salaman bg

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by oyo97, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

If you're missing range, pop in a poison dart. I like to use it on the commando as an assassinate alternative. Ranged attack and insta-stealth!

Ohmin and Gnomes like this.
  2. fingreen

fingreen The King of Potatoes

I'm just away from the game for way too long... and the game is laggier then ever for me...
    Wonder how to make it not to lag so badly.

Everything felt so new to me especially initiative and reinforce seems useless now...
    how do people play with those now? It feels that slaman needs quiet a few turn to setup... but all melee seems really bad for setting up a good fight.
    I really need a lot of help~

3. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Initiative and reinforce are both still useful as far as abilities go, it does depend on whether theyre on the right champ though, theyre expensive abilities. Theyre great if ur opponent is aggressing towards any of your deployment zones. Things like Skywing Rumblers, Dead Fairy, Skeez Alchemist see plenty of play. Are you playing on the Steam client or the other one? I find the Steam one to be problematic for lag and stuff so i do not use it personally. Anyway, welcome back, try not to let the little things bug you too much. Pox is still greatness incarnate. There is also a common memory leak issue, i believe its memory leak anyway, the longer youre logged on to the client the more likely it is to lag. I often have to quickly relog to reset the lag ha ha. :)

4. Atherhog

I'm not a fan of initiative or reinforce on Salaman. Daredevil can be useful to get of skewer, but I'm not that impressed.
    It takes a few turns to set up for sure, but when you do... POW... BAM... BIFF

I try to use flashbangs to stall the opponent whilst I get ready.
    Berkchani can stack multiple blocks/dodges so has good survivability.

I play by sitting back and spamming arcblade on Elite and waiting to powerturn Dervish and Hunter. I don't know if that works in general, but I do ok.

I still don't know how to deal with range, it annoys me :(

Alakhami likes this.
  5. Qucas

Qucas Guest

What do you guys take on Elite?

6. Atherhog

I'm now running swap and encouraged.

Qucas likes this.
  7. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Swap and lightning storm, though swap and encouraged is really solid too.

Qucas likes this.
  8. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Thank you. I'll run two and test out both encouraged and lightning storm.

9. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Well you should be running 2 so that makes sense. I always preferred encouraged but I have not play them in a bit.

10. fingreen

fingreen The King of Potatoes

keep losing... i just don't know enough runes to make good calls on this now... there are too many runes to learn

11. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

keep trying, eventualy you will catch up. Remember of always reading your enemy champs abilities. Also watching a few games is great to learn some moves. Salaman isn't that easy to do well, but there's only one way to learn.

12. Atherhog

13. 4NIK8

Who usually gets the Swamptouch?

Very similar to mine, except I included Negamage (dispel, magic dmg and sever summons), Berkiani (anti range, anti wrath) and left Dervish out.

14. Atherhog

Dervish gets Swamptouch, can be devastating and destroys 2x2's if timed well.

I found that I didn't need Berk with the improved Fire Salaman, but I miss him because he's cool.

Negamage is good, I should probably find a way to put him back into my BG.

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Typically little boys get swamptouched.

Tee hee

16. 4NIK8

I love Dervish in a IS split. Give him Sunder Axe and every atk will do the same damage. If your target is not dead by the time your out of AP (unlikely) it will have around -4 and -8 def making it extremly easy to one shot with any other champ.

When I play salaman in FF FS I think he offers little compared to other champs, like another commando and one more Poison Dart/Darmarsh/Goading Mask or something else.

Lol @Cydna

17. Atherhog

poison dart is well worth considering 2x. But dervish also gives another detect option, mountaineer can be useful and he makes short work of many 2x2's.

18. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Yeah, I am also not a big fan of Dervish in FF. In splits you can do some crazy stuff with him, but otherwise I would rather just have a soldier or whatever. I also am focused a lot on enabling endless power turns, and swamptouch amulet is not good for that task, so I tend to not include it in my Salaman bgs either. 2x poison dart and 2x gold sand is the core of my equipment.

19. Atherhog

Even without swamptouch, his dmg output is pretty huge on powerturns. I'm on my phone, but I think you can have in at 16 dmg without swamptouch. That's what? 40dmg or more on a single turn. I also think mountaineer is great, people forget about it and this allows for surprise attacks.

20. DrownerOfHope

DrownerOfHope New Member