Help with AoE Poison bg?

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by vrocket296, Sep 18, 2014.

1. vrocket296

vrocket296 New Member

I wanted to create a bg with the theme of creating AoE poison clouds around a champ (by means of spell, equipment, trap, and ability) and then hitting that champ with Slam/Knockback further into the cloud causing extra dmg by mean of champ movement. I came up with a split FS/SP deck. SP for Ol'Sok, and forced champ movement. FS for Poison and some knockback as well. Here is the bg I've come up with so far:
    http://poxbase.com/deck/CgPc20C6VCplC8PCfOC8UChnCyOs5QS1kS4wS46EkE2nE1j
    Any and all advice is appreciated. Just wondering what I should take out, what I should add/replace, etc. Thanks for the help!

2. splitstax

splitstax Well-Known Member

Your premise of cloud and relocate is decent, but it can be difficult to pull off. The way your build is now, you will get crushed for two reasons: too little regen (Nora, AP, and Health) and only one major mechanic (cloud-relocate). First off, do not double up on champions unless they are essential to the mechanic, which you do not need to do, and look for other mechanics to pull off a win. Try this to start off with.

http://poxbase.com/deck/cgPc20c6Vc8...nc9Yco9cgJs5QS6_S46S82r2Yr2Mr2Zeke2we2ne1ie1j

Notice the combinations between all of the runes. This one includes some more regen and a Paralyze-Paralytic Strike combo. It also includes a lot more debuff, which you needed. Debuffing, in case you do not know, is reducing or blocking your opponents stats and abilities to stall his or her attacks and protect your runes. Use these frequently.

3. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I think you have a good base, and I think some redundancy is good.

You have too many equips and not enough relics, especially a Spirit Altar. Relics are really good for 2 reasons: they're great at contesting fonts, and you can force knockback damage into them for 5 apiece, instead of the 3 from poison cloud.

This is what I'd try out next. See what you like playing, and what you don't like playing, then move things around. Headshrinker's Totem and Boghopper Bull are both things to try out.

4. vrocket296

vrocket296 New Member

Thanks for the advice! I've taken what you said into account, and decided to incorporate the ideas of regen and debuffs, as well as the concept of slamming into relics for extra damage. This is what I have so far. I welcome any and all advice you have. Thanks!

5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

You have a very good base here, but is mixed with some plain bad runes like cultist (too costly) and you need more meta splash to make for the runes you'll find that will be not vulnerable to the main mechanic of the bg.
    I would look for a reliable ranged magic damage unit that you can 2x, and some spot removal, swallow whole looks like a good choice, you could also look after a resilient/tough 3 champion to tank, even overcharged golem.
    To further the combos, you can think about kanen lasher (dragging attack), mystic whirpool, slaver's whip (you can walk champions through clouds)

6. vrocket296

vrocket296 New Member

I edited my bg to focus more towards the movement of opposing units in an AoE poison clouds with not just knockback, but fascinate and hallucinogenic as well so that I can combine those abilities with mystic whirlpool to drag enemies all over the map yet have them stay in a specific area. I also found, that, when playing, the Cyclops Hurlers only got in the way of other champs, and due to their low speed, could only attack about once per turn. Here is what I have so far:

http://poxbase.com/deck/CgPC8PCyYChpCijCw8C8Us5QS1ks4wS1gS46s59R28r2xEkE2n

All advice is appreciated. Thanks.

7. splitstax

splitstax Well-Known Member

Hello, some of the advice you have been getting in here I have to disagree with. GabeQ and Paper Skull are both skilled players. Have them play you, so you can see for yourself that, if you have only one mechanic, relocation-cloud, you will get shut down fairly quickly. Lets talk about Mystic Whirlpool. It is more of a deterrent than relocation. Think about it. Skilled players know what the relic does (maybe you will get a few new players that do not, so it might effect them). But the skilled player is going to walk around the Whirlpool, so it will deter him or her from going that direction, or they will just take out the relic first. So do not use Whirlpool for your mechanic; certainly, not 2 of them. The ability hallucinogenic, which creates a wandering affect, only works if the enemy wanders into a cloud after hitting the unit with hallucinogenic. There are too many links in that chain to work properly except on occasion. The same goes for fascinate. This happens only on your turn. Your opponent will know this, so he or she will stay away (or give up a sacrificable unit) to your fascinating champ. They will protect their main guys, and you will waste your poison cloud on a cheap champ and lose your own on the next turn.

Your mechanic is this: drop a poison cloud and then force your opponent through it to take away their points. The poison cloud needs to be about range 1-4 in front of a unit with a relocation ability for this mechanic to work. So you drop the cloud; then, slam, pull, or possess them through the cloud to maximize damage. You could also drop in a relic to slam into for more damage. Stick to these and get another back up mechanic.

http://poxbase.com/deck/cgPc20c6Vc8PCz6c7_CfOC8Uchns6_S46r2Yeke1Ke2ne1fe1j

8. vrocket296

vrocket296 New Member

Thanks. I've looked through the core that you gave me and back through GabrielQ's and PaperSkull's advice and incorporated what you said into my bg. I kept the Mystic Whirlpools in, however, to use as a relic that I can slam champs into because of its unusually high base amount of health, for a relic, and un-escapability. As for a back up mechanic, I decided on using Unstable Ground combined with Immunity: Physical to maximize the damage for the second mechanic. So, I included a Hurler for the Tectonic Pulse and the Slam. Put some spot removal and a swallow whole in there as well. Here is the bg I've put together thus far:

http://poxbase.com/deck/cgPc20c6Vcplc8PCz6ctBc7_CfOC8Uchns6_S46S2is59r2Yr2MR28rWeke1Ke2ne1fe1j

I would love to listen to any and all feedback. Thanks!

9. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Unstable ground stuff will fit in this bg as well. But you will be my hero if you use Crack the Earth for spot knock back damage. Crack the Earth is good.

10. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Crack the Earth is decidedly not good, but just because a rune isn't good doesn't mean you shouldn't play it. I do like the idea of unstable ground, as a 1-of at most. I would say to run at least 15 creatures, optimally 16-17.

You're too kind.

11. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

If you place a mystic whirpool next to an opponent and then knockback them, they are pushed at the same time they are pulled so they get damage, If for example you go between 2 opponents, deploy a pool and cast "Flood" which knockback 2 spaces away from the center once a turn for several turns, the enemy champs will take 10 damage each turn, plus "Flood" adds to your entire mechanic.

12. Kampel

Neuromancers will work great with this bg too, they have telekinetic thrust for knocbkack and Psichic Magnetism for pulls all in the same champeon.

13. Kampel

I also see boghopper bull to be too expensive just for sweep as the synergetic ability, you could look for champs with "tremor" or "explosive attack" as replacements.

14. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Sweep, battlemaster, and the leap that causes knockback and lethargic.

Kampel likes this.
  15. Kampel

Oh! i overlooked it and only saw the normal leap icon, then it's a good include :p

16. vrocket296

vrocket296 New Member

I agree, that both flood and neuromancer would go well in this bg. Here's the bg I've put together with that in mind:

http://poxbase.com/deck/cgPC20c6VCplc8PctBc7_colCfOc8US4Us6_S46S2is59r2Yr2MR28rWeke1Ke2ne1f

All advice will be much appreciated.

17. Kampel

I would remove one unstable ground, the spirit altar which only affect your FS champs and even the earthshaker(its 40 nora, the same as "Flood") and i would add a couple more champs.
    With all that poison eater and amplification, have you tryed "poison globule"?

18. vrocket296

vrocket296 New Member

If you mean Pulsing Globule, no I haven't tried it. I think it could only be used to heal champions with poison eater, because it has to stay on the same champ for 4 consecutive turns, and it gives the champion Toss. If you mean that I should use it as a full heal, then yes Ill try it out and see if it works well.