Leak

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Dec 12, 2016.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I don't think every faction needs everything, but you can give factions essential things like cleanse in a way that is suited for them sl's cleansing flame for example is a pretty decent thematic way to cleanse.

if you wanted dispel in ST you could do something like an ability called banishing frost - target champion takes 12 frost damage and is crystalized, if he was frozen he is dispelled first.

the off factions could and should need to jump through more hoops to get the same effect

Lushiris likes this.
  2. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

I also dont think every fac should have everything, ,, but theres some essentials we should all have..
    even lore wise...shamans use totem/relics(not spells) to call upon spirits and such for assistance. ..
    if anyone got shammys,, its SP.

3. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

It would be nice to have some Shaman related Cleanse like ability like a Ritual or something (not summon related).
    Or Electricity related( especially for Sp) like purging flames.
    Losing the Emerald will be a huge hit for ff Sp:not able to sacrifice or retribution his own champ, no cleansing equip on spot,no auras.

bambino likes this.
  4. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

I think alot of the problems come from the fact that theres really no penalty in playing a split deck. and there should.
    split bgs should be part of pox,, but I dont think the game should encourage it when making runes (or at least tone it down).Because access to more then one facs runes is an advantage.
    in mtgo u choose how much mana (nora) u want in your deck, just like any other rune.
    now each fac has a color so if u play white, u need white nora*, so if u play 2 colors then u need to split your nora.
    this could be tricky, u may have drawn a bunch of blue champs but only have white nora at the time,, so u cant play a card while your opponent is laying it down.
    my point is, in this example u can see an obvious drawback for playing/access to 2 facs as opposed to 1 FF.
    theres nothing like this in pox. (banner?pleeze,, and people still use it too.)
    so again , runes should always be made with there faction in mind,,, split decks should be challenging to play,, reserved for better/clever players who will find a way to make it work, they always do.

5. calisk

a fun sp cleanse rune that would be very fitting for moga.

dinner for one : sacrifice target friendly unit, the nearest adjacent ally is cleansed and healed equal to the amount of hp on the sacrficed unit

6. limone1981

it could be fun...but I will personally prefer something more Sp related such as a rework of some unused spell with some random cleansing effect: next turn if effect x happened champions y and z will get cleansed and lose 5 hp.
    you know oure sp randomness

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Target champion with at least 2 negative conditions starting with a Vowel is Cleansed :D

Etherielin, Tweek516, bambino and 2 others like this.
  8. limone1981

lololol

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Ancient Slag, Oozing Slag, Oozeking Slag, I'm ok with this.

10. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I would say that is pretty accurate. But there are certain runes which are a bit too 'meta' (war banners were the obvious example, but there are others).

11. calisk

Vowels in the names of the conditions so electrified and oozed

12. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Oops.

13. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Actually we do have that stuff...
    Devour, Suicidal Attack, etc. Devour's pretty nice actually, I expect to see more of it after this patch.

14. calisk

Those were the runes I was drawing off when I suggested that rune

SireofSuns likes this.
  15. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Not sure if this is helpful, but as I understand each clan's theme

UD: Destructive units
    ST : Beefy units
    FS : Versatile Units
    IS: Heavily Supported Units
    SP: Conditional Units
    FW: Undying/Reanimating Units and Counters
    SL: Regenerating Units and Micro Based units
    KF: Fast Units

16. calisk

Weird if that's how people see them it's very different then how they started.

St was glass cannon frost/terrain
    FS was water/nora Gen
    UD was melee/power
    KF was range/speed
    SP was disposable swarm/chaos
    SL was Beefy tanks/ dragons
    Is was phalanx/ dwarves
    And fw was attrition/recurrence

17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I don't know, most of it seems largely similar to me. ST has been beefy since the faction bonuses got added - you had stuff like Arctic Turtle early on :D There was a ranged frost thing going on too, but the melee were pretty much all about beef.

UD = Destructive vs Power is basically the same
    FW is basically the same
    SL is still tanky, I don't think "regenerating/micro based" units is really correct here
    IS has changed cause phalanx isn't as much of a thing anymore, but the structure of "we support each other" is still there
    KF = Fast and Ranged still applies for the most part

Gnomes likes this.
  18. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

The Dispel and Cleanse changes are awesome, good job.

19. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

FS is pygmy hippo stampede and snowball these days.