the kf effect

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polltroy, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Finally another KF player boasting high intelligence!

2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Escalation for all KF champs? I don't think trolling is the appropriate word for this.

RedScarlet, Vorian and SaintKiwi like this.
  3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Polltroy, could you work on your writing and formatting? In particular, use of the comma and sentence construction. You might have some good ideas, but it's so mentally taxing to parse what you're saying that I can't get through anything you write.

4. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

quality memeing itt

5. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I saw the title, i was curious so i open the thread and just saw this:
    [​IMG]

And i was like

[​IMG]

Then i saw:

[​IMG]

Poltroy, vorian
    [​IMG]

6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Thank you OP. You are now the 2nd person on my ignore list, and Vorian is trying hard to get in there.

7. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Who is the first?

8. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Me

9. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

Soooo many problems with this post, but let's start here. Who is "we"?

10. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

seems like a while ago with nexus portal and all the struggle to defend that nerf

11. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

suuwoo is legion

SaintKiwi likes this.
  12. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Explain to me how I possibly buffed KF into the position it is now, PLEASE expose the truth here. Cause even I'm in the dark about this..
    I had 15 changes in the time i was the KF council PCR leader, I nerfed Treefolk into the shoebox abyss, which was a huge mistake on my part.. But no one is *****ing about treefolk anymore, except the treefolk players..
    Then I did some minor changes to Garu/Fae and then I had proposed 1 major overhaul buff to Bowmage on my last PCR as well as the nerfs that took place in Elves (which in the end was over-seen by Sokolov, koodos to him for pushing in those nerfs.) In total that's 11 nerfs and 4 buffs (one of which didnt even make it in)

KF's position in the meta was sealed when the revamp happened, nothing I did in the Council reflected my meta BG's or what I was playing.
    You saying I made KF op to get BM (Several months later) is the biggest joke I've heard in a while, and I watch these forums every day for Bane Shift like this and you provide me with the power.
    If you're salty I keep calling you out on your bullshit, please find another method of bringing me down, cause this isn't working. In fact it's just making you and Polltroy look like bigger fools.

I'm getting sick of your Bane Shift, Vorian. Polltroy is a different realm of the universe when he posts his bullshit. But this personal attack you've set on me isn't going to get you where you think it will.
    People may or not respect what I have to say most of the time, because it's mostly truth. But in this instance I think people will agree with me, you should probably just shut the Firk up.

Pattn199, Etherielin, Leadrz and 4 others like this.
  13. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

I dont know so much about the players council politics and dont want to get involved in that discussion between you and vorian, but as one of the most powerfull kf players, both by rank and by players council, should you not take a stand against this nerf of kf bonus? Regardless of the bs about speed being op and kf getting compensated on speed later etc, lets just look on pure numbers. Kf speed is worth 8 nora and the new ability they give is worth 2 nora. All other factions have around 8 nora in main FF bonus. New kf bonus is not thematic, its for hordes of moga or goblins, not fragile elves. Should that not be enough for u to take a stand for kf, to try to give us at least something powerfull in line with other factions? Or at least make the devs have to present some hard evidence that the kf bonus needs nerf, like some meta statisitcs that show kf is op? Because from my point of view, SOK is quiet since i asked him for the one small data that could indicate if kf is truly op or not. If he does not want to show this particular data, should he not at least present some other data to show the same? Or we all kf players, acc to you, deserver to get nerfed just because u and some other guy made it to the top with kf? There are alot of kf players out there who struggle to get beyond rare or exo and they dont care if u are rank 1 or 2. Dont u realize you are the one who can take a stand against this bs now, u are the one with most influence. It will be your fault later if u didnt try to stop this, when kf gets nerfed and alot of players quit the faction or the game or just cant compete with the runes they have collected for years.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  14. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

oy, this guy

Pattn199 likes this.
  15. HiveLord

HiveLord I need me some PIE!

Polltroy. You keep mentioning "It's gonna be 2 Nora, the others are 8 Nora"

Did you seriously miss the part where ALL of the Faction Bonuses are going to be changed and nerfed?
    It's not JUST KF.

They are weakening ALL of them to give themselves more wiggle-room for future development. Please please please stop acting like KF is being singled out.
    KF is just getting a slightly larger tap than the others because Speed is the strongest stat in the game.

They've said repeatedly that they intend to keep the "fast" feel of KF, but just by using other means more in lines with what the other factions will have.
    Key part there is "WILL HAVE", not what they have now, but what they will have after the Faction Bonus changes.

chickenpox2 likes this.
  16. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I will feel bad for FS because they have one of the weaker faction bonus comparatively if they get bonus nerf FS
    GG

SlickDragon likes this.
  17. polltroy

I dont see anyone talking about nerfing the other faction bonuses down to 2 nora-ish. And if they truly wanted to, they could find something more thematic for kf and they coukd leave our split bonus untouched. Everyone on forums (haters) keep saying kf is op and it must be put down. Thats what the devs are doing now, nothing else. If they want to nerf all faction bonuses, they should do it all at once. Not just pick one by one. How can we even discuss this nerf if its to be compared to all other nerfed bonuses?

18. HiveLord

Ok, that answers that, you DID miss the part where they said they are working on reducing ALL of the other Faction bonuses AT THE SAME TIME.
    The only reason the KF one is being brought up more is quite literally because YOU are bringing it up more.

KF isn't being singled out. People are talking about the Faction Bonuses for all of the Factions, you just don't see it because you're so focused on KF.
    There are multiple threads discussing other Faction Bonuses being changed, some people like the changes, some don't, but they are all being changed. It's not just KF.

Rest assured, they will ALL be reviewed, and they will ALL be implemented at the same time, and the Developers will try to make them as equal in power to each other as they can.

SPiEkY likes this.
  19. polltroy

From my computer, I see only one faction in the Cacature Crate, plus they want to speed buff IS and ST too. Maybe it looks different on your computer? I do howeer know that there was a thread earlier about nerfing all factions, but that thread was closed and only after that the KF nerf was put out. So yea it pretty much looks like they plan to nerf KF only at this point and maybe then later, sometime in the far future, look over all factions again, including KF and nerf them all again. But that seems to be almost canceled for now.

20. HiveLord

Well, either way, it's best to give them a chance to balance things how they want.

Then if things don't work the way they want it to, they'll adjust again.
    If they are focusing on the KF bonus, I'm confident they won't just change it and forget it, they'll monitor it to see how the change affects things, what needs to be tweaked, etc.

Either way, I think you've made your opinion known. Sokolov has responded to you personally multiple times, so you know they've heard your concerns, but they have a different vision for where to go with things. You've done all you can.