Savage Tundra: Coalitions Discussion

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by KingJad, May 11, 2015.

1. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

What are your opinions on the recently released Coalitions runes? Do you see any nerfs incoming? Do you think some runes are below the bar bad? Are you satisfied with the attention the Savage Tundra has received?

2. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

The lonx looks very cool.
    The frostseer is much to expensive for 10 damage 0 def 40 hp. Won't see much play.
    Frostwing hunter looks plain boring. It has init/blitz but only 2 range.
    Elemental Core looks like a op meta rune but doesn't contribute anything to the elemental/jakei theme.
    Overall not very promising

Goyo likes this.
  3. KingJad

Completely agree with all of this straight off the bat especially the ele being an op meta rune but I may have to give the frostseer another look. Maybe if jakei actually become a theme I'd start looking into that. I dream of a runnable frostwing glaive.

4. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

the frostwing was the only one I looked at closely, it has zeal to potentially give it a bit of damage and it is cheaper than the wizened wren ( the other init flier ) so maybe it will be ok but not to optimistic. I don't have one but the harb still seems to be the best flying init champ because of the range. the core seems like it could be the best of the new runes, the new spell does seem a bit interesting as it could provide some healing and/or extra damage (was thinking on chronomancer for extra heals after its been hasting for a bit ) but not sure if it would be worth the rune slot or the nora in a bg. the new relic does give jakei a bit of terrain control so it could be useful for controlling the map.

5. mortal ix

mortal ix I need me some PIE!

Only thing that looks interesting to me is the lonx facilitator. I mean are they ever gonna make ST less bland? Then with the HP nerfs to so many champs. Either they let us have a reason for being the faction with meaty champs or give us a different faction bonus. I mean alot of champs in other factions have 55-60 hp on BASE! Im just smh and wondering wth the devs are thinking.

6. KingJad

The frostwing is far from bad I just don't think the champ design is interesting. HUGE difference. What do you think of the new equipment. I think its definitely earned a spot in my coalitions test bg.

7. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Meh runes. I'm still waiting for Ferren and Strig to get a lift up!

8. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

The equip seems interesting, the closest comparision I can think of is the withering fern but the fern adds minus defense while the collar gives backloaded benefits. Maybe it is the fact I'm used to the fern but that defense stacking up seems more useful. Would be interesting to hear what you think after using it a bit

9. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

This is how I feel as well. Overall not very excited or satisfied...

10. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

Facilitator looks combo-hilarious. Throw a kite on him and if you can steal something good toss kite to someone else, deploy and laff.

11. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

To be completely honest the only one I disliked was the Frostwing, that thing couldnt be blander. I hoped all the commons on the game were like this, would open up a lot of design space.
    The elemental is the best one, obviously. Meta runes will be meta, though.
    Overall, I liked the release, and wish all the runes from all factions looked like this.
    Howerver, still not enough to make me come back or acquire the runes, for which Im sad.

12. KingJad

I'm excited that I can finally remove yeti scout from my lonx bgs. Lonx now have a source of equip removal.

JellyBerry and Beasts for life like this.
  13. Pedeguerra

Yeah, that was nice indeed. And Elemental Core might be the strongest of the bunch.
    However, our patch was terrible compared to others. I mean, seriously, who suggested those changes? BIG WTF.

14. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

you and iajabmaka should make a guild

15. KingJad

No I agree with pede quite a few of those changes were just o_O. the hero changes were needed though.

The detection on snowcats now is pretty interesting.

mortal ix likes this.
  16. KingJad

Elemental core will be nerfed pretty soon. I've been trying to come up with a way to efficiently stack defense since he can only be attacked once per champ and he has good defense. Catalyst frost makes him even better and makes your opponent think twice about attacking the champ at all.

17. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Iajab has the same zealosy about IS :p and IS got hit hard as well apparently

18. KingJad

Well the equips aren't meant to be identical so while the negative defense stacking is very useful so is the returned Nora investment with the collar. You will almost always get a fairly good return on your initial investments and its helps to prevent that one champ from being equipped with a buff equip(ISisOP).

TL;DR it's worth experimenting with at least x1 because it builds you up a lump sum of Nora while slowly killing champs.

19. Pedeguerra

Detection on snowcat is nice but remember, stealth has been nerfed, so detection might not be as needed as before. However, that was the best change on the patch - so again, who the f*** came up with this patch for ST? Honestly.

Edit: also iskandak, Im nothing against Iajab. You saying I should be in the same guild as him due to "zealotry" shows your complete lack of knowledge towards me.

mortal ix likes this.
  20. KingJad

What is pilgrimage even? No what champ fills a support role and a combat role big enough to merit having Quest damage and Quest support ally besides Juya pre-nerf.