Possible Solution to Alt Farmers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cody, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Cody

Cody The King of Potatoes

Everything I suggest can be abused by alt farmers. But what if, once every two weeks a division rare+ can do a super hard campaign/rank challenge to complete and be rewarded with 200 shards or 2 rares and 3 uncommons or an exotic. I know the objective is try to get people to buy more runes but... Sacrificing ratios 3:1 for legendaries and then getting beat out by top players or a shift in the meta is discouraging if you don't have anymore runes to change your bg. People want to play more than just one bg. The public decks are great but you don't actually own it or can modify it.

And what if you can sacrifice x number of runes, let's say 50 common, 40 uncommon, 25 rare, 15 exotic and 10 legendaries for a single limited rune for each rarity. Progression is key; people play the Bane Shift out of Diablo and Dayz just off progression alone. lol

And with that being said, you can incorporate some unique runes for the extreme collectors E.G Harbingers.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Probably the best opening clause in the English language.

3. Cody

English is ever changing. :)

4. Cody

Sorry, do you need an opening clause ?
    I have an some ideas that may improve the game. There you go.

5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

And for the sake of competitive purposes. why do people need limited runes? how would they help people who are getting beat out by "top players"

6. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

Limited edition= a set number of runes. If you could craft limited there would be 0 point in having them. Also when some limited where released the devs at that time not DOG prommised never to rerelease them again. Sure DOg could break this its there game now. But i for one would quit and giveaway my stuff the day that happenes.Having spent year and a laarge sum of incom obtaning these fairly.

thank you

7. Cody

Sigh... It's a recycle system.... You know what... lol That's funny. You're a piece of Bane Shift. Whoops broke the first rule.

How is that even a devils advocate question? Didn't I say it was for progression? You don't need limited runes for "Beating the top player man"

8. themacca

that was a bit unnecessary don't you think?

9. Cody

No. Not at all. You have a personal vendetta against me and made false accusations.

10. themacca

wot

11. Cody

Correcto on the term my friend. Should've spent more time thinking about what to say then coming up with the ideas itself. Basically all skin designs are unobtainable for new players and some runes are exclusive but.... You would rather trade all your runes away than rather have a fair market?

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Harbs should never be released again.

13. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

I am afraid its not a question of unobtainable but a question of money. So lets say i played this game for 8 years, you come in as a new player and u want all i got for free? Why because i got a skin that you dont have that looks alittle different?

Whats the point of this game exactly?

I am sure if you keep playing they will release more lim skins for you to aquire, but why would you want to get them since any other player thats new to the game should get them for free thats your logic.
    So limited will have no mening and everyone should have all for free and the game goes bancrupt.

14. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

My god, the forums are getting insanely toxic lately. Chill out, for pox' sake.

15. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Winning.

16. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

your right sorry, i guess i take some things to heart to easily. Making lims unlim is such a thing :p

17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Saw the title of this thread.

Am disappointed.

18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Likewise. So much wasted potential.

On topic however Limiteds should never be re-released unless they are the ones aquired from campaigns and untradable or perhaps the ones that were given away for free with packs in the expansion before last. Even then I would only think the campaign ones. As firk said Limiteds up until now are there to reward players for continuing to play. They dont have an impact on gameplay because they are skins. Harbs and Renovators should never be Meta runes but should be playable. I would just make sure they are 3-5 nora overcosted.

Things like Aria, Delim, Grimthir, etc. are chase runes. They are something thats fun to go after but a player should never feel onligated to get them to compete. Right now they really dont do anything other than look pretty.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  19. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Title changed from "Roll It, Pack It, Fire It Up, Come Alonggg, Take A Hit From The Bonggg" to "Possible Solution to Alt Farmers" to better show contents of the thread.

20. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

How about they start banning alt accounts because they are against rules.