Pox Nora Warfare! Let Blood be Shed! (Update 1.5)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Apostate, May 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apostate

Apostate I need me some PIE!

Hello everyone!
    I know things are in a lull right now while we await the change on the horizon so I came up with a little game for us to pass the time.
    [​IMG]

THE RULES
    1. Players must sign up for a faction. They will fight for that faction and that faction only. Split decks are not permitted. Split FACTIONS (Stitched, Kanen, Leoss, etc) are not permitted.

2. Faction warriors must be completely FF. Limited and Legendary runes are not permitted. (This should be an accessible event for players of any level, as well as leveling out the playing field slightly). Players can also join at any point, but once they choose a faction they are committed to it.

3. Each faction will elect a general. The general will serve in the capacity as a final decision maker for attacking territories. Beating a general in a match counts as three points rather than the normal one point unless two generals or a lieutenant and a general fight. Highly skilled players will be deemed lieutenants, this will need to be done by a majority consensus. Limited league is automatic lieutenant. These ranks are essentially a drawback since this game will be driven by wins in an invaded territory. You may only invade an adjacent territory. Generals should focus more on defense, rather than offense. They should also try and fight other generals and/or lieutenants to keep things fair.

4. At the end of the warring period, the winner will be decided by majority control of Poxanthruru.

5. Have fun! No tryhards are welcome, this should be a fun little war to build morale prior to revamp. It should not be an ego contest.

HOW IT WORKS
    The game will move forward by rounds. Generals will each determine a territory to invade. Faction warriors must challenge the defending faction for invasions. The defending faction MUST produce defenders or the territory will be forfeited automatically. If a faction wins at least X (I haven't decided on the number) amount of times during a round they will take the territory. Note that you may need to defend much more than you invade, if multiple factions invade your territories. Controlling many territories will also be difficult as a result of this.

EXAMPLE ROUND
    -General Apostate designates ST3 as the target for the round. Markoth, TinyDragon and Gedden belong to IS. The IS team decides to designate tiny as defense and the other two issue open challenges.

-Hardy, Iajabmaka and DmrBadGuy belong to ST, they must defend. Based on communication amongst faction, it is agreed that Hardy should proceed with their invasion, and Iajabmaka and DmrBadGuy should focus on defense.

-Iajab elects to defend against Markoth. He fights and wins; no point for IS from that battle. Iajab then defends against Gedden, losing miserably because Gedden is a cheater; IS gets an invasion point.

If a territory has no faction attacking them it's easier to maintain pressure on a territory to rack up the number of necessary wins. It would behoove generals to maintain cognizance of which factions haven't been targeted yet. If any further clarification comes up or there are questions about rules, we can figure through them together.

CURRENT ARMIES:

-FW-
    General Igghi2
    Lieutenant Alexispfp
    Lieutenant phalganit3
    Apostate
    MortemDeus
    Tanitl
    LordRahan
    NiGhtMaRiK

-IS-
    General Axeraiser
    Lieutenant Muddled

Lieutenant sassquatch
    Lieutenant xCovah
    Lieutenant Baskitkase
    Lieutenant Markoth

JaceDragon

-FS-
    General Taylor
    Lieutenant oyo97
    Lieutenant GabrielQ
    Lieutenant h0spy
    Lieutenant theravager
    Lieutenant viktorino
    Rorschach

bagoftrick

Boozha
    ProfHulk
    ImbaGosu
    Shadap

-SP-
    General NewsBuff
    Lieutenant Neil
    shivet
    PaperSkull
    Rokkushun
    Zoran88
    MrDeath412
    Ultima0111

-ST-
    General Moles1909
    Lieutenant Hardy
    Lieutenant Indijanac
    Lauremoon

G0y0
    Tomaszus
    KingJad

-KF-
    General DevilsRath
    Lieutenant Burnpyro

Lieutenant Xirone
    TinyPickle
    Icehippo
    Kansa
    AlphaOzcar
    Dammtuss
    PTJimbo
    Elvesrule

-SL-
    General Nihilarian
    Lieutenant movntarget
    Lieutenant Schmacko
    Lieutenant Borice45
    Lieutenant Razzoriel
    Bieshanas
    redChapel
    jenovah2

-UD-
    General Agirgis1
    Commander TinyDragon (Bounty: Lieutenant wins against this player reward 3 points. Rookie wins award 7. May Al'Mara save your soul)
    Lieutenant RasielCZ
    Lieutenant Gutsa
    Lieutenant xxLordQxx
    Lieutenant Reaper
    Lieutenant Caine
    SPiEkY
    Amberite

MakarovJAC
    BossJEK
    dograge
    RKane

Last edited: May 12, 2014
    iPox, Faust and Goyo like this.
  2. Apostate

The warmap for the game is attached.

"Desert Owl Games has also offered to grant select participants Player Awards. Who, how many, and the title of the awards have yet to be determined." -Senshu

ALL SOLDIERS, STAND TO!
    The war starts now. What will happen is that generals will confer with their factions and post their invasion targets for the first round. Said general will elect attackers and defenders. These aren't concrete jobs, they're more focus areas for players. Attackers will declare open challenges in the targeted territory, and the defenders will defend against the attacker of their choice. If an attacker wins, then that's an invasion point. You'll let your general know and they'll keep track and let me know. I'm still unsure of what the threshold for invasion totals will be, I'll make the determination after the first round.

Generals need to assign roughly half of their faction as defenders, one of which must be a general/lieutenant and a rookie. Attackers may battle multiple times per round. Only one territory will be invaded per faction, per round.

I'll try and cover some more miscellaneous inventory:

-This event is for FUN, it is not a tournament. Please do not treat this like a tournament. It's intended as a fun community event to boost morale in the interim before the patch. It is not supposed to be a killing ground of noobs nor a ego contest.

-I have final discretion here, if I feel that a particular faction is growing detached from the spirit of this event then I'll make it known and address it. Understand that not all the teams are fair, and that there's an entire team of zero lieutenants. Newer players signed up for a reason, and that reason was not to be crushed by limited league.

-Deckbuilding: There's been a lot of questions so I'll just put it this way. No legendaries, no limiteds except for warbanners. No split runes, none. No split factions, and no split runes. No horn of order, experimental warspirit or otherwise. You should find more than enough of your own faction's runes. No obvious hate runes like holy mace.

-The map: I've noticed a lot of people complaining about the map. Please take into account that this is the first event I've hosted of such designs, there's bound to be imbalance. Some factions have more secure territory than others, but all factions have only four blocks.

If this event is successful, then we can easily grow it. That will take all of you people, the players, to help make this event notable and enjoyable rather than stinking of tryhards and bruised egos. That's all that comes to mind at present, be sure to mind the updates for round changes. Maintain awareness of this post for invasion totals.

Good luck, have fun, and die nobly!

TERRITORY CONTROL
    IS1 - Ironfist Stronghold
    IS2 - Ironfist Stronghold
    IS3 - Ironfist Stronghold
    IS4 - Ironfist Stronghold

FW1 - Forsaken Wastes
    FW2 - Forsaken Wastes
    FW3 - Forsaken Wastes
    FW4 - Forsaken Wastes

ST1 - Savage Tundra
    ST2 - Savage Tundra
    ST3 - Savage Tundra
    ST4 - Savage Tundra

KF1 - K'Thir Forest
    KF2 - K'Thir Forest
    KF3 - K'Thir Forest
    KF4 - K'Thir Forest

FS1 - Forglar Swamp
    FS2 - Forglar Swamp
    FS3 - Forglar Swamp
    FS4 - Forglar Swamp

SP1 - Shattered Peaks
    SP2 - Shattered Peaks
    SP3 - Shattered Peaks
    SP4 - Shattered Peaks

SL1- Sundered Lands
    SL2 - Sundered Lands
    SL3 - Sundered Lands
    SL4 - Sundered Lands

UD1 - Underdepths
    UD2 - Underdepths
    UD3 - Underdepths
    UD4 - Underdepths

ATTACK TARGETS / INVASION POINT TOTALS

IS - FW1 - 1
    FW - ST4
    SP - FS3
    FS - UD2
    SL - SP3
    KF - FS4
    ST - FW2
    UD - ST1

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Ah, what the hell, I guess I'll play for UD.

Apostate likes this.
  4. Muddled

Muddled Member

Sign me up for IS

5. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Ill play for UD :D

Apostate likes this.
  6. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i'll keep an eye on this. no promises

7. Apostate

You must step forward Dagda, your faction needs you.

Rise to the challenge sir!

SPiEkY likes this.
  8. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

GL considering a simplest tourney lasts already for over a month.

9. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

a point of clarification using leoss as the example. are the champs unusable at all? say i ran for IS, could i not use any Leoss champs at all or just not running a proper split leoss deck? and if its no split faction runes at all then what about the random split equips and such... ie soul reaver?

10. Apostate

Just no split faction champions, as in champions from those split themes.

11. oyo97

oyo97 I need me some PIE!

i dont fully get it yet but sign me for fs :)

12. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

I'll do UD

13. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

This sounds like a lot of fun, i'd like to enter for Ironfist.

are we allowed warbanners? (they are legendary)

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  14. Apostate

Warbanners are fine.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  15. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I would like to join the Stronghold

16. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

Can we use limiteds that have non limited counterparts? (demon lich, norafire elemental, darkwing swarm, etc)

17. Apostate

Sure, I don't see an issue with that.

18. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

hardy would like to enter for IS

19. TinyPickle

TinyPickle The King of Potatoes

I'll join KF.

20. Igghi2

Igghi2 Member

I'll fight for FW