Jellebrium:Coralwood Lagoon Inn.

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Leadrz, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

||Special Offer!|| Buy one get one free on Jellebrium's fortune telling service.

Greetings, Races of the swamp.

I would like this thread to discuss Jellebriums and may update it with bg designs and a guide, expect edits and if you ask me i will make a post tagging anyone who wants to keep up to date with Jellebrium.

Also any noteworthy bg's or bg's given a few likes will be added to the bg design lists if they have an explanation of them.

I'd like to make this thread grow into a Jellebrium discussion space and i will reserve multiple spots for different discussion aspects as they come up.

(I have been using Jellebriun in ranked, Though i play ranked 1-2 times per day, i'm yet to lose while playing Jellies.)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    Lushiris, SaintKiwi and Anima26 like this.
  2. Leadrz

Jellebrium Playstyles.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  3. Leadrz

[​IMG]
    https://poxbase.com/deck/ChmCd@cq-c21c3KcqWCdgCdhczbCdkCdjs6=s6Tsqsds6-s1gsms7qr3grWe2zE1X
    Coral: Jellebrium mind on one, Improve damage on the other. Considering transfer life.
    Extispicer: Jellebrium mind, resist psychic rank 1.
    Pinger: Swap 3
    Mindbreaker: assassinate 3, Stealth
    Jellyfish: Sting 2, poison immune.
    Gekaal: Leap2, Gift of scrying.
    Darkweaver: Shroud, Telekinetic thrust
    Lightbringer: One with burn and multi, One with Call to arms and multi.
    Mediator: Distract, Shattered Dream. (But considering Detection
    Mindbender: One Commander, One catalyst. Both aura 3
    Skycaller: Jolt 1, Resist Physical.
    I like to use jellebrium as lategame, Stalling until i start to get Teleport and Healing.
    Drown is a last resort.
    Mindbenders'have become one hell of a tank i often use the commander to teleport in for aura kills, while the catalyst gets bubble of protection, chillshard and tanks.
    I have a mini psychic theme in it with no amp, Assassinate to deal with annoying enemy champions.

Backfire boon for the obvious survival, Tomb of arcanis for anti tank, and well teleport boost.

I absolutely love to play around cooldown that's why the jellyfish are in there to get out early and replicate as fast as possible to rack of cooldown on deploy, sands of time for the kill

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    SaintKiwi likes this.
  4. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I played a bit with the version you presented and made the following chnges.

-1 Forglar Jellyfish +1 Firk Mindshredder. The Jellyfish's acquatic just kills it for me, so I decided to get a 2nd copy of the always awesome mindshredder.
    -1 Backfire Boon +1 Backfire. Personal preference. With a 6 turn duration, I find that backfire ends up being a lower risk in case they don't cast a spell.
    -1 Gloomwater + 1 Pygmy Hippo Stampede. I don't think you have enough damaging spells and PHS is the premiere damage spell in FS.
    -1 Chillshard + 1 Reverberating Blast. Crowd control is handy.
    -1 Tome of Arcanis + 1 Poison Trap. The control potential here is just too high in the form of the poison trap.

I also changed the path 1 upgrade of the Mediator to Distract. It is more consistent and adds to the overall control suite the Mediator offers.

I would also like to fit an emergency kit into the list somehow, but I am not sure what I could reasonably drop.

5. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

SaintKiwi and Leadrz like this.
  6. Leadrz

Thank you, I had been winning with jellies lately and wanted to share the love and actual bg discussion.

And I'm sick of helping 1 guy on 1 thread an then 50 others with same problem in other threads.

Anima26 likes this.
  7. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

One of main reasons i made the Boghopper thread too, hopefully these threads catch on, certainly helpful for newer players.

8. Leadrz

After your games with them, How would you describe a typical match, What is your aim, playstyle, or just thoughts on Jelles?

9. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

Me and Jellies, just several thoughts:

* Chillshard becomes a kind of Jellebrium racial equipment, Big Pink could really be passive, with freeze and Soultap from psychic Anguish spread from Aura and Catalyst
    * I've recently swapped Evasive for Energy Thief on Darkweavers, to harass ranged champs - Energy Thief in certain cases could also enable good Psychic Condubumbum, although I haven't tested it.
    * Voidmage fills the 4-6 spot with Spatial Dystopompulopopia spreading dots
    * With Electric Jelly and Fire Jelly losing Psychic attacks, there is no need for Psychic Attacks, although if Jellebrium are supposed to be "elemental-based", then I'll calmly wait for some 4-6 range Jelly with Chill, and tanky Big Pink cousin with Defiling Aura(Dreaming of Jellies getting Deafening Aura). Magic Jelly? There is no Magic Jelly. You read it, Sok. I know, you read it.
    * Jellies are in funny spot with 2 commander units, yet I cannot force myself to take commander on neither of one. I could think of Coral Creeper getting away with commander, but Big Pink with commander on his essential tree is just insane.
    * Firk Mindshredder remains the premier non-Jelly champ featuring Jelly BGs.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Why don't more people run Reckless Command in Jellies? Seems like there's an ok chance to get real damage out of it. Obviously you need a little notepad to keep track of your damage potential, but it could still help.

Leadrz likes this.
  11. Leadrz

i prefer the aoe wandering to set up my turns and stall for a round. works well with my assassinate + aura /catalyst allows me to bog up the enemy troops to set up a powerturn or just stall.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think the runes fulfill different roles.

13. Leadrz

they do, but that's what i would swap out for a rev blast.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

For Reckless Command, you mean?

15. Leadrz

welp im a fool.
    no yes.

sorry i read your post wrong, its been a long time since i looked at that rune.

ha - my bad. made a fool of myself aye.

i would run it, but you can't easily tell how many runes are on cooldown for the opponent at best you could get a minimum of spells + champs or relics killed.
    i find jellebrium need more help early game compared to late game that's probably only reason i don't use the spell and i'd probably swap out chillshard for it tbh

16. Lcortizo

Lcortizo New Member

i need a sugestion to make a jellirium deck

17. Leadrz

in the section with spoilers is a bg, with my notes and stuff attached

18. Leadrz

[​IMG]
    so yeah, just click them open and it will tell you plenty of stuff :D

Anima26 and Joodi like this.
  19. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

Hello.
    I wanted to try out Jellies, whipped this up: https://poxbase.com/deck/chmclpChWCq-clLcqWCdgCd@cdhczbCdkcdjs1s6Tsxs1gs7qs5Bs54r3grNrWe2zEZ
    I felt there is a lack of survivability, tried to fix it with more damage: 1 Mastermind with Battlemaster, second one with give:aura, Coral Creeper with Commander. I also wanted a big tanky centerpiece - opted for Behemoth, who has a small thing going on with soultap heal, he has not been preforming fantastic for the cost , then I realized I have a good amount of psychic , so why not amp that Bane Shift - in with the Firk masks. Hungry Mire for some extra stalling and Darkweaver's knockback.

My thoughts on the whole thing: Jellies seem alright damage wise when buffed up. Chillshard on Mindbender is also fantastic, although he seems to lack the tankiness to do his thing.
    I have been losing alot with this, I believe it's because I'm returning from around half a year break, but maybe there is something fundamentally wrong with the bg or my playstyle, so I want to hear any thoughts on Jellies and my bg.
    Are Jellies viable at all? At least as a psychic module?
    Big thanks for replies.

20. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Well, the way you've built them isn't really bad, although you wouldn't make the best use of Jellebrium mind(if you kill many enemies it doesn't matter though).

But yea, a full Jelly BG requires a LOT of positioning skill, and a such BG isn't very psychic friendly, not to mention the overall damage output damage is low and they're very squishy.

About your BG, I'd take out Masterminds and Gekaal, you could try putting Firk Executor as he would boost your psychic damage(although it would make this slow BG even slower). In a nutshell, it's a psychic BG with a few Jellies. Try using the Psychic spells (Psychic Blast, Psionic Impact(it's tough to use but amazing when well-timed)), basically the psychic shenanigans.

Hope I helped at least a bit, feel free to ask anything else.