The Boghopper Bistro.

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Anima26, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

You did have one more loss last night as well. :D:D:D:D:D

2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Yeah. @Pedeguerra kicked my butt last night. I changed the deck up with the patch and it took longer to get used to than I was expecting. I also learned that trying to chat with my girlfriend while playing Pox leaves us both dissatisfied. Went 0-3 before good ole Kernok gave me my first win of the night and I started chatting less and focusing more. :D

I am sure the deck is either good or a couple of changes away from being good.

3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Deck is solid. On our match you could have used a better lineup of champs, you were missing a tank in there.

4. doubtofbuddha

Yes! Even with the number of tanks I have, sometimes you just don't draw them.

5. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I'm not saying forced Reconstruction is a better spell than Marsh song. I just prefer it over Marsh song because FS doesn't have Nora issues already so I just see no need in including it. Forced Reconstruction gives you a summoned misshapen Boghopper that comes with upgrades and comes into play with initiative one. It's too good to pass up

6. Joodi

Joodi New Member

I was wondering if Finlord's Neophyte would be a good addition to that bg, doubtofbuddha? Seems like a valid healing champion.

Otherwise I've been looking at Marsh Warden and I like the champion even tho I havent tried him. I got 900 shards and dont know what to make. But anyway doesnt people rate Marsh Warden or?

7. doubtofbuddha

Marsh Song turns FS's already strong nora advantage into one that is positively crushing. It is not about dealing with problems, but taking an already incremental advantage and making it even more overwhelming real. Forced Reconstruction is good. I used it willingly before it got changed to a sacrifice effect. However, I don't think it provides enough of an advantage to stand out over Marsh Song. Maybe instead of Lost Echoes.

8. doubtofbuddha

I think Marsh Warden is too expensive for what he does. I do like Finlord's Neophyte though. I was looking at him long and hard before I settled on the Dark Marsh Instigator.

9. Joodi

Joodi New Member

Yeah maybe, but with Detection and Logistics: Flanking he is down to 79 nora and I feel those are the best upgrades too. And a potential of 8 spd with both good melee and decent range attacks. He is maybe better in a poison thematic bg tho.

10. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Hes not bad. High mobility and respectable damage, Arrowshot is a decent non basic attack if our deck is lacking in them for stuff like One With Nora. If you want detection though id rather run Shadow pesonally at a much cheaper nora cost, or just run Emergency Kit.

Neophyte is well worth running if you desire a good healer, he also tanks ok. You have to pass up Cleanse though really, which i hate, because u want Neophyte on him, its a good ability, and u want Kartch and Gekaal out so u can take advantage of Neophyte. I like running 2x Neophytes when i do play him for consistency, i run him in a melee tank slot. Again Shaman is a cheaper option for healing though.

11. doubtofbuddha

The simple problem with both the shaman (and to a lesser extent) the Neophyte is the that Spawnpool Guardian just brings to much more in the healer role. Like you basically decide between the reduced cost and piddly ranged damage of the shaman, the tankiness of the Neophyte or the extra meat of the guardian, and when you have that contest I think the meat comes on top.

12. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

I don't understand people's dismissiveness to boghopper elite, he's a great rune. Your opponent will drop a ranged champ in response always because he has block 2. But he also has opportunistic assualt.. Try him!

13. izmocat

izmocat The King of Potatoes

can we get peoples best updated boghopper decks on here.

14. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

15. izmocat

I run something fairly similar to that already.

why no neophyte? why no shaman? I thought divine healing with command heal would be really strong?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  16. doubtofbuddha

17. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

that bg is just a throw away of the boghopper runes with something of racial synergy plus some meta runes that happen to be boghoppers.
    You could run shaman and neophyte instead of guardian and enforcer

18. izmocat

ok cool
    no destiny, drown or horn of order?

19. doubtofbuddha

Destiny is not mandatory. I hardly run Horn of Order. Drown is an oversight. I was walking to the train and realized I needed to drop something for it. Probably marsh song. I am going to post 2 more bgs later tonight.

20. izmocat

awesome.