Player Expansion Preview/Discussion (Protectorate Champions)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

That would work as well. I'd assume it would make an Egg Relic?

2. Xirone

Does it look like Woodfae Collector should have a different basic attack? Attack: Lightning? Physical doesn't look very good for those little bright things.

3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I think vintetouch and harvest may be too strong, but hey we'll see.

4. Xirone

The saving grace is that Vinetouch promotes dropping it early when it is a tempo hit but Harvest only works well later on in the game when you have a number of champs out already.

5. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Uhh, 2nd important thing: no light wisp for aurora theme? i mean my design was crap, but the idea was still to be remade for something to the theme.

6. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

-what would be the estimated nora cost for vinetouch+harvest build on Woodfae Collector?
    -I think I really like the set of the maple guy, but I don't really like trees ;\, the set is awesome tho
    - I also like the option to make shred defense+trickster+knockout combo but I'm not sure how it's gonna end. shred has really low range. antagonize looks nice (kind of tricky, hit n' run playstyle)
    - couple things look a bit strong, like double provision on 75 nora 58hp melee tank, the 2nd upg line will be probably the choice which one is cheaper. I'm also worried about this IS machine with tons of stats and unstoppable

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Looks good and should find a place in Fae and Plant decks. Slightly concerned with the cost for a flying champ. Especially in plant decks where it can be generating nora with Harvest.

Really like the design on this one. Solid utility up front and Death Nova and Grace of the Dead will make it great fodder for Fuel and De'lim decks.

Solid little ranged unit for Garu. Grant: Aura will likely be the favored upgrade because of the prevailance of melee in Garu. I am assuming Hibernate will be fixed with expansion?

My only real concern about this rune is that it is basically the same as Vothsair Ireguard but slightly better. I agree with Xirone's and other suggestions of either Spontaneous Regeneration, Scale Armor, Hunter: Poisoned? or some other ability instead of Arrow Eater.

Nifty little unit with good utility.

Good looking unit. My only real concern is that this thing is gonna be really tanky for a ranged unit.

Badass art. He is a little squishy for a melee unit but I think we will likely see him with Breath and Subsume so he will be poking at range too.

Will see a lot of play is Argol decks. May see play in meta with Savage Exploit because of solid damage with DoT.

Will likely be run with Tough and Seismic Leap. When equipped this guy is going to be a beast and equips are Salamans specialty. I am worried that he may turn out to difficult to kill butlets wait and see.

Neat little support unit. Cost may be a tad too low for the utility he will put out with Haste, Stall and Dysplasia.

Fun concept but wont see much play. His stats are really low and everything seems to revolve around Smash. Once smash has been used he loses his primary way of triggering Trickster and he is too fragile for combat. Through all this Mercenary will be raising his cost. If IS is getting Ukulele as an equip it will be used in every Dwarf Deck.

This thing is going to be a damage monster. May end up needing a tap down the line but think it is worth letting go for now.

Will fit in with Grint decks perfectly.

Will likely be run with Conqueror and either Leap or Pounce. Cull is also possible. I like the flavor and this unit will see good use in Barb decks.

This is how I think Mercenary units should look. Dude is gonna be a beast that lays waste and a paint to kill but it costs a lot and will be expensive long term.

This one concerns me a bit with Kinetic Impulse and Burn since it will be doing 17 damage with the first tick of burn from 5 range for only 61 nora. However the unit is super squishy so it may be ok.

Kind of a boring melee unit but it does it well. With ST bonus and Hunter its gonna have 58 HP and 3 defense (Maybe Evaisive but I think people will be taking Pounce or Lance). He has decent damage too so will likely see play in Flying, Frost and maybe Ranger decks.

I adore this one. I likely wont use it because I dont really play Leoss but the design is cool.

This thing is gonna be a solid tank for ST. Will probably see it with Adaptive and Calify.

May find a home in Frost decks and will likely see play with Strig. No real concerns here.

Xirone likes this.
  8. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Here are the current champs summoned by propagate abilities:

spiderling:
    4 speed, 10hp, non-boostable, ~10 damage, poison, multi-attack

carrionling:
    4 speed, 5hp, non-boostable, ~5-15 damage after surge, disease aura

Will this new propagate ability feature the 6 speed, 9 damage, 15hp, boostable, poison snake?
    Or will it be the 5 speed, 7 damage, 25hp, boostable, constriction snake?

9. Xirone

If Sok liked the idea, which he hasn't commented on and so is probably pie in the sky wishing, he could use the sprite from Cobra Spitter and make a new summoned serpent with lower stats. Propagate could also spawn Egg Relics that take a turn longer to hatch than the spiderling eggs (and so could be a touch stronger).

For the "snake" of the argument, here are two options...
    Rainbow Serpent: 4 SPD, 7 DMG, 8 HP, RNG 2-3, Attack: Acid, Scour.
    Rainbow Serpent: 4 SPD, 8 DMG, 8 HP, RNG 1, Attack: Acid, Invigorate 1.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  10. Xirone

Fling Serpent (serpent-producing version of Fling Corpse from Corpse-A-Pult) would also fit, though that would probably be cray. Instability would balance it, if it didn't trigger off basic attacks.

11. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

i was picturing a snake version of bone elemental heh

12. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Sick mang. I'm very happy these got included. Barbs aren't quite the same anymore...they never are, but I still think the "idea" of these 2 barbs have a chance to not get lost in the sea of beaters we have built up. Thanks for doing this expansion, I'll throw some love (aka money...love is obv the same as money) at this expansion.... Good work everyone else, stuff looks well thought out with only a couple outliers that strike me as OP or UP.

Woffleet likes this.
  13. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Im sorry but i must complain about this unit's boring U2, its a waste of opportunity.. Its a ranged tortun with Turtle.. does it really need 3 ranks of Tough?
    may i suggest:
    U2: Extinguish, Domain Water, Splash

Reasoning:
    Splash, creates impeding water around the unit, this champ is a 2x2 one so it works better and it can combo this with Vortex's knockback so it has more utility against melee.
    Domain Water, self explanatory i think, gives this ranged unit mobility and some stat boost if the bg is more focused in water terrain(aka not full tortun, or water tortun focused, gives the chance to work with it outside tortuns).
    Extinguish, This one is interesting, it counters a bit of fire dmg and charred condition because well, its a firking Blastoise, an Hydrant.

Woffleet and Etherielin like this.
  14. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Adding to This I must say I like the Hydrant but currently it's not filling the holes torturns are missing. Torturns need more utility to restrict enemy movement and more powerful range units to counterattack with. The use of water in torts to provide this is a great step towards what they can be. So I would suggest adding protective to base. Replacing protective with splash in upgrade path 1.
    U2: Tough 2, dive, domain water

15. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Lost Tribe Cannibal sounds crazy on paper.

16. Kampel

I just cant see how that idea adds anything to them, you say tortuns need more CC but the U2 you suggest gives defense, mobility and domain water for non full tortun bgs..
    I think Splash in U1 wont work, noone will ever pick that over Vortex or Tidal Wave, the current U1 has all powerful abilities which fairly compete with each other.
    I wouldnt want Dive (a tunnel like ability) on a 6spd ranged Ponderous turtle, to dive and attack in a single turn i would need 8ap, if what you wanted to add is an escape option then i think domain water's mobility is a better option so it overlaps.
    And even tho Tough 2 is a great ability this champ is a ranged champ with 2def and Turtle, i believe this upgrade slot could be used for something more fun.

As utility i thought about "Hydrate" instead of Splash, it generates 2ap AoE 2 which Tortuns could use but Tortun's Trade (their racial) already gives 2AP so it overlaps, one of the designs i made for SP has "Hydrate" and it would seem i wanted to add that ability to everything xD

17. Woffleet

do you play torts because at least for me I find it hard to force and engagement from my oppponent. I think adding water as a sub theme to torts would help because now you have access to things like undertow, drown, exc.

I agree that splash wouldn't be taken on that upgrade line that was a bad suggestion. For upgrade line 2 the idea is to provide mobility because Torturns have trouble retreating because you can't back off far without destroying your ability to counteract. I'm not saying my suggestions are good. I'm just saying that torturns have some serious flaws and I think a water sub theme and this champ could help those flaws.

18. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I thought torts were supposed to be tanks, with heavy artillery. their weakness was supposed to be mobility

19. Kampel

I've played tortuns a lot and i dont think we can fix them with 1 champ so my thought was to at least try to make this tortun usefull outside tortuns and usable inside them with a fun and fresh design.
    I would really like Extinguish in this one

20. Woffleet

I agree we can't fix a theme with 1 champ. Extinguish would be cool on the 2nd upgrade line. So would domain water. I think that protective should definately be on base though.