My take on UD at the moment

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by nepyonisdead, Oct 30, 2016.

1. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Thanks for replying but as you know UD is a faction designed to win in the early game, and being hit by a reverberating blast or hammer strike paralyzes ur next turn and sets u up for a counter kill. All I am asking is that we have the tools to make the early focus. I consider cleanse to be as important as shatter and detection in terms of bg tools and so not having a viable cleansing option (stoker cant be considered viable). I just want this topic to be discussed because I am well aware UD is about to get heavily nerfed and so Id just like the tools to keep my faction afloat after.

Again thanks for all the hard work and I think it goes without saying that we appreciate everything u do here.

2. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Why is UD about to get heavily nerfed?

I only play for fun but I haven't seen any particularly good UD BGs show up recently. What runes are causing Nerf calls and why?

I noticed some complaints about Grimlic and Sheoul Demons, but they are fairly easily dealt with. I don't run either in my BGs, other than Grimlic in fire.

For me, the most challenging themes are the FS split slam/ mines/ traps / poison stuff, the escalating defensiveness and damage output of dwarves, and the crazy Deep Leviathan UD FS trick deck.

That's not a Nerf call for THOSE. Just a few examples.

What are the specific Nerf calls for UD?

TeaNinja and nepyonisdead like this.
  3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

My only problems with it are boundless vitality and sheoul demon. Maybe boomerang as well.

4. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

After becon demon nerf UD was unable to get in your face effectively for a while.
    We can now again with enthusiasm, but people already forgot that it was always the UD thing.

TeaNinja likes this.
  5. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Well... I don't think UD needs 'a spot cleanse' spell or equip or something. if you say that its as important as shatter or detection, for me yea it is. im not running any of those and never had any problem. On the other side tho, cleanse options should be available to UD but they already exist. shame you cant use damn bane shift in ranked. what the hell did this spell even do to you? eye for an eye combo? ban eye for an eye. nobody uses that anyways.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  6. nepyonisdead

Fentum

Tinydragon and agirgis are top 10 and they both run UD

I am rank 25 now and I am very happy with my bg but I am in now way shape or form a good player (just make good bgs)

As for the nerf I absolutely agree that besides boundless (+ 5 Nora maybe) everything is balanced

Spot cleanse is my opinion lads and I understand if u don't agree

7. RasielCZ

Bane shift was broken by Ipox, he somehow shifted possesion and gained permanent control of champs. Not sure how the combo worked tough.

TeaNinja, IronStylus and nepyonisdead like this.
  8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Think it onvolved infestor

IronStylus likes this.
  9. IronStylus

Homing sense shouldn't give mobility. if you are mispositioned after relocation, deal with it. the effect takes effect at the start of your turn, you wouldnt be able to disengage the champion you were placed near to. I think they wanted you to be able to disengage, so they put mobility in (the homing sense) as a fix. I don't know why homing sense relocation isnt happening at the end of opponent's turn. And yes, +5 nora boundless enthusiasm.

10. IronStylus

I would really like to use bane shift in a 'standard way' for what it was desgned for. Predicting cc or negative effect and casting it a turn before. for me its a good enough 'spot cc' option for every UD deck. But i hope they add other champion sourced cleanses for more themes. currently fire/ minos have stoker. demons, elves got griefbearer, wizards have demon lich but imps, spiders and goblins actually dont have anything that synergises. probably missed something, but you know. And the option that is universal for everyone is banned and needs a rework. And btw. griefbearer's relief is an excellent design. i wish he was a wizzaird. I love this rune.

11. nepyonisdead

Homing sense is perfect the way it is in my opinion, the cleanse options you mentioned are ok but to run them in a bg just for cleanse is catastrophic

All of em beside stoker are a waste of Nora in my eyes sadly. Bane shift is okish but I think I'll just run dark pact

12. RasielCZ

Btw did you know taht ST has a better version of Boundless enthusiasm? It's called Lonx Bonecharm.

Fentum and nepyonisdead like this.
  13. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

I'd argue your font spell is stronger than theres by about the same margin so it evens out in the end.

14. IronStylus

Yes and icestorm is 10 nora more 2 dmg less, and covers 4x the space of fireblast...

nepyonisdead likes this.
  15. nepyonisdead

all u need is amp
    and it will do 15 dmg to each champ

16. nepyonisdead

ST has swap and everyone knows that and gale are the best spells in game, so please dont even start to compare ST to UD. St will Firking win all day :p especially in the spells area

17. Fentum

Although I'm pretty much ok with UD strength at the minute, I DO find a STUD split using Lonx Bone charm on an Ireguard is very very effective. Usually a majestic one. With the ST spot cleanse options. You get the idea.

18. nepyonisdead

St/UD super champ
    Honestly as good as it sounds on paper it's easy to beat and hard to get good with

19. RasielCZ

You go with nefari syphons, crystal phenix, some Bane Shift liek phase spider to buy time and than you can superchamp all you want, or spell spam, or both.
    It should be quite good.

20. Fentum

Nope. It's all about majestic arrow eaters...