[Outdated] Common and uncommon only Battlegroups.

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by GabrielQ, Apr 15, 2014.

1. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Wrath updated, thread is functional again.

2. GabrielQ

3. paldirs

paldirs Devotee of the Blood Owl

I know you already have one, but this is my kf beast c/uc, which I used in c/uc tournament:
    http://poxbase.com/deck/CtyC55Cuvcw2CtoCdpC5JCdac8vs5s1-S1as4Ks6Br2or2Yr2zrnrUe29e2beM

It does have warbanner though.

The beauty of kf beast c/uc is that it has pretty much everything you need: Shatter. detection, magic damage, tanks, beaters, support, ranged, nora gen (vashal), cleanse, distraction. Could switch out the banner for avenging angel for ap gen/heal. Also can drop 1 cleanse ofr sometihng else. Going with 2 druids + spell + relic is bit overkill, allthough it leaves room to take different upgrade at druids.
    Im prettty sure this bg is good enough to reach high end exo, if not limited.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
    GabrielQ and Pipster like this.
  4. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

5. GabrielQ

sorry but it's pretty bad.

6. paldirs

paldirs Devotee of the Blood Owl

SL beasts are probably the cheapest theme bg possible to make. Apart from snogvie, doombringer and renovator, all beasts are c/uc in SL and the herder is common aswell. Actually 90% of the beasts are common and only cobra spitter and varu howler are uncommon.

http://poxbase.com/deck/c61CiFcfcnchGc65c7tC8Lc1oCoACauc4 c3_c1zs6Ls7isjs73s7us1HsHrXr37r2qr2Ie1O

I like to add 2 skeezick wylders for some magic damage and their hidden sand ability.
    In the example BG i made for you, Ive thrown in every beast 1x, but personally I would likely put 2 sandhunters, 2 rolling shriekers and 2 dunes manticores. as long as your opponent doesnt cleanse, you will lower their damage insanely much with the sonic roars and sand sprays, combined with the SL faction bonus you will take almost 0 damage from counterattacks.
    Skithmaw and varuhowler do your detection and varu howler can also counter perseverance. Bearcat and basilisk are your tanks, while guardian croks, cobra spitter and warmandrils will be your beaters. Try them all out a few games and pick your favourites.
    Adding taint or rageband to sandhunter/skeezick wylder before using sandspray/charged blast can turn them quickly into stealthed 20 damage ranged beaters.

The main issue with the bg is the noracost of skeezick herder, but this might get patched soon.

7. Puppetchan

Puppetchan Member

Not true. Rares worth less than 2000 are worth reforging. If you reforge 10, you can forge a top-tier rare and sell it to poxbox for 21,000. Additionally, any base set epic under 10,000 is worth reforging for the same reason. Sometimes it's cheaper to buy trash epics than buy actual runes lol

For example, voil glarewing is sold on poxbox for as low as 5k sometimes. When it becomes forgeable, you'll be able to shard it one-a-piece for 20k rares.

8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

@profhulk

you are good at this stuff

9. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I believe my comment was referring to the runes in which the topic is about (commons and uncommons) and im pretty sure my comment is too old to be valid with the changes to poxbox after the steam relaunch.

10. Puppetchan

Puppetchan Member

11. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Gabe, can you update this?

12. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  13. DonK101st

DonK101st Well-Known Member

EDIT: Sorry wrong thread...

14. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

I put together a common/uncommons only Spider deck for anyone who wants to make their own.

https://poxbase.com/deck/c5MCw=CuXc8KCfXCv0C5yCqqcqyS3Vsys90S4ks3oS1Fs86sAs4TS1lr2A

K'zlik and Mark of Sheoul (warbanner) help the deck a LOT, and are both given out as rewards for playing games as UD. I'd include those into this deck when you get them. Spiders are a very unique theme, and very fun. Their late-game is scary with x2 Protect the Nest, x2 Mass Web, and x2 Broodmothers. If you have any questions about spiders feel free to contact me.

yuore likes this.
  15. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

Skeezick should be the strongest here, am i wrong?