Many of the new exo seem to be severely lacking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Aug 22, 2015.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

you can't really compare though
    leap 3 is 4 spaces for 3 ap (4when engaged) and has no cooldown teleport is 5 spaces with 4ap and has cooldown therefore leap>teleport in efficiency

2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Leap has the same cooldown as teleport.

Leadrz likes this.
  3. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

at the very least leap 3 should drop 1 nora.

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

people you are aware leap 3 has the same AP-movement profit as teleport right?

5. doubtofbuddha

If you are unengaged. If you are it has no profit. And it costs 2 nora more than teleport.

6. 15Deadmen

15Deadmen The King of Potatoes

more units have leap than tele?

7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Which map/s has it happened on? Was it a first turn 8 speed?

8. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

KF Hill 8 speed

9. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I agree that at least half of the exos are pretty terribad. Actually I would say closer to 3/4 of the set is pretty bad. Most of the 'new' abilities are pretty uninspired.

Dictate is very bad right now...it used to be 8 damage but NOT cost AP. It was only on a couple runes. Unfortunately one of those runes was Enforcer and it was one of the best KF runes(and most difficult to obtain) in the game for years. Queue the loud all caps screaming on the forums about how OP bonus AP was....so one of the last things SoE did was **** Dictate by making it not generate any AP.....right after they did the event where we could get them.

People still complaining about Menalaus? He is not even playable in most KF bgs right now. Every faction has multiple 8 spd champs now...KF does not even have a speed advantage anymore...well it barely does...in exchange for prenerf stats. Other factions get Stasis and 8-9 base speed.

Even 9spd 8 range Mena is barely good.

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Just let that sink in.....

Pattn199 and JellyBerry like this.
  11. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Surely a 7-8 range unit with the capability of storing 14 AP with flight will be no threat whatsoever, it's as if no one was aware of how speed increases threat range especially that of ranged champs which KF has got plenty. Surely the bonus is still okay and clearly they should be getting more champions that buff speed to even things out with the other factions. You're right. How could I have missed that one.

Not even playable, totally.

Jesus Firking Christ.

super71, 15Deadmen, hfok and 2 others like this.
  12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

menalaus is still very good, it doesn't matter if kf champs often times come with 6 or less speed, they are getting a nora discount and still get 1+ free speed. All the 8 speeds outside of kf are melee, there is a big difference, speed is much stronger on range. Most of the 8 speeds outside kf aren't even that good because of 8 speed base being expensive(assumption) and other reasons.(the new kanen sucks)

@JellyBerry @Baskitkase maybe you guys should start queing for a couple ranked matches once in a while. You guys seem to enjoy spending alot of your time contributing to the balance conversation but I don't see how its possible for either of you to really know what you're talking about considering you hardly even play ranked matches in this game.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  13. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Maybe you should sit down and realise that pox isn't rocket science. You don't need to spend 24 hours a day on it to know what will cause issues or are causing them. Just common sense which seems to be lacking. Pox doesn't change that much to constitute a "current" game knowledge, just throws in more abilities (which are variations of the same thing so not really hard to understand) and champions.

It takes one broken release every single time for people to complain about the same Bane Shift. Your mentality of "this faction seems to be doing bad right now so let them keep their broken stuff" isn't the way to go and no it doesn't make things interesting, it just makes people facepalm at the same old Bane Shift.

Funny how you question people's ability to judge the game based on what you deem as actual 'knowledge' yet you did a non sarcastic version on my post. Why is it sarcastic? Because it's not a new issue and instead of attacking it we get more ways to develop it. Want people to further complain about harbingers? Sure lets give them 9 speed harbs to complain about! Oh you think extra speed and AP storage pose a great advantage from numerous standpoints? Surely granting free speed to the faction which already has it will make you think otherwise!

We just enter the same cycle over and over again. At one point the game just loses novelty and I can't be arsed to fiddle with it beyond testing new synergies (for myself) because at one point I know I will be facing the same core issues than I did before and I, naturally, understand them.

That's why your opinion regarding balance calls often digress from what people like DMr post, because much unlike you, most of the time he's thinking long term and you're not.

So no, generally speaking, I don't need to spend hours of my life playing a broken game to tell you what's wrong with it, because believe it or not it's easy to adapt regardless of that.

Do continue to try justifying your points by attacking others though, pookie.

I'm sure that'll pay out.

15Deadmen, Baskitkase and Pattn199 like this.
  14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

pox isnt that complex but are you even capable of maintaining top 100 ranking yet alone top 10 with any faction? If not you're probably not the best person to listen to when discussing things that are impacting the competitive aspect of this game... People who want to contribute to the balance discussion(in a significant way) need to be playing ranked actively unless you're a dev, otherwise it does more harm than good.

15. doubtofbuddha

Mark,

Please come up with a new argument. You basically just repeated the same thing you said in your last paragraph and failed to address any of the points the author expressed. I know you are capable of more advanced reasoning, but you failed to show it in this assignment. If this continues I am going to have to give you a low grade for this semester.

Professor Dean

Pattn199 and Leadrz like this.
  16. kagebunshn

Right...you spent 100 nora on Mena, then 70 nora to give him flight and +1 spd then payed for a covenant.

But he still dies in 2-3 hits. Ggwp

17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

user error.

18. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

From now on, ima call him sam.

19. kagebunshn

I dont play ranked either but i dont need to to know that to know that rip witch + mobi > Mena. When he was 16 damage with 2/7 range sure he was pretty damn good. He is not 'bad', but he is still only barely useable by current standards.

If raw spd was as good as people pretended then erilun's favor and time slip would be auto-includes.

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

wtf? lol!