Ipox BG.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bagoftrick, May 16, 2015.

1. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Level is not a good indicator. I offered a FQ to alleyvegas, which he explicitly denied.

Let me add that while I can agree that one may dislike my decks,
    I feel that the new rhetoric of accusing me of driving new players is inappropriate.

JellyBerry, SPiEkY, IMAGIRL and 7 others like this.
  2. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

so you offered a friendly quit to a lvl 99. but not to a lvl 60.because lvls are misleading. because your still missing tht individual. which is interesting since you clearly just checked your match history but failed to mention them.

3. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

How the Firk does he prevent you from spending your nora? Whit what does he conceal?

SPiEkY likes this.
  4. bagoftrick

he doesn't prevent it in one sense. but he prevents the drawing of runes. so he limits how much you can spend to how much you've drawn. so if you only have 3 runes and 1000 nora gd luck spending it.

5. WhatTheHex

Yeah but HOW with what rune? It's not possible with KF and SL

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

SL arcane maelstrom

7. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

My general policy is that I offer a FQ to anyone I have played before the same day and to players far below my own rank.
    The only player far below my rank today was alleyvegas, and I did offer him a FQ.

The general level of hostility is disturbing. Just to let me repeat my point: I do try to avoid playing against players far below my rank. But even if I did not, the general rhetoric of accusing me of driving away new players is inappropriate.

WhatTheHex: I do not limit anyone's rune reveals.
    Burn: I do use Arcane Maelstrom -- but only as a little Darkness Engine. It only conceals my own runes.

JellyBerry, SPiEkY, BurnPyro and 5 others like this.
  8. WhatTheHex

Then bagoftrick is lying?

9. bagoftrick

no as bp just told you, he runs arcnae maelstrom. you darw he casts, you lsoe those runes. essentially stopping your draws.

10. WhatTheHex

Do you just make so much nora that even when he deploys everything he's still ****ed?

11. WhatTheHex

Wait wut

12. WhatTheHex

9 undeployed runes in your runedock are concealed. Target champion takes Electricity damage equal to the total number of concealed runes in your runedock

How is this text wrong?

13. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Arcane Maelstrom only conceals my own Runes. I use it as a little Darkness Engine to reset cooldowns if Hurry and Recall fail me.

14. WhatTheHex

How do you prevent the enemy from spending his nora? Or do you not?

15. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

I do not.

16. bagoftrick

thts weird then because I stopped drawing cards. at some point during our game because when you played overload I only had 5 runes. and I didnt draw anymore. so either your playing something that causes this. or there is a bug.

17. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

It is either a bug which I am not aware of, or maybe you actually deployed everything you had revealed at that time.

18. WhatTheHex

I bet all your runes were just in play.

19. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

A couple of thoughts and opinions, take them or leave them at your leisure:

1. I don't think new players do or particularly should care about FQs They aren't really losing anything by playing a game out other than time (indeed, it might give them some experience and an idea of what's possible, even with an iPox game; which would be beneficial for them).

2. I am somewhat biased since my playstyle for most card-games is to play Combo oriented decks (where available, though never exclusively), but I've always found it quite interesting to play against Combo decks myself. Figuring out what they are trying to do, and then figuring out how to stop them with what I have available has always been fun to me. I grant that may not be fun for everyone, but I think it's rarely a horrible experience that drives people away single-handedly.

3. "Not getting his spells" means you managed to rush him fast enough. It's not like he wouldn't eventually get his spells otherwise. Even if it seems like "he lost, I didn't win" that's taking away from how the game actually played out. Sometimes it really is just a race to see who wins first... and that's okay. Not every match needs to be a slug-fest over board control. It's no good if they are ALL like that of course, but the point is, Variety is a good thing.

Ifem21, JellyBerry, SPiEkY and 4 others like this.
  20. stayflyazn

stayflyazn Devotee of the Blood Owl

Funny thing I just realized. I think bagoftricks is playing a poison bg. So even if he has a bunch of stuff out, he can't shrine rush very well.

Anyways, what makes you think new players would be scared off by playing against iPox and anyone who copies? If anything, getting stomped by someone who runs a bg that contains mostly high rarity and expensive runes would put off new players just as hard, if not more.