"Must have" for frost BG

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Groggolo, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Groggolo

Groggolo New Member

Hi All,
    I am returning player, haven't really played in the last 2 years.

I would like to try a frost BG and Iwas wondering what are must have runes for this kind of BG in the current game.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Groggolo

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I want to know too :)

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Goyo likes this.
  4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Covah BG is good.
    The musts are icesnap, ice caster x2 and frostfall icewisp x2 because they are really good units with amplify frost. You can add a couple yeti curates also for support and more amp, and avoid running the ice shard that way.
    Of course you'll want offensive support, beaters and tanks after that, and a couplee of magic damage units (ussually starseers or frost queens)
    Here's other example for more ideas:
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/ChdCpdcwfC3wC79C1@ConCgkCgzs7Ks19s7bs2Ls5qS13s3YsNr1_r30rIe2P

Goyo likes this.
  5. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

What would Lonx Adept need to be considered?

6. GabrielQ

3-5 range should do the trick

Goyo likes this.
  7. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Isn't Icesnap overcosted now without the ability to equip Mirrored Shield (unequippable)? I'd prefer an Ice Elemental (-20 Nora) which would help you to set up a Howling Wind powerturn for Frost BGs. Icesnap still crazy in Tailwind tho

8. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

RedScarlet likes this.
  9. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I faced an Arcadon and I can't believe his staying power for that cost. He blocks a font, he amps, he sunders, and 1-2RNG on top of that

10. GabrielQ

A proper use of gale requires skill, a new/returning player will get more from a howling wind, for example.

11. TheNidhogg

I would say that gale is one of the least skill intensive runes... And it's been a staple forever, so returning players are familiar with it

12. GabrielQ

Do you think so? (honest question) To get good use of gale force you have to know a) how knockback works (direction and damage), b) how poxnora orders simultaneous actions c) the order in that champions were deployed d) how to cliff champions.

13. TheNidhogg

Probably 70% of the time you just knockback straight into your dudes or straight into a wall or other obstacle. Sometimes you'll need to know the specific rules, but not really.

14. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

15. kilo

kilo New Member

Yes, he is correct. Gale is a crucial spell in almost all ST decks, especially frost ones. It was one of the first spells for ST, so returning players will know it intricately. It was our bread and butter, along with terrain control.

16. TheNidhogg

Sorry just saw this. I'd take Shatter on Icewisp (And grant aura) but not on Arcadon. Take DS3 and Chill 2 I guess. But HP2 isn't awful, another 6 HP is welcome.

Goyo likes this.
  17. Groggolo

Groggolo New Member

Thank you all for the suggestions!
    What about the following exos:
    - Crystal Dragon: attack Frost + Catalyst Frost
    - Yeti Icelord: attack Frost + Unleash + Blood Frenzy 3

18. TheNidhogg

Crystal Dragon could be good, Icelord I don't think so.