IS/SL Beasts

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Sirius, Dec 10, 2022.

1. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

upload_2022-12-11_6-57-19.png

Thought I'd share, mostly for kicks. This bg is IMO pretty close to the top of what this particular split and theme can be. I am looking for suggestions but honestly most things in this bg earned their spot. Mostly I would like some small way to make Demolisher a bit more of a superchamp but Mark of Redemption never seems to work for me. So anyway:

• Basilisk Templar: I don't play any BGs without either this or Swampguard Crusher. I would sooner stop playing this specific bg, or the game entirely. The closest other candidate is maybe Sheoul Monstrosity. The Templar is my favorite champion in the game. I run it with Crushing Charge and Resistance Magical, but I could totally see Regen 3 working.

• Amber Wing: Magical Aura and Shroud. It is there for Shroud and it's own sigil. I keep wanting to add another, it's hard to though for various reasons
    • Emerald Wing: Well what can I say, I had to cut Platinum Wing yet this one still holds its spot.
    • Ivory Wing: Soften and Heal Champion 2. Gonna try Heal Champion 3. This is not enough healing, but it's halfway there
    • Obsidian Wing: Binding Chains and Tough 1. Awesome unit, good indirect damage source, great CC and engager, just awesome. One of my favorite units in the entire game, below Templar and Swampguard Crusher
    • Prismatic Wing: Arctic Bolt and Drudgery. Drudgery is awesome. Lets me set up my position and have it be better than my opponents before or after a powerturn. Awesome indirect and alt damage.
    • Onyx Wing: Barrage and Camaraderie. Can singlehandedly win some games, especially against swarms. It's even good against Vothsairs/Arrow Eaters because they'll have stuff around them like relics or other champs and then I hit the arrow eaters indirectly with Psychic Blast. And if not, I slap a Flamethrower Engine on it and let it be cost reduction for everything else.

• Guardian of Eretat, Houndmaster, Sarnghavian Herder are my beast support. Guardian Treasure stacks with Commander which is better than doubling up on Commander. I run the guardian with Tough 2 and Ruin. I tend to play in a more spread out/mobile way than some other people so Relic Guardian would be more restrictive than helpful for me.

• Snogvie. I hated the idea of adding him because he's so expensive, now I hate the idea of removing him. Just badass. In this BG I run him with Fascinate, in my KF/SL split I run with Distracting Blows.
    • Doomie: Punish and Doom. After suferring through the annoyance of Barbarian superchamps I kind felt like I had to add him just to continue to enjoy the game.

• Valdaci Sweeper: Game winner right there. Pure badass material. I had a game where I got him in opponent's side font distracting two ranged champs at once, before I left a cheap relic there and ran to the main contested font to Shatter a Bloodthirsty Blade on an opposing Snogvie before Draconic Benediction for the kill. I had another game where I used Leap behind opposing Dwarven Engineer and used Sweep to push him into the whole group of Constructs so I could triple blast him with my Onyx Wing. Valdaci Sweeper isn't why I wake up in the morning, but it's why I don't go back to sleep.
    • Demolisher: Unleash+ Break The Line. I eventually compromised on the idea of 2x Basilisk Templar in order to run 1 Demolisher. I don't know if it's better than Fist Of Bastion or some ranged champ in terms of raw performance but holy hell this might be the most fun I've ever had in Poxnora!
    • Rolling Shrieker: Regen and Sonic Roar. I needed a bit more of something that could sit in a font and not die, or be a roadblock. Skithmaw Hunter is more utility/mobility, Tardigrade is more tanking, this is just right though, and more damage.

• Kingmaker: Nora Link+ Relocate: Ally. This is my concession to meta. Lets me semi-superchamp with his Gift, counters double Marsh Song, Sacrifice, Unholy Tomb, Soulsift, Nora Shields, Thorn Collection, all of which are abundant enough. When he isn't busy doing that he relocates my Onyx Wing for big damage or Templar for Petrifying Gaze.
    • Legion Standard: Fantastic source of Fearless and Iron Will, and if I slap one on a Snogvie or Demolisher they're very hard to kill
    • Morin's Corner: Used to be Desperate Heal, I like Morin's better. Round out Ivory Wing because sometimes I want spot heal.
    • Gravity Flux: I had my doubts but it's here to stay. Amazing spell, honestly. Lets me set up a lot of things especially when the opponent is busy calculating just barely maximum reaches, preserving their 4 AP like the good boys they are etc.
    • Plannar Dissonance: Let me kill Serkans who get cheeky with the forward teleports and side font runners. As well as being good lockdown for Boghoppers and Elven Strategists.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022