How to deal with Nohkan Do?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by LordRahan, May 9, 2014.

1. LordRahan

LordRahan Devotee of the Blood Owl

I just faced a BG with all (or most) of the champs with Nokhan Do. It really pissed me off. Can someone help me how to deal with such kinda BG?

2. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

That stuff is getting nerfed i think, but you can toss a soul reave spell in your bg. That may help.

3. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

Soul reave, multi attack, or spells all work to some extent.

4. LordRahan

Ohk, will try soulreave. Thanks!

5. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Cones and bombs obviously, since it bypass Blcok/Dodge. Soulreave doesnt really do anything. Attacks still have to hit and Soulreave does not allow you to bypass block/dodge.

LordRahan likes this.
  6. DrNiles

DrNiles Member

Crossbones!

7. BansheeX

The problem is that running them outside a full skeleton bg is not viable.

8. LordRahan

Cones are a good option but you have to make sure you one round the opponent. In my lich bg, I have only draco and serkan who has this kind of ability. Is there any other option for lich?

One more thing I noticed last night. Serkan and Draco both were blinded still they both could do their cones on Nohkan Do champs!

9. BansheeX

Cones and bombs Can hit when you are blind. Its wai

10. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

Wait for the revamp, thats how I am going to do deal with it.

11. BansheeX

How could anyone do without that sort of useless wise-ass kind of "help"

If you cant be helpful, at least don't bother with a reply.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
    LordRahan likes this.
  12. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Try dark rising sac altar. Works against all sorts of hard champs but is very expensive.

13. BansheeX

True, but agaisnt ST you most of the time also has do a little of the damage yourself since they have such a high hp tresshold.

14. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

I was just joking, not trying to be a wise_***. I hate dealing with Nokhan Do also. Besides, radius damage had already been covered by you. I am sorry if I offended anyone as that was not my intention.

15. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

A tactic that can be used is trying to negate the counterattack by some mean, for example, letting a oblivion shield unit taking the hit, or a pawn unit redirecting the damage to a lesser target, using it to force void shield resistance buildup is good too. There are a lot of examples with this kind of abilities, elusive, horrific aura etc. are all valid options.
    It's important to try and one round NKD champions because they are at their best in prolonged skirmishes and healing is way better in them than in others.

16. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

another option is to play cheaper/more efficient units in your bg in order to prock the block/dodge so that your heavy hitters can get through.

17. LordRahan

Thanks everyone! I will try to see which of these options I can put into action.

18. LordRahan

I use this combo in my DB deck. Not sure if I should include in every FW bg like lich.

19. Nyanta

Nyanta I need me some PIE!

Out of all the fw decks skeletons have the best chance against Nohkan do champions due to all the ways you can manage the counters and you can even turn it against them in some cases. you can use the champions created from spells, summons, relics, and abilitys like bone fracture to burn block or bonewings and crossbones to burn dodge. you can even use deflect on bone elemental to hit them instead or let them hit bone fracture champs to swarm them.

20. LordRahan

That sounds good. Skellies have most of these tricks requireed to deal with Nohkan Do. I will try to build one and see.