Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Hahaha, nice. Hobbogoblin is amazing. I had an Arena run with 2 of them early on, so I went for a build similar to yours. Went 3-3, which was fine considering it was a very fun bg to play. Are you driving this in ranked? How is it going?
    On a different note, any of you guys above rank 5 who can give me tips? I've been having a terrible time climbing up from there. My beautiful win rate has dropped to 50%. I'm not going anywhere, and stuck on rank 6.
    Ive been getting paired with a lot of control warriors playing that OP 3/3 5 mana card who drops another 3/3 whenever he is hit.
    I'm playing Warlock Zoolock there (430 wins yay!).

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

It's terrible, probably works 1 out of 5 times. But it's hilarious. Mukla+Divine Favor is so dumb. I can feel the opponent panic once they see a 3/6 Jeeves. The value is ridiculous.

But yeah, it's terrible.

Anyway, Zoolock is probably the best matchup possible for Patron Warrior, no wonder you keep losing. If you see a lot of those at your rank you should try Handlock or at the very least tech in some Oozes.

3. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Well, todays tavern brawl is terrible, but at least we can make our own decks

4. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Bananas

edit : Flamewalkers and Violet Teachers GOOOOOO

5. Pedeguerra

Yeah, I've made some adjustments, like including a Hellfire when it gets out of control.
    I did not think about putting Oozes there, but I guess I can make room for them.
    Seriously, 1 out of every 3 matches is against Warrior - had no idea they were so popular on the higher ranks. I've been thinking about running my Handlock as well, but it just takes so darn long every match... Think I'll stick to zoo and make the adjustments, thanks for the tips.
    On the Brawl: are we getting any prizes out of this at all? I don't think I will partake on this journey, but yeah - Flamewalkers MVP.

6. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

free pack on the 1st win, that's pretty much it...?
    yup

7. Pedeguerra

Oh yeah, true. Free packs are always nice.
    Humm I might check this Tempo Storm more often. Thanks.

8. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

at least you can complete quests in brawl. which makes me wonder what sort of design space opens up for quests using the brawl mechanics.

well other than 'win 3 brawls' etc..

you could have quests that require you to kill 100 health of legendary champs. might seem a bit excessive for casual or ranked play but if there was a brawl deck that had mostly legendary champs in it... then there could be all kinds of specific kill tasks. hope they play around with it.

btw I have a mage deck that combos spare parts and cheap spells with a lot of spell triggers. I guess its a flamewalker deck but really the adventurer is the star imo. think it could use an Antonidas but otherwise it hums.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Pah! Lack of Dragonhawk is fail.

You also get wins towards 10g per 3 wins, and all that.

And guys: Flamewaker. They rouse the flames from sleep, not take them for walks. :p

EDIT: Either that, or they attend a lot of Irish Wakes for the flames. Either way.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  10. Pedeguerra

Rank 5 yo.
    Win rate slightly above 50%, so from my estimates I shall reach Legend in the weekend.
    Will report back with the results.

SaintKiwi and Ohmin like this.
  11. Ragic

if only they would add an auto play button

12. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Blessing of Wisdom has to be the most underrated card in the game. Speaking of which :

[​IMG]

Standard mid-range stuff, missing big pieces though (like Thirion for starters). Not feeling Acolyte and BoK in there but I have no idea what to replace them with. Maybe an Ooze or more Silence... I dunno.

13. Ragic

I never understood the zombie chow include. stats yeah, but you can ignore him until you want a heal. anyway my muster deck looks closer to this

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...223:2;12228:2;12257:2;12280:2;12305:2;14453:2;

where the lay on hands are flex positions for bgh or other good legs (don't know what you have). a well timed divine favor can get you more draws than wisdom imo. I would only run 1x though. don't underestimate seal of light. its a good include for early board control. also I may be lazy but I cant run paly without 2x equality/consecration. great way to clear the board vs warrior and warlock giants. plus individually they slow down a lot of the face rush out there.

14. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Seal is an interesting include, added bonus of getting a little bit more mileage out of your weapons seems worth it. Speaking of which, no Truesilver is pretty manly though it makes sense in tokens decks (which you def run, I'm not all in on the plan), same thing as 2x Equality. I run 2 in aggro pally but in here I never really need 2 as the 1st one gets stuck in my hand in several matchups.

Chow is early drop vs aggro and nothing else. Never face, always clear board. 2x might be pushing it but there's so many face hunter/zoolock at my rank that it works. Best case scenario I get removal wasted on it (rank ~15 powerplays).

I'll definitely give the Seals a try.

15. Pedeguerra

Dammit busy life with no time to play.
    Climbed down to 6.
    Will give this another shot on next ladder, no way I can reach Legend in two days between work and whatnot.

16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

It's anti-aggro. Basically you play it not to do damage to the enemy Hero but to control the board on turns 1-2, giving you a much better time in prep for your Muster (or whatever turn 3-4 plays you have planned), and it's still decent but not ideal for applying early pressure in a pinch (forcing an answer at some point), and the heal won't generally be an issue since you're focused on the board, or if they let it go too long it'll still be a threat. Obviously, if you're playing aggro yourself it's more or less pointless. Likewise if you're not really facing enough early-game pressure across all games (like if it's all Warrior or something).

Pedeguerra likes this.
  17. Pedeguerra

Great analysis.

18. Ragic

except that it violates my Spartan ethic, "Give them nothing, but take from them everything."

Pedeguerra likes this.
  19. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

WEBSPINNAS

Ohmin likes this.
  20. Pedeguerra

Baller

Ohmin likes this.