The Boghopper Bistro.

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Anima26, Jun 7, 2015.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Actually, I would probably trade Bravado for Destiny. It is a better choice.

2. doubtofbuddha

3. doubtofbuddha

4. izmocat

izmocat The King of Potatoes

im just wondering why the healing bg has no shaman or spawnpool guardians? and what is the purpose of swampguard crusher in both bgs? otherwise they look good,

5. doubtofbuddha

The Neophyte has really large amounts of healing. Between him, the font, and the paladins you should be covered. Swampguard Defender gives +2 defense to all boghoppers within 5. In the first bg you are going to have a lot of hoppers so all the defense boosts add up. In the second you want to keep your high-quality champs alive so the +2 def is also handy for that.

6. izmocat

alright cool. what about runes like darkmarsh witch and siphon? how do they compare to the other runes in the bg?
    EDIT: and why is there no antiequip in these bgs?

7. doubtofbuddha

They are good and provide fair options. The thing that keeps me leaning towards the ranged champs I am using is the presence of dots (spitter, augur, and fury) or just massive dmg and utility (tide master). You can use them, and they are well enough, they just aren't as good as the ranged champs I am using, imo.

8. izmocat

any tips on playing the different bgs posted?
    EDIT: y no anti-equip?
    also which bg would you say was best? or are they all equal in their own right?

this is the deck I have built let me know what you think of it.
    upload_2016-2-9_18-54-16.png

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  9. Psilokibes

Psilokibes Devotee of the Blood Owl

Mmmm...

First of all I am not pro Boghopper (I run them mixed with other races) but looking ur deck I have some question:

1) Who will wear the horn of order?? I know is great equip but all ur champs are full of skills so no much free AP for inspire others... maybe just the shaman but he is so slow that not sure if he will be at the best position for use it. Not sure, how it works for u?
    2) I miss Darkmarsh Fury with burn for extra DOT... maybe change 1 spiter for it. Or try him with fury, can be a good treat for ur oponent.
    3) Did u try the boghopper Paladin? I think he is a good semitank for early nora font contest and a semi water generator for drown (not very realiable cos it generates it at the end of ur turn so not allways the opponent will stay)
    4) I prefer Backfire Boon over Backfire: for 15 nora plus (ok, 60 nora could be expensive...) u get a 15hp GLOBAL heal. It works for me.
    5) Hippos are great, but sometimes a double stun is better: try Reverberating Blast instead of one of the hippos.
    6) Sacred Temple doesn´t work on deployment so not sure if it is the best source of cleaning... not sure what could be better ( I play with an Angel =p )

Hope it can help u try new things and improve ur Deck ^^.

Goyo likes this.
  10. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Been away from the game for abit but im back now.
    Put this deck together after going through all the changes and stuff. Havent tested in actual play yet though so itll change to better deal with the meta after i do.

Untitled.png

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  11. Anima26

Darkmarsh Siphon

So whats the general idea with this guy? I dont really know why i should run him over a Fury or Augur or Spitter or Tide Master.

Hes a ranged psychic damage (which is fairly rare in Boghoppers) thats a bit tankier than the usual FS ranged options thanks to 1 def, a few extra hit points and a source of self healing.

Mind Siphon is a cool ability but smart opponents will just wait to one round it. I guess it does work quite well to a degree as a deterrent for poke.

He also has access to Distract which can be useful, but most decks that are weak to Distract run Cleanse. Theres also Energy Thief which i have not tried at all.

Leap 3 and Life Siphon seems decent to me, in a deck that has some access to damage increases such as Battlemaster, Quest: Kill, Guarded, Drive and Banner. Heal Self and Regen seem too slow.

Hes also a Wizard so u can run Tome if u want.

What are peoples opinions on this dude now hes been around a while and people have had a chance to properly try him out. Is he just better in Psychic amp decks?

12. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

i have not even found a place for him in psychic cause there are much better firks.

Goyo likes this.
  13. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

And abilities under the opponent control are undervalued by me.

Anima26 likes this.
  14. Anima26

Yeah he wasnt appealing to me either, it just makes me sad because hes new, hes a darkmarsh boghopper and his artwork is cool. Shame.

Edit: Im just going to make a Boghopper variant that accommodates him just for fun.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  15. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Consider the redesigned Darkmarsh Warsong. It's pretty amazing.

Anima26 likes this.
  16. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

So is anyone using Outlaws anymore or what?

17. prymusedek

prymusedek I need me some PIE!

I am. They are awesome xd

guokamoli54 likes this.
  18. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

at the moment i'm running something like this, focused on healing.
    Nuova immagine bitmap.jpg

It's very straitghforward and has few tricks, but i like it and i found it very balanced and solid. I'm testing the double bloodoftheswamp, and i like it. You spawn quite a lot of units and it helps a lot to keep alive people to be healed. less useful vs bgs that focus on oneturning champs.

19. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

Do find that it m

Is blessing of the river that good to run 2x? How has that spell worked out for you?

20. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

it stacks so its working very well. still its quite a bit of nora investment, but with all the heals you can pull out a +10HP on all units is nice.