salaman bg

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by oyo97, Sep 8, 2015.

1. oyo97

oyo97 I need me some PIE!

Since few people asked me here is my current salaman bg using no spells and nora pearls:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Sokolov, Anima26 and Goyo like this.
  2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

How do you like it with the Pearls?

3. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

It is interesting, but the lack of reach bothers me. So I tend to stick with spell-based versions.

4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

On a related note, is there any chance of FS getting access to Craft?

Or do Pearls and self-destructive equips like Pulsing Globule, Swampwasp Nectar, and Twisting Emerald preclude that possibility?

I of course understand not wanting to spread "defining" abilities around too much, but with Equips becoming a supported Theme in FS...

5. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

I was gonna try this, but I'm still not convinced that giving up spells is worth it in FS. I'm running a pretty standard Salaman bg with no Sentry, Picket, or Daredevil and so far it's lost only a couple games in Legendary. If you haven't tried him, I would suggest Salaman Trapper. I legitimately think he's borderline OP w his Ingenuity.

Ohmin and Sirius like this.
  6. doubtofbuddha

7. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

A lot, I started my bg this way and will keep it.
    Only issue is spot damage, but I use ap and relics to generate it.

I find if your opponent is careless with spells you get a great benefit, it they know how to read the cost/effectiveness of pearls they know when to use spells.

Ending note, I love how different they are with pearls to a normal play style, I do find I rely on shadows spawn for surprise damage however I like how unique they are.

oyo97 and Bellagion like this.
  8. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

It's kinda cool, but aren't they a bit weak this way, power wise? No Poisonous Fumes, no PHS, none of the usual spell crutches. As was already mentioned, you normally need the reach to catch fleeing champions. I haven't seen Tortun Land Cannon in that list either.

9. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Well, it does leave stuff, salaman elites are good cleanup.

I do lose power, with poison trap and flash bang or whirlpool I play annoyingly. Like whirlpool and antagonise. Then reclaim it later and double attack a champ.

Like, I'll have a game with you and you can see how I play (if I'm bad don't murder me)

I so sacrifice certain utility, but gain Nora and well, I don't clutch on many spells, I play odd spells unless I'm directly Making a meta.

Edit: do note, you deploy alot more champions.
    edit 2: 50 nora for 10 damage? lol nope. simply lol nope. any good player will avoid the canon after 1 hit, so i will not use it out of arrogance and stubbornness

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  10. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

The Cannons deal 10 damage and then they form a zone the opponent wants to avoid. You can make use of that as well, albeit with difficulty. Also, Reclaim Relic on Appraiser. But still, it's a "spell" that isn't a spell. But yeah, it's kinda bad.

11. DivineMajority

DivineMajority The King of Potatoes

How competitive are Salamans really now after this past expansion, giving Salmans a couple new good units to utilize? For example, can it be played in top 10, top 50, top 100, ect.

12. oyo97

Salaman are in a very good spot i think. Like a cool and unique theme with its own powers but far from op. I like it without spells just cause it fits the theme so well and nora pearls did made the difference more than once

Leadrz likes this.
  13. oyo97

nope i found out i did not owned this one until now :) will do

Bellagion likes this.
  14. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

bump. how are salaman working with new runes/expac? i have not seen them get played at all

15. doubtofbuddha

FS is not seeing a ton of play at the moment, but I think that this expansion will be really good for them. Lots of fun new relics, and nora pearls (For the no-spell version of the bg), just got a nice buff.

Gnomes likes this.
  16. doubtofbuddha

The 20 nora relic which gives weaken spells in aoe and the watershed anchor are both good. Also Sacred Temple giving come into play impenetrable is fantastic. You can essentially use it as a cycling relic, to power up champions with reclaim relic.

Gnomes likes this.
  17. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Nice! Any one with bg examples?

18. Joodi

Joodi New Member

Playing a little with Salamans, current bg :

Attached Files:

Gnomes likes this.
  19. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

I'm also interested in salamans atm, trying to come up with a bg. I'm wondering why no1 runs 2 nora pearls? Locking down spells is such a major thing imo... and if your opponent is dumb enough to spam spells, you win the game!

Also, whos the usual target of Amulet and Nectar?

I don't really like nectar, I think twisted emerald is superior and synergises well with dervish (except dont equip him with it or it wont activate twisted essense).

And I really don't get why no1 is running Darkmarsh helm, I really enjoy the surprise dmg, you can easly pull off some 40+ dmg with it...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  20. doubtofbuddha

Spells provide a lot of reach for a bg. I personally tend to include a few key spells but tend to crutch a bit more on relics/equipment.
    That being said, when salaman were popular @Flyingfinn and PooiPants were both running spell-less Salaman bgs in the area around the Top 10.
    Once the new salaman comes out in the midterm, I intend to focus on experimenting with salaman almost exclusively and am almost certainly going to make looking at spellless decks a big part of that.