skeleton tier list

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by DiCEM0nEY, Jan 31, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I run him in use his aoe, retreat back a few spaces and put some meat in between him and enemy champs, which skellys have plenty of.

2. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Updated 926.

3. super71

Bonemauler- If you can keep him alive long enough he's very very good, i've had games where I put bone circle staff on him and he got so strong he was smacking bastion for 23 an attack.

Skeletal sniper- Severely under rated in skellys, ranged sunder or strike, punish and forsaken exploit on range, aim puts his damage at 12 6 range with precision. I run him with strike and forsaken exploit, puts him at 14 damage from range 6.

Void howler- On death aoe, 1-2 range with a dot and an aura, his damage potential is actually quite high.

Gravewatcher- ..... It's a free revive of an expensive unit, I often use this on baron

Broken bones- Just is terrible now, the split clause is just so easily played around now that he's only worth a deploy to grab close fonts or side fonts.

Bone slaves- Most the skelly summons are just garbage now

Bone guard infantry- Low damage, low speed, low attack, low defense, the only nice thing is how cheap he is, again to grab a side font otherwise he's fodder for things like medal.

Fadewisp- 2 ranged dots, precision, flight and an alt ranged attck

Reaper- Should be higher than tier 3

Bone shredder- I run him with zeal:defense and I throw bone cloak on him

4. DiCEM0nEY

I don't see why I'd use skeletal sniper over tomblord. Bone shredder better for sunder imo.

I run boneshredders with calcify and stun. Stun for the cc and calcify for bone cloak. All upgrades are at the least decent, tho it's hard to justify new bulwark.

Broken bones still strong for cost. try using sac altar if u still struggle to find value.

Utterdark has too high a cost to be deployed viably. Tomblord is more central, and crossbones has a more important debuff (and precision). If I wanted soul tap, id probably just add an are to eye and skip over bone ele detection.

Grave watcher isn't free. you give a free revive to your opponent, and u have to be next to the unit, which most times means ur going to have to deploy the core at +40 nora. And it isn't a hidden effect. I prefer reanimate in skellies. Grave watcher better for coragh, and that's really it imo.

Void howler p rocs are too difficult to get off. It it worked with sac altar it would be a better rune imo.

Bone mauler costs too much, and basically outclassed by bbb

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

What do you mean by this?

It does: Sac Altar is, funny enough, a destroy effect, and based on what I can tell the LoL from Altar happens before the Howl, so you basically have 27 life reach.. And no, I don't think that they are that hard to get -- so long as you are running Throw Bones, which is a must with Voidhowler. Makes it a completely viable champ. Solid t1.5 meta, at least.

6. DiCEM0nEY

I've tested it b4, and it didn't

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

You tested wrong then because it does.

8. DiCEM0nEY

u absolutely sure? because I did test in the old client, not the new one. specifically, sac altar.

9. themacca

yeah i did lots of testing with void howler. its a weird ability that seems to always calculate itself last

10. super71

Didn't death nova skeletons used to summons 4 skellys and they were stronger ?

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Death Nova did used to summon four, but was 6 nora more expensive (which means that it's actually a hair cheaper per-skeleton, now); no, they were never any stronger or weaker than they are now. The current Undead Warrior template has been consistent for years -- same one that gets pooped out of Wake the Dead and Graveyard.

12. super71

Are you sure about the summons ? I really remember them being stronger but I could just be remembering something else. Didn't know it was 6 nora more expensive for one more summon, wow.

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Positive.

Cost went from 20 to 14 when it lost the fourth summon. Considering that it makes up a large part of the champion's purpose, though, you could still slice it as a nerf.

14. super71

Ah okay, yeah he was still relatively cheap if I remember before even with the 4th summon.

15. themacca

this would be a really good time to check the summons guide ;)

16. super71

Why only sniper or tomblord, why not both ?

Bone shredders are very good, extra meat with the relic, and pretty tanky.

Broken bones value is inflated due to the current map rotation, without fonts being so close he'd be useless and a stat buffer for opponents.

Utter dark is high yes, then again you gain noa from soul tap, and it has 2 dots so the damage is exceptional.

Grave watcher is still worth it in my opinion especially when I deploy an expensive skelly.

Void howler works with throw bones,and gore splosion which is typically what I do as it's double death aoe. Repurpose and rite abilities also work, their are many ways you can get void howler to trigger on your turn and make it work to your advantage. Sac altar doesn't work though, not anymore.

Bone mauler is expensive indeed, but worth it if you can get a few attacks off and heal him.

Just my thoughts

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  17. DiCEM0nEY

That's very weird. Does it proc on summons? I'll have to try it again, Idk what happened when I tried it anymore.

18. DiCEM0nEY

I just can't justify his low damage output, vulnerability, and cost. In all seriousness though, you could probably get me to run 1x pyro the patient. He actually looks decent. Is he a campaign reward by chance?

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I just want to note that using Voidhowler with either of those spells is explicitly abusing a bug, because they should be Sacrifice effects according to text and intent.

No, Voidhowl does not generate champions when killing either summons or friendlies.

Sniper is going to become the same as Pyro in the next patch -- the extra Aim on Sniper's base is getting removed.

20. super71

Doesn't work with sac altar