skeleton tier list

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by DiCEM0nEY, Jan 31, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I stopped paying attention to bug abusing years ago, it's honestly too hard keeping up with either, and the text and intent of this game is and always has been a grey area or a thin line. Also I haven't tested goresplosion recently or repurpose, they might not even work anymore i'm testing gore now in single player.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I disagree with that line of thinking in this particular case, but I don't think I or anyone else is going to do anything about it.

3. super71

Goresplosion doesn't even work anymore, you can disagree with it, but at the same time the text is basically whatever sok interprets it as whether it's right or wrong. I mean sok still thinks we have great descriptions on runes, so i'm not holding my breath.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Which I might entertain as an argument were there not an incredibly explicit and intentional distinction between "sacrifice" and "destroy" that was created for exactly the situations we have been discussing.

I don't think he has ever said this, and has on the contrary recognized that Pox rune descriptions need cleaning up because they can be inconsistent or unclear.

5. super71

Check out every equip in the game on the website and tell me if you were brand new if you'd have any idea what the hell was going on. You can go through every equip in the game on the site, and you will notice it just says what ability it grants but not what these things do.

Actually he has fought me tooth and nail every time I have brought up poor text descriptions.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This is a different issue from the text itself, although the current lack of tool-tip popups on the website is infuriating.

Can you give an example or a quote from somewhere? Because he basically acknowledged that this thread (http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/rewriting-a-bunch-of-abilities.19213) could/should happen, and it involves a ton of rewriting.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  7. super71

I don't get any tooltips on the actual poxnora website, do you get it through the client ?

I have no idea, I made posts about it a while ago and wouldn't even know where to begin as it was months ago maybe longer.

Also sac altar doesn't summon void howlers, just tested it 3 times in game.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah, you get all of them in the client. I don't think that excuses having them on the site, but at least the PS4 players don't have to deal with it.

Good to know, thanks for the data -- you have scenario so we have a standard to test against in future patches?

9. super71

Steam poxnora client or the actual poxnora client ?

I was just playing in single player and used sac altar to trigger the death, and kill one of the voil during a daily. I believe the altar damage triggers first and that doesn't technically count as a kill for the howler, maybe if the altar hit and then the howler finished it with it's death aura it might work not sure.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Oh, ok -- I never expected actual Altar damage to count as a Howler kill.

I've never used the Steam client, so not sure if that would make a difference. I just mean that they show up in-game. Have not seen anyone say otherwise.

11. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I believe super is quoted saying "good luck with that logic " iirc, which was quite funny, I can't remember if it was necessary but i remember it being funny.

super71 likes this.
  12. DiCEM0nEY

Thx, I remember using sac altar, and it flat out did not proc the on death dunk in (despite logically it should have)

super71 likes this.
  13. super71

You shouldn't have to get in game to know what your runes are gonna do, I'll also have to check again to see if the tool tips work in game, last time I checked they did not show for me.

14. DiCEM0nEY

skg.PNG
    here's my current "skeleton deck". @kalasle

Easiest runes to swap out are crawling corpse (try pyro patient, skeleton bezerker, or utterdark fadewisp) Mobi (try a duplicate/new spell or relic), 2nd tomblord (tormented priest with boost), and collar (shrive from Tormented priest).

I chose sac altar over soul bane, but both probably would work.​

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  15. DiCEM0nEY

Updated tier list 10/14, check 2nd post for changes

16. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I have had great luck with this build
    upload_2017-11-28_1-13-6.png

17. DiCEM0nEY

Looks very strong

OriginalG1 likes this.
  18. DiCEM0nEY

I'd definitely get rid of masons spire for an extra equip - ennervating collar, pestilence, and mindflayer are probably the best changes. Mindflayer is very strong on bbb, bone ele and boneshredder if you run calcify scale or zeal. I personally don't like hoarfrost dragon, i might take him out in favor of a utility: anathema, pestilence or crossbones might be nice.

You also might want execution order, since this deck is very melee heavy.

I love broken bones with rabid right now, he cd is so low, I'm not sure 2x is necessary.

Also, you have no magic damage, I think soul reave might be safer than altar, or consider adding lerper /toll taker. I think soul reave is pretty meme though, I've never really liked it, I find it isn't usually worth the price tag.

Also, maybe animated blade, just for shattering at 64 nora. Plus you have two bone mines, and two graveyards, which help him gain health and contest

Questions,

Does excavator have punishing?

Does bbb have surge? Dictate?

Does bonewing have rebuke?