Meta SP (Work in Progress)

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Gnomes, Nov 12, 2017.

1. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Bunnies are insane, I don't see there being to many situations where it is a sub-par deploy. Seems to hold true to sundering voltaic slags as well due to sunder. Ascendants seem extremely powerful as well and If I could get my hands on 2 I would probably try two. Although I need to start with getting one lol

Fentum likes this.
  2. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

@TheBulwark if you ever see me on the boards, please give me a match as I would love to learn some better SP shenanigans...

3. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i can give you, tradelink me

4. TheBulwark

What are you lf for them?

5. TheBulwark

So here is what I have atm, excited to test
    upload_2018-1-4_11-23-41.png

Gnomes likes this.
  6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

s
    stormbunnys will be even better when they will properly homing sense ;)

Fentum likes this.
  7. TheBulwark

this is where im at now,
    upload_2018-1-7_23-32-23.png

Trying tho think of any good champs with an aoe..... clops cheif doesnt do enough in my humble opion

Gnomes likes this.
  8. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

clops chief is nice for aoe and battleleader

9. Voidtrain

Voidtrain I need me some PIE!

Why do you have Lance Admiral with no other voils?

As for aoe, try Elemental Vortex spell

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  10. TheBulwark

I had him in belore I never felt tempted to deploy him

11. TheBulwark

Dang! Didn't realize that warcry was racial now, Should forged Klub, dangit! Outta shards lol, cheiftan back in!!! lol

12. Voidtrain

Alternatively you should cram a bunch of the sweet voils in for big warcrys

Chieftan is good to deploy when you are up against any of the spell heavy factions. Spellswallower can make him a large man fast. He also has Surge so the more large men you have the better he gets. Ancient slag, cyclops drummer, klub, chaos brave etc. all make him stronger and all appreciate the battle leader. Also remember that you can proc battle leader with magic bomb kills

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Gnomes likes this.
  13. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I've been away from the game for a few years now and am thinking about returning. What is the pacing of the current game? Does one side turtle until a late game win condition overwhelms the other side (like old Occuli Slags); does one side rush the others avatar; do both sides build up for a game-changing powerturn; are there lots of 1 v 1 font skirmishes that eventually give the dominating side a nora advantage; etc.?

14. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I'll go point by point:
    1. The pace of the game is, for the most part, quicker than it used to be but not too fast or too slow.
    2. Turtling decks are mostly dead. Attrition ones still exist though, namely there's an FW/SP death benefit BG with aspects of chaos.
    3. Rushing happens occasionally but it's rare - even UD BGs don't rush that much anymore and try to be more about keeping the pressure up instead of straight up rushing.
    4. Yes, but all of them do so via different means.
    5. They do happen, yes, although the current rotation as seen here means that 2v2 or 2v1 skirmishes are more common instead.

If you've got other questions, hit me up here or on Discord!

Raikan likes this.
  15. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

All of the above, depending on map and faction

16. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Why the bartering post and why 2 of the ritualists? everything else im really digging

17. Voidtrain

Bartering post is actually not too bad. Giving some champs regen is situationally very good, especially if you are playing a defensive game. Not something I would run, but I can see the appeal.

And I agree, double ritualist is a little much. One is enough to counter summons entirely, the second one will never get deployed; thus you should use that slot for something else that could be good and flesh out your options.

18. TheBulwark

Had some good success with this configuration, havent ever wanted to deploy the metallic slag though, im definitely thinking of replacing him, slipped could be goo. i feel like i need more magic damage if I drop him though.

upload_2018-1-15_11-50-54.png

19. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

maybe remove a voltaic for a magic attacking ranged champ and remove metallic for slipped, if you dont like the metalic but still want magic. you could go...angle of chaos, kanen crone, houngan

20. TheBulwark

hmm i dont have any of those, which do you think would be the best to forge