I am going to Flordia, any tips?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Flyingfinn, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

I am off to Florida (orlando) on April for a couple weeks with some mates. Any tips on what to do, where to eat and what not. Thanks!

2. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

Depends on what you like to do. You can pull the tourist and visit Orlando and go to all the theme parks. Disney takes a couple days to fully experience will all their parks. Universal and Islands of Adventure have great superhero themes. If you are more into the clubbing scene, West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, and Miami are the best places with the best beaches. As for food, it really depends on what you like. There are different pockets in Miami such as Little Havana which hand out good Cuban bread with your purchase (Good Milansena too). Food varies on how much you want to spend. For fast food, personally my favorite is Checkers because I think they have the best fries.

-Florida resident for 15+ years.

Geressen likes this.
  3. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

dont drop the soap xD

4. Flyingfinn

Wow thanks for quick and insightful reply. I like all kinds of food, as long as it tastes good (if that makes sense?). We will be dropping by at Universal and also the Star wars convention. Other than that it will be beaches, good food, clubbing.
    Can you drink alcohol in the public? As is walking the streets with a can of beer.

5. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

America is known for fast food, it was built on the backs of immigrants all over the world. You can get any style almost anywhere. When it comes to alcohol, some places it's illegal to walk around with a beer but other places are okay with it. It would really depend on what county (You will be in the Orange/Osceola area) you are in or if you are at a festival. If it is a holiday (4th of July/ St Patty's) the cops generally turn a blind eye since there are drunks everywhere and it would be futile to pick and choose who to harass. Remember to tip the waiters and bartenders usually 5%-15% depending on the place and your bill.

6. Flyingfinn

Thanks for the tips!

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Watch out for crocodiles?

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

they do not have those in the US, alligators are way different.

but watch out for them anyway because if you see one it most likely escaped from somewhere.

9. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

For a quieter beach experience, visit the beaches on the Florida Keys.

Flyingfinn likes this.
  10. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

downtown Orlando has some sick night clubs. The free ones are cool, The Beacham is a Spanish bar I went to and it was lit as Firk has a cover though. I ate some lunch at the ferg bar and grill. You can get a beer and whiskey shot there for 5 dollars. They sell burgers with fried eggs on them, what is not to like? There where a bunch of car shows going on when I was driving through, some bad ass sound systems.

So many homeless/beggers. It will make you uncomfortable.
    upload_2017-2-4_13-21-24.png
    Crutch street around the central business district, east of I-4 is the down town stripe I am talking about.

11. Flyingfinn

Thanks for this informative map! :D