New to SL - Dragon Deck!

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Engleberry, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Engleberry

Engleberry The King of Potatoes

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

3. Engleberry

Wouldn't the mauler debuff my Valdac + Rage Band combo?

4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Try it. Maulers are too good to not use them. In fact they are over the top.

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. OchiK

OchiK The King of Potatoes

What @Goyo said, any SL deck really. Oh your running skeezicks? 2x mauler. Draksar? 2x mauler. Sand? 2x mauler. Some sort of meta thing 2x mauler. Your own designed BG? 2x mauler. You're running a split? 2x mauler.

6. Engleberry

Updated the bg accordingly. Any ideas on how I can adjust this to handle with stealth units?

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Don't run Skywing Imperator. Really, he's just bad.

8. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

He's like a vindrax that can't attack or tank.

9. Engleberry

So that gives me like a 140k on PoxBox. What do I put in instead? Prismatics?

10. Sealer0

Skithmaw hunter/varu dragon, maybe draksar psion or rocketeer. Also, remove dreadnought, it's worthless in a deck like this and questionable otherwise. Skywing patrol is bad, and you won't even be able to utilize their relic with so many 2x2s. Heart of gnash is terrible without vex, 10% damage amp is just not worth it, dragon god's staff would be much better so you could spot cleanse your vindrax in case the enemy tries to disable him. There are other decent equips too, but since for some reason you don't have purge I'd go with dragon gods staff.

Also, find a place for a rumbler, its damage is insane.

11. Sealer0

Pro tip: rarity does not equal power, unless it's krikkingwing alpha. And if you can get a krikkinwing alpha for that, get it. It would be perfect for your deck.

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. Engleberry

I tried to get in those Rumblers but nobody'd trade 'em to me. :/

13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Seriously, get a couple maulers in there, man.

OchiK likes this.
  14. Engleberry

I did haha

OchiK and SPiEkY like this.
  15. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

Base for dragons is 2 Maulers, 2 Rumblers, a Vindrax, a Draksar Shifter or possibly 2, Krikkinwing Alpha (hard to get), The Doctor (too good not to use w/ charged heal), your ranged options are limited so it's worth splashing Draksar Psion or Ravenspeaker. If you don't have Ravenspeaker, and plan on playing a lot of SL, it's a pretty good investment in general. I have an extra, if you want to see about a trade. Drakewing Swarm counts as 3 Dragons for Swarm: Dragon, so that makes a decent 1-of. Skithmaw Hunter is a dragon with Detection.

Goyo likes this.
  16. Engleberry

Thanks, Sharang. What would you like for that Speaker? And I doubt I'll be getting a Krik Alpha anytime soon. What would be the stratagy in playing a shifter? I'm seriously considering dumping my imperators too, so I'm also pretty screwed range wise.

17. Sealer0

Auto deploy vs fire damage, tank and kill stuff with pit dragon form. He's quite straight-forward. You can use changing forms to cleanse.

18. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

Attempt to spend the majority of your time in pit dragon form. Shift sooner rather than later; not only does this mitigate damage you may not have expected, it means you can reactivate pit dragon form while in pit dragon form to cleanse after several turns.

If I can return to pit dragon soon I sometimes switch to red dragon for an AP bump via Dragonflight. This lets you get up to 4 Ap from Dragonflight on the next dragon you play (1st play a dragon, 2nd play Shifter > Dragon form, play a third dragon to trigger dragon #1 and dragon form Shifter's Dragonflights). However, I'll try to make sure that PD form is coming off CD within 2 turns if I'm going to do this. I get nervous if I'm 'stuck' in Dragon form.

Again, as mentioned above; if playing against an UD Fire BG throw that out the window and stay in Dragon form.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  19. Engleberry

20. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I would run something more like this, while trying to preserve the deck's idea:
    http://poxbase.com/deck/ctQcj4C66c5iCtncdnCdmCgNcoLCjGc3-S6Lsas2-S7usYs64r3rPr2qr3Qe2De1O

Rumblers just too good. I would really try to find room for 1x Drakewing Swarm. The only reason it's not in the above suggested deck is because I don't know what you personally would prefer to give up for it.

Acid Storm is better than Burning Sands in this deck, for 2 reasons: the amplification (main reason) and the fact that you're gonna be trying to keep lots of champions alive with Vex and Acid Storm gets better the more champions can take advantage of the applied Scoured.

I understand Tx Relay may seem weird in a deck with Vex and Neodrak, but I've noticed that if people draw Vex too late they prefer not deploying it. Relay helps you reveal it faster or sort of take its place otherwise. And besides, it's just too good. Flame Dragoleech is also too good not to run, esp since it's a fire Dragon AND you have quite a few expensive units so you'll want extra nora.
    Speaking of expensive champs, I believe having all 3 Dragon Heroes in a deck is just too much. I would think carefully and choose to remove one (I personally would remove Valdac if I still played a Vex deck; but I'd never play a Vex deck in the first place).

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015