Playing pox makes me Firking furious now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrew Carling, May 30, 2017.

1. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I am due for one...

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

The more that I look at Longsword the more I think that Fog of War could be awesome either as a normal feature or as something that can be added to custom maps by players themselves. Would be a cool natural deterent of ranged strength because archers would need other units to spot for them unless they have the high ground.

Should be pretty easy to do something like:

Units have a normal Vision range of 3.
    Terrain grants +1 Vision range per elevation change.
    Can have abilities like:
    Scout - This unit has +1 Vision and ignores movement penalties from elevation changes.
    Stealth [1/2/3] - This unit remains hidden for up to 1 space inside a units Vision range.
    Elves could have +1 range as a passive.
    Etc.

voodoov and SPiEkY like this.
  3. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Wow man, this looks awesome. I will definitely be throwing $'s at you. So it will have pve as well as pvp content?

4. zer0sum

zer0sum The King of Potatoes

Yeah, this is interesting. There's no great way to represent fog of war on a 3D map where you have full camera control. The only way to do it would be to "stealth" the units that are outside the fog of war. As a part of the core ruleset, I decided to pass on the fog of war because basically I thought the early game would be too boring. There are stealth mechanics though and there are also mechanics that affect movement penalties over terrain.

5. zer0sum

Thanks! Yes there is PvE content that has some light story content as well as more controlled scenarios. So you basically have a deck that you start a campaign with, and everything in your deck is one-shot; if your champs survive the battle then they go back into your deck, but spells are burned. You then proceed to an overworld map where you get to choose some new cards to go into your deck, and then you're off to the next battle.

If you check out the banner on my twitter page, then you can see an example of the overworld. https://twitter.com/zer0sumGames

Bondman007 likes this.
  6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Yeah, as I thought about it more I decided that fog would also detract from the natural beauty in the maps.

7. Bondman007

Nice idea. Will you be giving rewards such as exclusive runes and such for campaign completions? Or is there a reward structure? Whats your philosophy on that?

8. zer0sum

The general plan is that there are exclusive rewards for finishing campaigns; this is the primary reason I think people will buy these campaign packs beyond enjoying the content. I haven't quite figured out the nature of these rewards - whether they will be "Inquisitor Isran" style reskins or whether they will be completely new runes, but probably it will be a combination of both.

Bondman007 likes this.
  9. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I suggest sticking to reskins and themed decks as rewards - decks are less P2W in nature than singular runes as you're not being gated by anything there as long as the themed decks contain runes that are normally obtainable.

10. Xiven

Xiven I need me some PIE!

I'd rather tackle a flaming, hurtling city bus, head-on than play yet another generic, fantasy board/strategy/card game, but that's just me.
    I see everyone's running with the, "Pox Nora is officially dead" narrative, too.
    Great thread.

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I don't see where anyone (other than yourself) is saying that. We are just praising the work of a guy that is making a game essentially by himself that. Pox is essentially in Beta again with the new client. It had a soft release to give time to find and fix bugs before it begins to be advertised when the next expansion comes out. Yes there are a crap ton of problems but they have been pretty steadly knocked out and will continue to be fixed asap. Its not as if DOG is saying "Here this is the finished product".

Etherielin and Bondman007 like this.
  12. Bondman007

All this is true. Unfortunately, they have taken a short eternity to get this out and the current population, even on the forums, has nearly dried up, myself included. Maybe, perhaps, giveitashot, their actions will "revitalize" the game but I'm beginning to wonder if there is a dead horse laying around here somewhere.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  13. Xiven

Xiven I need me some PIE!

I believe you misunderstand; the general disposition of—well, many people, lately, is decrying the game as ruined and beyond repair. Obviously this isn't the case. I don't even agree that there are that many problems.

14. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

That looks brilliant, I'm not that into the tabletop simulator thing- I prefer a certain amount of immersion -but in every other respect it looks incredible.

Etherielin and zer0sum like this.
  15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

population has improved a decent amount since the new client has come out. And will improve even more once they drown out all the issues and release the expansion which given the rate on how quickly things are getting fixed shouldnt take long.

16. horrible

horrible Devotee of the Blood Owl

Just played another game where I couldn't make any moves. It didn't say I was disconnected. When I logged out and logged back in, the chat box was gone. And I still couldn't do Bane Shift. Only watch my opponent beat me up. I'm quitting for now. Fix your Bane Shift, Pox.

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

wow just wowwowowowowow just just wowowowowowowowooww

This person definitley played pox lol