Runemaker (ONLINE)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Poxpoints, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

@IronStylus I see the noracost didn't calculate for some reason, might have been because you were creating it while I was uploading a fix! If this happens again, let me know!

@Gorebucket Rune-suggestions just became a lot more fun!

I noticed one thing and that is that on the preview the noracost does not get updated if you change the upgrade abilities, will fix tomorrow probably!

2. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

3. IronStylus

@Poxpoints Wow i really like the tool I screw up the abilities, when I remove one some things won't work, but overall - this is AMAZING

4. Poxpoints

@IronStylus
    Alright, so with ability removal the nora cost does not update correctly on the preview for you and instead goes blank entirely?
    Before you remove abilities it does show up the noracost correctly on the preview, or it doesn't?

Also I figure you're not using chrome as a browser (seeing as you have a different font-size etc.)
    I haven't done any styling yet, so it doesn't ignore any browser styling yet!

5. IronStylus

aseryen likes this.
  6. IronStylus

Shame magic turret (it's in upgrades!) doesn't work with illuminate :\ I thought of giving him ammunition with 6-7 or 5-6 range but well.. whatever
    Edit: @Poxpoints I see the nora cost now. I started from typing stats first.
    Screenshot from 2017-02-26 00:01:40.png

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    aseryen likes this.
  7. Poxpoints

I downloaded firefox to try and reproduce and while the styling ****s up a bit (which was to be expected), I was unable to reproduce the noracost bug. If it happens to other people as well, I'll try to look into it more!
    Also when you say: " I screw up the abilities, when I remove one some things won't work", can you tell me more explicitly what doesn't work anymore for you?

Edit: I'll take a look into that! I also noticed that you were able to submit without having a rarity selected (last one), so that's a bug I could reproduce and wil fix!

Edit2: even after adding the stats at the end I still wasn't able to reproduce, weird stuff!

8. IronStylus

It shows now a 'rarity' word in the .gif link at the top of page (2nd link of light wisp);
    about abilities: in the first champ i was messing with adding and removing abilities and they eventually showed up as doubled in the preview (one with no description text), but i could remove the original ability from the list. The doubled was left until i refreshed.
    What also doesn't work for me is the back button: it doesn't back to creator screen, but it takes me back to previous viewed runes (for example, clicked from the links from this thread).
    The abilities seem to work now. I'm not sure what was wrong. If i find exactly what I done I will tell you! now I gtg.

9. Poxpoints

Fixed:
    - Bug where it wouldn't show tooltip on first ability of second upgrade set
    - The layout a little bit cross-browsers already, so if the text is longer than there is space available it will not show
    - Bug where it would let you link to your rune without having a rarity selected

@IronStylus Ah, the doubled abilities occured to me when I was developing, but I thought I fixed it! Probably I forgot to add the fix on one of the upgrades set, will check tomorrow!

The back-button acting strange is something I've noticed too, I think it'll be easy to fix that (but don't quote me on it, haha!)

EDIT:
    Fixed:
    - Bug where when removing a base ability the other abilities wouldn't move correctly

EDIT2:
    Overwriting the back-button is apparently bad practice, so I'll just add a button "Create another rune", that will take you back!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    Gnomes and IronStylus like this.
  10. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

God freaking damn man. Make a link so I can donate to you.

Edit: just noticed the link :)

Poxpoints likes this.
  11. Poxpoints

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!

I'll try to do some more updates, but the 4th of march I'm gone for a month, and after that I'll be fairly busy with starting up a business!

Eitherhow, I'll try to keep everyone posted when I'm pushing more updates. Before I leave I want to at least make it more cross-browser-compatible and show all the abilities with their description etc. on the final linked rune and let it update the noracost on the link when you change updates! No promises though, as I can't guarantee I'll be able to finish that before I leave!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    Gnomes likes this.
  12. Poxpoints

I found a bit of spare time and figured I'd finish this little project.
    There are still a few small bugs, but all round I'm pretty happy with the state of it.

After generating the link, you can keep using the specific link shown in your address bar to check out your rune.

Enjoy!

Tweek516 and Gnomes like this.
  13. diahru

diahru The King of Potatoes

This is a awesome Tool!
    I wonder why anyone haven't made a rune creator for Poxnora earlier?

14. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    super71 likes this.
  15. Poxpoints

Probably because it's a fair bunch of work, haha!

Tweek516 likes this.
  16. Poxpoints

My script automatically adds those. It normally means that those special characters are being read as text, otherwise it would cause a lot of problems, ofcourse they shouldn't be visible in the preview so something went wrong there!

The text not being entirely visible should be easy to fix though!

If I find some time I'll take a look into it, but it might take a bit!

17. fogandsteel

I see. I didn't mean to say that slashes were visible in preview; I meant that the text at the bottom wasn't cut/obscured in preview.

18. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Where is hunter: titan?

19. fogandsteel

I think he should have "Hunter: Everything".

20. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

thank you