How are Kanen?

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by fattyy2k, May 7, 2015.

1. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

i really like the idea of Kanen but are they a competitive theme? what the the key runes and strategies?

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Kanen are hidden OP right now. They're sorta like Moga, just spam cheap deploys and get those free attacks in with Pack Leader. They've got access to Boost 3, alt damage, range, tanks, and DPS. Focus on powerturns with DB/Quick/Savagery, and abuse your numbers advantage. Harass side fonts with Trackers, get Swarm kills with Howler to snowball, and keep a Ferocity in your back pocket for clutch turns. It's alright if you go heavy on champs, since that's where Kanen shine. Only time you'll really play spells is for powerturns. I usually run with about 18 champs when I play Kanen. Once you drop all your boost Bane Shift, you're getting almost 100 nora's worth of "free" stats. Be sure to split SL/SP, don't try to go FF. Both sides have too many useful supporting runes to fully push out one of them.

Oh, and Peak Tactics. Run it, love it.

Netherzen and Leadrz like this.
  3. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

I believe the strategy is to use pack mentality and leader for damage, While uses a banner and the kanen banner for HP boost.
    One of the kanen has improve range, that + garin and most champs is pretty neat.

The stealthed (kanenn tracker?) has 2-4 range or something people usually equip forbidden fruit on that while stealthed if they need it.

4. fattyy2k

Can I see a BG example?

5. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

There's nothing hidden about it.

6. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

This is my highlander bg:
    https://poxbase.com/deck/cttcymcybc...hDci0cuLs7Usas6_s63s6Ys59s5wrPr2fr2We1Ke1Oe2h

The x2 kanen you can put that will be very viable, are:
    Animus: 8spd champ with good dmg.
    Howler: cheap meat, that have swarm, and make your kanens cost even less.
    Lasher: ranged + DoT + Relocation.
    Pillager: alt dmg + siege + pillage + 7spd.
    Scavenger: good for his cost.
    Tracker: ranged + detection + 8spd ranged.
    Whirlwind: great dmg output if stays alive + MA.
    Spark: amazing crone, with alt dmg, pseudo detection, curse and surge kanen.
    Ritual Cultist: main support rune, can heal a lot when things are killed.

Tip: Earthshaker Braclet in Slipped, and Rage Band in Bloodhowler ;)
    Try oit wich kanen you like more to put x2 ;) I use highladers due to me liking this kind of bg :D

7. fattyy2k

I assume kanen are competitive then?

8. Ifem21

Yeah, they are.. Maybe not at the highest rank, but is manageble to get into 100~500 with them ;)

9. fattyy2k

Cool they look a lot of fun and I just love the idea of dog-men. I think the tracker is my fav both with are and sprite

10. Ifem21

My favorite, is of course, the Allmighty Bloodhowler :D

11. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Bump. Can more people say what they like about kanen and some tips/ strats? Im making one and would love some input.

12. Ifem21

This is what I use:
    https://poxbase.com/deck/cttcymcybc...LchDci0cuLs7Us6_S63s6Ys59s82s5wr2frOe1Ke1Oe2h
    One of my strongest bgs (don't mind the only one of each, I like highlanders bg).
    Tips:
    -Alphas in frontline, always surrounded by the lesser ones, for the free attack;
    -The ranged ones are very powerfull (specially Spark with Surge and Kiergana);
    -Havoc's Touch (beware with backlash) and Zeleatory to buff your Alphas/Ranged Beaters (Bloodhowler is a great candidate for both);
    -Earthshake Braclet is amazing in Slipped, he will be annoy has hell to kill;
    -Rage Band is great, and provides amazing buffs to SPD and DMG, since fury will proc all the time;
    -The 2 relics are GREAT, +2DMG +1DFS +10HP Global to all your kanen (except Kiergana) is simply amazing;
    -Don't be fooled, SL to proc on Kiergana is not better, Annex helps a lot against AoE;
    -Pack Savagery + Peaks Tactics = BRUTAL POWERTURN.
    -Always deploy champ if have the option to do so, is better then spells in most cases, for thsi themes;
    They are very effective, and a very nice theme. They are strong, but not OP, and can get you to high ranks if played well ;)

Gnomes likes this.
  13. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Thank you for the input.

Is spark really good though? i feel like he would be great if he did not have acolyte for the 10 nora but as is he seems to expensive for the cost.
    Is havocs touch also worth it? i have just power turn abilities in my bg because i feel like its better to just have more champs out then making one strong one and potentially getting it one rounded.
    Same with earthshakers bracelet, it feels like 40 nora that can be then shattered or just use another attack type and then you put your slipped in a dangerous location thinking he would be safe.
    but i agree with rageband and the relics. thats what i feel like i should be utilizing the superior champ efficiency because of the boost/relics instead of spells to make one champ really strong.
    what do you mean with dont be fooled, SL to proc?
    also thanks for the pack savagery + tactics idea thats good although its 70 nora instead of the 65/ 60 from benne/quickening .

14. futant

futant Well-Known Member

What I like:

- Slipped can be built with back mentality, and has unleash. Making it the best pack leader assist there is.
    - Pillager has been nerfed on its efficiency, but it can still grab a bloodthirsty blade from one of your guys.
    - Dark runners are pretty decent at fitting in at a pack leader attack with pounce. Not to mention they can cloak them pack leaders.
    - Scavengers for there hp are a good deal.
    - Ritual Cultists have two choices of bombs. I'd go for magic bomb to give you some way to combat high defense.

As for spark crones they are good for finding stealthed units. There range is suck, but there damage is good because of jolt. I like the fact you can use them to assist pack leaders.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    Gnomes likes this.
  15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

He means take the SP warbanner. I'd go with the SL warbanner since that would benefit Kiergana. You can still pick the SP shrine for the superior font bonus.

Gnomes likes this.
  16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I would go with something like this: https://poxbase.com/deck/cttcymcybc...YciLchDcuLs1ks5hS63s6Ys73s7usYs8_s59r2qR2fe26

Keep summoning champs until you don't have them or the fight is too far away for them to be useful. Then switch over to powerturn spells. Reforge for anti-equip and purge for cleansing/dispelling. Play this for a while and if you find you don't like some of the pack mentality kanen, swap them out for ones you like that would fit you x2. Hive is a great perseverance counter.

Gnomes likes this.
  17. Ifem21

Spark are good, yes, Accolyte is a sandbag on her, but her dmg becomes really high since Kanen have lots of cheap spam (mongrels everywhere). Yeah, you could switch soem spells or Equips, this bg I made a long time just fit MY playstyle, you can change everything to make it in your own way ;)
    Havoc's Touch in Bloodhowlers, together with Zeleatory and Rage Band, make him an amazing champ that will generate too much nora for the attack, and even if backlashed, he will heal due to Lifedrinker.
    Braclet can be easy countered, yes, but Slipped will be focus anyway, since they are one of the biggest threats Kanen have, giving him immunity to the most common type, will make your opponent spend Nora or more AP for killing him.
    The @darklord48 have an nice bg too, some variants ;) But one question man, why 2 Idols? They don't stack, fell that having 2 is just wasting a slot.

Gnomes likes this.
  18. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

sorry maybe i dont understand but why does the sl warbanner benefit kiergana? compared to the spell resistence of sp.

also isent magnitize / cleansing emerald better for dequip and cleanse because they can both affect more than one and are cheaper. also cleansing emerald cleanses every turn. hive might be a good add though, thanks for the tip.

also i like the idea of zealotry rageband havocs touch on him because he does have 75 base hp with banners and boost out, but that does make him 180 ish nora and one doom / pigmies can ruin your day

19. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Kiergana is SL/FW, so she only gets HP from the SL warbanner. You can still pick the SP shrine for the magic resist.

I meant to have one idol and one cleansing emerald.

Purge dispels, so it can shutdown superchamps, as well as remove invulnerablity from perseverance.

I like reforge because I rarely need to destroy multiple equipment at the same time, and it is cheaper. The equipment granted can also prevent the champ from being equipped again.

Gnomes likes this.
  20. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Thank you for clearing up your choices! Very good input.
    Im only sad now because i again have to see what i can fit in my bg :) somany choices. Aaahhhh

Ifem21 likes this.