Faded Souls : This sux move this to SP/UD or SP/FW idk.

STATE OF THE RUNE

- If there are any runes you're using quotted here, please take a time and read about it -
    Serpentor Scale Armor : Problem with Two-Races Draksar (Draksar Centaur, Psion, Rip Demon Alpha and probably Berserker). DO NOT EQUIP this on them because it wont trigger any buff/effect. - credits @GAIAMASTERakaNANI

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    Woffleet, Anima26 and Sokolov like this.
  2. GAIAMASTERakaNANI

relics.png

TIERS

Tier 1

Gatling Gun Guardian's TreasureHive Scouring JasperSkywing BeaconSundered WarbannerTransmission Relay

Tier 2

Dragon Skull Fascinating SapphireFault MarkerSlum MarketTainted StatueUnstable Power Source

Tier 3

Dragon Artificier Portal Myx HiveVenom Trap

Tier 4

Clutch of VindraxMyx Pupae (Orange, Purple)Sand Generator Skeezick FurnaceSundered Giving TreeTarget DummyThe Farm

WHEN TO USE

Clutch of Vindrax : Atm its not viable in any of kind bg from SL, unless you really more Regeneration. Maybe with a future nora decrease or a remake this could be viable.

Dragon Artificier Portal : Transmission Relay is way better than this. If you focusing on Surge : Dragons bg or some of the kind, you may try to find a space for this, otherwise waste of space.

Dragon Skull : Pretty focused on Acid/Fire thematic bg's, out of this theres no space for this relics.

Fascinating Sapphire : Since the new Guardian's Treasure has Fascinate, this rune is a secundary option for those who dont have Guardian's Treasure or Guardian of Eretat. You may try this on those Dragons bg's or Drakkies if you having difficult against RNG champions. A good combo is Slum Market > Train Assault > Fascinating Relic but IM NOT 100% SURE IF THIS COMBO WILL TRIGGER THE OPPORTUNISTIC ASSAULT, needs confirmation.

Fault Marker
    : This one you maybe wanna try, on AP deny bg's. A good spot to deploy it is on Neutral Fonts or Enemy Font forcing the battle to go a little bit on your favor sicne enemy champions will lose 2 AP when they attack (if they are in the area of effect wich is 5 spaces). But if you saving a spot for this rune for Bastion of Courage, a better choice would be Legion Standard.

Gatling Gun : VERY GOOD nora cost for what it brings to the table. Area of 5 spaces 5 DMG per turn. But remember that Draksar Fabricator and Skeezick Machinist can deploy this at 3 AP and 4 CD turns. There's a good combo if you running Skeezick Trigger, that is based on deploy Clutch of Vindrax and utilize Skeezick Trigger ability Detonate Relic dealing 12 Fire DMG to enemy in a 2 spaces area. - collaborated @Kampel

Guardian's Treasure : One of SL best relics atm and in the META in general too. GOOD price, brings alot of buffs and gives a great sinergy to those Dragons bg's or any other gap closer/melee bg. If you have this, use it.

Hive : A long time friend. It very used to contest fonts or to lower in -1 DEF (in the next turn) a group of enemy champions. Physical and Poison DMG at the end of turns. Very used in SL bg's in general and constantly in Myx bg's.

Myx Hive : The only spot for this is on Myx bg's ofc, maybe this will get the slot of Myx Pupae (idk if anyone uses it anyway). Maybe it could get an sinergy witch Matriarch or something. Myx bg x1 slot.

Myx Pupae
    : There's not much to talk about this rune, i dont even see her in play those days.

Sand Generator : No necessity of being deployed in a font anymore.A good ammount of champions now can generate Sand in a area near them and there's spells too that can offer sand in a area near your champions for some turns. Since Sand bg's can stand on their on at generating areas of Sand, there no reason you keep 1 slot for this. But if you feel necessity of run this, the secret is to depy early, this way to mid from late game probably a good part of the map will be flooded with sand, since at the of your turns this relic changes the type of terrain in +1 space at the end of your turns. - collaborated @Kampel

Scouring Jasper : A instant -1 DEF reduction while dealing Acid DMG. It has a nice price, and comes with Nora Gem for those who run this on Split bg's with another Relics with Nora Gem. Use this or Hive, unless you have a equipment/relic focused bg.

Skeezick Furnace : Its like a Two-in-One rune. A relic that can be used to deal 4 DMG at all adjacent enemy units around it while recovering HP equal the DMG deal to them. While dealing DMG in one hand, at the other it can be used to destroy relics, but in the process its owner recover 10 nora. If you dont have Magnetize or Tornado to deal with opponents relics use this. LOW nora cost. It also is a counter to Stitcheds bg's.

Skywing Beacon : Actually we may say this rune has a spot on the actual SL META. Is a deployment zone right where you want. It combo with those recent units that have Relic Guardian, buffing their DMG+DEF. Try to combo this with Initiative/Reinforcements champions.

Slum Market
    : Those days its pretty easy to high-up the DEF on your champion, so having Strike helps alot to counter this. The other choice, Opportunistic Assault, have a awesome sinergy with SL champions, as soon we need to engage the RNG champions, while doing a good ammount of DMG to them, will force the engaged unit to try to use some kind of spell or flee in some kind of way, otherwise it will be dead next turn. Actually i'm using it on my Draksar bg, and i'm doing fine with it.

Sundered Giving Tree : I dont see use to it. Just for colective intents.

Sundered Warbanner : If you going to attack/power-turns remember to deploy this before you do your move. This is a must in all bg's. VERY GOOD nora cost+5 HP+1 DMG.

Tainted Statue : Use this if you planning on making a bg focused on more champions+equipments than spells. Have always a backup for this rune, like Cancel Magic. Your opponent probably will safe nora for use a certain spell against you, but them you will frustate him, cancelling his spell. Try to force your opponent use his spell, IE : If facing ST make sure you have deployed Tainted Statue, and Cancel Magic Triggered, position your champions on locations that you might imagine your opponent will cast a Gale Force on it, and when uses it. WHAAMMM ! CANCELED !!!

Target Dummy : High nora cost. Loses 2 HP at the beggining of EACH turn. If you need Bodyguard them use Temple Guard, wich have great sinergy with Draksar+Defender wich is +2 DEF if sahres a race.

The Farm : Focused on Bests/Mutants bg's. Out of it there not much use.

Transmission Relay : Great relic atm. All turn is +1 Dragon rune reveal. In late game a nradom Dragon has its CD reduced to ZERO, wich is great. On top of that with this relic, you can plan on making plays, like while revealing Dragons you can cast Spell that buff them, like Touch of Vindrax. And its only a 25 nora relic. If you running Dragons USE THIS.

Unstable Powersource : Nora gen and global relic DMG. Good against FW. Becarefull Overload deal DMG to ALL relics including this one.

Venom Trap : Surprising stuff. If it had a cost like 20-25 nora it could be auto=include in all SL bg's. Blind enemy champions IN a AREA of 2 spaces if triggered while dealing 6 Acid DMG and letting them Scoured 3.

STATE OF THE RUNE

- If there are any runes you're using quotted here, please take a time and read about it -

3. GAIAMASTERakaNANI

spells.png

TIERS

Tier 1
    Acid StormBurning SandsCancel MagicChanelled ViolenceDraconic BenedictionDragonfear Firestorm MagnetizeMine FieldPurge QuickenQuickeningReforgeSandstormSummon Dragon

Tier 2
    Antimagic FieldEnslave Horrific MutationMarch of the SkeezickSandspoutTornado Touch of Vindrax TaintTransfusion

Tier 3

Ambush Battle FatigueBlisterBlood of the DragonCall to WarDraconic SacrificeEnergy OverloadFerocity of Kain TarisFight in FormationHonest MistakeKiss of VexMimicPlanar DissonanceScapegoatSkeezick RevoltVex Cor PramWaylay

Tier 4
    Acidic GaleArcane MaelstromAwaken BroodBlaspheme BoilBroodguardCultural ContaminationDraconic PulsarDrone SignalDroughtHatching SeasonMetamagic BacklashNora TrapPack Savagery Seismic DisturbanceThaw

WHEN TO USE

STATE OF THE RUNE

4. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Dragon God Staff actually cleanses instantly when you equip and at the start of each of your turns.

I've been using SK blade, Peridot and Lasher Helm for the past 40 games winning 35/40 in my spell-seal relic/equip bg and i disagree completely with the tiers you gave them.

I would rate this:
    SK Blade, tier 2
    Peridot, tier 1 (equipped on an enemy gives you instant AoE on them).
    Lasher helm, tier 2
    Rage Band, tier 1
    Akakios Blade, tier 3

awesome pics btw.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    Anima26 and GAIAMASTERakaNANI like this.
  5. GAIAMASTERakaNANI

Thank you for the infos Kampel. Updated the list with the tiers you mentioned. But i still believe now Akakios Blade is still Tier 1 or maybe i'll down it to Tier 2, but i do watch more games than i play, and constantly SL games, and i seeing AK Blade pretty constantly. Overall thanks again, lets try to keep this updated.

Btw i kind cut the Basilisc Templar image and put some effects on it.

Kampel likes this.
  6. GAIAMASTERakaNANI

UPDATE : Relics info being added.

7. Kampel

My feedback on relics:

I've been testing Sand Generator yesterday and it works ok, it still gives the +1 AoE sand growth each turn.

I would personally rate Gattling gun tiern 1, but its a complete personal preference, since it came out i have never included hive in my bgs. Gattlings for life.
    Clutch of Vindrax is great for contesting fonts, it has a lot of HP, death nova and deploys a broodling with death nova. Yes, it's healing sucks but works awesomely with "Relic detonation" on the new skeezick and there are more cool interactions to nuke zones that can be made with it, i would tier 2. its underrated.

GAIAMASTERakaNANI likes this.
  8. GAIAMASTERakaNANI

Thanks again @Kampel. You're pretty right about Gattling Gun, while i was writting her information i just thought myself "Damm, this is a very solid rune, i certainly must change it's Tier".
    About Clutch, yes this combo "Relic detonation" works great, i'll add this info to it. But, if we avaliate the Clutch of Vindrax itself, this rune doesnt bring nothing inovative besides the healing factor, wich is something 95% of SL champs have on base.

Thanks

9. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

There's no T1 relic beside Banner and Hive (hp nerf matters here, it's more T1.5). Relay sniffs it but it's bg specific.

For equips I more or less agree on your T1, even if they're all extremely specific as well. The rest I'm not a big fan of but really, it doesn't matter that much : there's playable tier and trash tier.

10. GAIAMASTERakaNANI

While i intend to agree with you that exist the "playabe tier and trash tier" as you stated, this whole guide is for player BOTH veterans and new-players, get to know wich Equipments/Relics/Spells are being used atm or are in the META, if exist one, since i do believe everything is thematic/situational, but doing this players wont have the waste of time to elaborate a whole post, wait for responses to know wich runes are being used or if they are good, etc.

Thanks

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Stickied. Be sure to keep it updated.

GAIAMASTERakaNANI likes this.
  12. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

Since when did forbidden fruit fall so low? Or is it pretty much a skeezick only thing now.

13. GAIAMASTERakaNANI

FF itself its not being used atm. Unless you support her with another rune, like transfusion or use equip her on a ranged unit to map control. It's not even a Skeezick thing now. Compared to before, where she was used with frequency.

14. GAIAMASTERakaNANI

Thank you @IMAGIRL, i will for sure. Today i'll probably finish it by adding the Spells.

15. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Hey tome of faded souls is great in a stitched BG. It is most certainly not a good standard SL equip but throw it in stitched and you are good.

16. Kampel

And Thunder is for tortuns

fattyy2k likes this.
  17. fattyy2k

Thunder has a unique spot in ap Draks but not much else

Anima26 likes this.
  18. GAIAMASTERakaNANI

For Stitchs, ok, but in the momment for SL in general is no use. Btw you will hardly see anyone making a split bg SL/Stitchs. Thats why in the momment its Tier 4.

The Thunder rune itself, is good. If it had a price like 30 nora it would have more space in alot of SL bg's. Moved to T3.

19. GAIAMASTERakaNANI

Sorry for no updates and info in Spells sections those days. I had a problem with my router, that got solved recently.

I'll keep with the updates this week.

Cya

20. fattyy2k

i actually face a sl/ud stitched the other day... annoying....