Let's Build An Expansion Together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I AM EXCITED ABOUT THIS! :D

I have started adding to this doc:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18pha9jdqXfrvMmsNWNpAjhq8YWMwR_E-MfyB6s1ei0Y/edit?usp=sharing

Note: document is no longer accessible since we now have to add private information to the document

Note: Nora costs are estimates and some runes WILL be cut, this is just collecting phase.

~

So, there's been interest for more player created content, as well as discussions about creating expansions without using new content.

Rather than try and do it in a vacuum, I'd like to just try it out.

There's no guarantee that this expansion will be implemented, but if it looks promising... why not? (But note that even in such a case it'd take some time to get it out, as I'd have to get art for it first and it'd follow some future expansion.)

~

I will contribute my own designs as needed, but I think I'll use this opportunity to try and go player-centric as much as possible.

I will also be looking at the Rune Suggestions page and picking some stuff out, and also probably starting a Google Doc to keep track of stuff and where people can make comments on it down the line.

In the meantime, post some ideas you have for runes.

~

Rules:
    • Must be a champion OR a relic OR an equipment (if it ONLY uses existing abilities and mechanics)
    • Must not be more than 2 factions
    • No new races
    • No new abilities

Other Notes:
    • Name not required
    • Faction not required
    • Cost not required (though if you have some idea of what you want it to fall in around, do speak up!)
    • Art description not required
    • Flavor text not required
    • Full kit not required
    • You may use ABILITIES that are present only on Spells, Equipment or Relics
    Prizes/Awards:
    • For players whose ideas are picked and those who contribute positively to this, there'll be some prizes/awards
    • At minimum, you will get for free the runes you created, but there may be other stuff
    • TO BE DETERMINED

Basically, if you have an idea for a combination of abilities that would be cool, that works. If you have an idea but don't know what race/faction it'd, that's fine!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    TeaNinja, Ssharsted, ghklf and 17 others like this.
  2. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]
    © photo by maiwand85 (http://www.deviantart.com/art/Barbarian-Girl-413339255)

Sarghavian Vanguard

Lore: "The Vanguard are sent out first to ensure the shamans can move freely around the battlefield....of course the corpses they leave aren't exactly easy to walk over either" - Sheena, Princess of Sarghaver

Race: Barbarian
    Class: Rogue

Cost: 70ish
    Dam: 12 | Spd: 6 | Rng: 1 | Def: 1 | HP: 44

Abilities:
    Attack : Physical
    Initiator
    Axe throw
    Vulnerable

U1:
    Quest: Runner
    Cull
    Conqueror

U2:
    Reinforcement 2
    Phantom Dash
    Leap 3

- This barbarian would be a semi-frail shock trooper...able to choose options to infiltrate quickly and deal lots of damage

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    TeaNinja, Pattn199 and DarkJello like this.
  3. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

Myx Parasitoid (SL)

Myx, Arthropod
    Ranger
    Small

8 Dmg
    6 Spd
    5-6 Rng
    0 Def
    45 Hp

Base Abilities:
    • Attack: Acid
    • Paralytic Venom: Champions damaged by this champion's basic attack become paralyzed for 1 turn
    • Incubate Larvae: This champion makes an attack against target stunned or paralyzed target. If successful, the attack deals 0 damage, and the champion gains the "parasitoid incubation" condition (uncleansable) AP: 4 CD: 4 (Parasitoid incubation: After 3 turns, this champion takes 20 acid damage. If the champion is killed by this damage, a young myx drone is spawned in the space the champion occupied.)

U1: Precision, Sunder 1, Poison 1
    U2: Domain: Sand, Amplify Acid, Brood Bond

The idea behind this champion is to create a ranged champ with a unique playstyle, while making it splashable in numerous themes via upgrades (Myx, Acid, Sand, AntiDef). Its signature abilities, while powerful, allow the opponent to react to the incubated larva by moving the champ back to protect / heal it. Paralytic venom gives it interesting utility for dealing with sentinel/NKD champs (when paired with precision), and potentially opens up the possibility for paralytic strike splits.

I'm unsure what the cost would be but I was thinking mid-upper 70's

Edit: Missed no new abilities. Kinda kills the design lol. Oh well nvm.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Forsaken Wastes gets a form of Favor through a unit with Short Lived. Probably not another 30 nora unit, so maybe mid-40s in cost. Short Lived support unit just sounds neat.

TeaNinja, Joker and IronStylus like this.
  5. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

This champion was my attempt at representing my playstyle as accurately as I could, in Poxnora context. My avatar/signature champion, you could say. It looks like a combination of Basilisk Templar, Boghopper Blackhand and Fist of Bastion. The starting point was actually Blackhand's stat build and the double Leap abilities in his kit.
    If the role/intended function of the unit is not clear, I can further explain it.

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    11, SPD: 6, RNG: 1, DEF: 1, HP: 42

Champion Abilities
    -Attack: physical
    -Petrifying Gaze
    -Leap 3
    -Portal Dancer
    -Unleash
    (-Skirmisher) <--maybe, for cost reduction and because it makes sense

Upgrade Ability Set #1
    -Elusive Leap/Glorious Leap
    -Grappling Hook
    -Crushing Charge

Upgrade Ability Set #2
    - Sweep
    - Power Attack/Execute
    - [under consideration]

Here is the thread where I talk about it: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/my-favorite-signature-main-champion-name-pending.18618/

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Northern Cross Purger

[​IMG]
    Art from: http://joshcorpuz85.deviantart.com/

Race: Barbarian
    Class: Ranger, Priest

Cost:
    Dam: 8 | Spd: 6 | Rng: 3-5 | Def: 2 | HP: 48

Abilities:
    Attack: Pistol
    Provision: Offense

U1:
    Mark of Al'Mara (Default)
    Inquisition

U2:
    Fire Acolyte (+2 Nora)
    Flame Charge (-2 Nora)
    Purging Flames (Default)

TeaNinja, Cody, Pattn199 and 2 others like this.
  7. Sokolov

LOL, the Undead part is hilarious. But actually, there is a rework back to the ranged for the Sandlion with the expansion, plus a nice recolor of it.

Anima26, IMAGIRL and Gnomes like this.
  8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I like it but
    • No new abilities

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Missed that part. Easy to revise.

10. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

LIES

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

A unit with Blood Fueled, but without Careless. Likely UD or FW.

A worm with Oblivion Shield, preferably cheap -- it would fit perfectly into a particular niche for the theme.

A ranged unit with Killing Stroke but without Stealth. Maybe range 4 or 5 tops.

A Stitched unit with Grant: Death Nova (which should probably be a CD2 ability).

Literally nothing with Surge or Bulwark.

These are mostly for FW and UD, but maybe will come up with ideas for other factions as well. Just no idea what other people would ask for -- I just want weird stuff to use.

IronStylus likes this.
  12. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

BROKEN BONES ALPHA!!!

No, but seriously:

Rune Name: Cavern of Nightmares
    Faction: Forsaken Wastes
    Artwork: A giant skull carved into a rock wall, with its mouth being the cavern's entrance. It is pitch black inside, while spooky looking mist hangs around the scene. Something like this:
    [​IMG]

Flavor Text:
    Certain ritual magic needed to raise long-dead spirits from their graves can warp the very earth itself in an outpouring of dark energy. When the land is twisted in this way, it almost never recovers. The horrible power that emanates from these caverns can bring terror to even the most strong-willed of soldiers.

Nora Cost: 45
    Defense: 1
    Health: 1
    Effect: This relic has Soul Linked, Restless Souls, Frightful Aura 3, and Conduit 2.

The base abilities total 38 nora, making the relic itself somewhat less efficient until it puts out its first Revenant. Afterward, things can only snowball from there. I've always wanted to see Soul Linked on a relic; the ability has a lot of potential uses. Since Restless Souls costs HP per summon, one can't simply drop a 100 HP relic in a font to contest forever. This isn't including any damage from Conduit as well, so its HP pool is deceptive. Conduit also serves the double purpose of negating any global damage from your own relics (Tomb and Block come to mind).

IMAGIRL likes this.
  13. Sokolov

Note that this technically counts as a new ability, since it'd need to be created to be added to the relic.

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Updated Purger to a "no new ability" version. Unsure of cost now though since Poxbase is outdated.

15. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Hmm, I see. Post has been updated, though I'm hesitant to detract from its theme synergy. We could just drop the Aura component and leave it at Soul Linked, Restless Souls, and Conduit, but that might make it seem too limited in its usefulness. On the other hand, there's VKC and Corpse Pile that have similar roles and they're still run in their respective themes, so I dunno..........

16. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Leoss Shaman (IS/UD split)
    DMG 6
    Speed 6
    Range 2-4
    Defense 1
    HP 48

Base:
    Attack fire
    Heal champion (3)
    Soul of Ailur

Upgrade 1: Divine Favor 1, 2, 3
    Upgrade 2: Revere Hraken, Revere Mosharn, Shroud

17. Sokolov

Those Reveres would be new abilities. And without those it seems like the whole IS/UD thing make even less sense.

18. Sokolov

Initially I thought Pathfinding was still Cyclops only and that the change never made it in, but it did (the description just never got updated). Bliss already has it :D

That said, I am pretty leery on the whole Centaur theme thing because it is basically the same as as a few other themes in style.

19. Sokolov

Yes, Instigate's description did get updated. I consider changes like these time well spent because it extends the life of these abilities significantly.

I admittedly haven't played Centaurs and that does sound a bit different. One thing to keep in mind then is to use abilities like Bold, Blitz and such often on them. Maybe relocation effects also?

20. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Oh, right. Bummer. I liked the IS/UD with Revere idea.

Leoss Shaman (IS/ST split)
    DMG 6
    Speed 6
    Range 2-4
    Defense 1
    HP 48

Base:
    Attack fire
    Heal champion (3)
    Soul of Ailur

Upgrade 1: Divine Favor 1, 2, 3
    Upgrade 2: Shroud, Inspire