The Poxnora Spotlight: Jimmie1982

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darklord48, Jan 21, 2016.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

[​IMG]
    Full list: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/the-poxnora-spotlight-archive-and-requestlist.5591/

Today's interview is with @Jimmie1982. He recently returned to Poxnora after a hiatus.

What is your name or nick name in real life?
    Jimmie, or studmuffin, either way I'll answer.

What is the origin of your game/forum name(s):
    I originally signed up thinking it was an account name, not my actual in game name. I made a few pals quick and it stuck.

Where are you from and where do you live currently?
    I grew up in Oklahoma, a dirty poor kid living in the trees (probably why I favor KF). Now I live in Fort Collins, Colorado. Gorgeous place.

What do you do for a living, and do you enjoy it?
    I'm in the middle of a career change, but yes so far I love it. I had been in sales for the past 7 years, selling mostly industrial and technological services. Pay was nice, hours weren't.

What are you planning for your new career?
    I'm going into the restaurant business with my wife. (we're looking to start a food truck/catering service specifically) :)

How old are you?

How did you come across Pox Nora?
    I was searching for free-to-play games online and the artwork pulled me in.

How long have you played?
    Summer of 2007, but then I quit in 2010 or around there. Real life dictated that change.

Was that the beta or was it the release expansion? I started in 2008, which was the Shattered Peaks expansion.
    I want to say original release, but I don't remember for sure. I do know I procured a Beta Harbinger fairly easy haha. I remember you from the olden days. ;)

You recently returned, what brought you back?
    Digging through my photobucket account for some old artwork and was reminded how much I loved this game and its community. I have a LOT of old signatures from players that no longer seem to be here that I made for them. I miss those sexy nerds.

Before your return, when was the last time you played?
    I played a few campaigns over the SOE years, but I think my last actual game was in 2010.

What is your favorite faction and why?
    My go-to is KF, but I've played them all at one point or another. KF used to be fast(er) and was a lot of fun to play. The range, the speed, the meaty melee. I haven't been back long enough to rekindle that love, but look forward to trying. :)

Has this changed since your return?
    Not really.

Favorite part of Pox Nora and why?
    The community. People, most people, seem to be open minded and enjoy meeting and talking to new people here. Maybe that's not something ONLY in Pox, but it's what I like most about it. I have been away long enough I need to reestablish myself and make new connections here, but we all have that community thing in common.

What is the first rune you remember seeing and immediately wanting to have one?
    Menalaus, for undying obvious reasons. Now I'm seeing him in almost every KF deck but he used to be a little harder to get. He was also pretty powerful compared to most runes out there.

What is your best tip to give to new players?
    Don't be a beggar, don't spam in chat rooms and the forums. Pretty much don't act like this is your first time on the internet lol.

Do you feel like a new player after being gone for so long?
    Yes. Yes I do. So much has changed, and though I knew I'd be an unknown to many people I honestly thought more of the old players would still be here. It's sad really. :(

Is there a rune that you feel isn't utilized as much as it could be?
    Elder Garu should be a staple in KF decks[​IMG] <---Emphasis on that period, please.

I made it the largest font and colored it green. Is that enough Emphasis?
    Maybe, haha.

I replaced it with an image for more emphasis.
    That's better.

What is it about the Elder Garu that makes you want it in KF decks?
    He was the OG heavyweight champ for KF. Nothing like keeping a classic relevant, plus Bears Need Love Too.

I remember being more afraid of Mountain Garu than Elder Garu. Now he's not even good enough to make it on your signature. What would you change to buff him to playable status?
    Ask me again in a few months, and yes sadly Mountain Garu also seems bleh now. I'm currently running a KF/UD Garu Minotaur deck. For fun, of course. Not trying to make the new cookie cutter.

Besides Poxnora, do you have any additional hobbies?
    I consider myself a hobby artist. There was a time I wanted to get into gaming art. I've let that go, but with a few years of college digital illustration now I make a small amount off my art hobby. I'm also a Call of Duty player, PS4 because Xbone is for little kids and sponsored "gamers". I'm a family man and a chef in training. Soooo... yes, I have a few serious hobbies. :)

I assume that is your wife in your profile pic. You mentioned little kids, how many do you have?
    We have two children together, four total... 3 month girl, 2 year boy, 11 year boy and 13 year girl.

How is it having the 13 year old girl and 11 year old boy? I'm in for that in a few more years. Mine are 4 and 1 now. The prospect of a teenage girl frightens me.
    She's like I was growing up, so I find it pretty easy to handle. For now. I'm sure once she gets a little deeper into the social status thing like most girls around 16 or so do, it may be a different story. But for now she's awesome. My son as well. He is into sports now and gaming, plays CoD with me. Pretty easy actually. They can take care of themselves most of the time, haha.

What is your favorite dish to make for your wife?
    She says she loves when I make gyros and salads... Haha, all the easy stuff. But I think her favorite would probably be my grilled pulled pork and coleslaw sandwiches.

Do you make your own gyro meat?
    I do. That's key to anything tasting the best, make it yourself. ;)

Would you share a link to your preferred recipe?
    This is a pretty good recipe-- http://www.mygreekdish.com/recipe/s...-pita-breads-with-chicken-and-tzatziki-sauce/

Any secret to the pulled pork?
    I don't think there are many food secrets anymore lol. It's mostly dependent on how you cook it, and how you season it.

Is there anything else about yourself that you would like to share with the community?
    I was born in a meadow. Grew up on a volcano. Ate rattlesnakes until I could manage to kill a dragon, I was 6 by then. I like to play guitar, with my feet. I can balance exactly 400 #2 pencils on my rock hard abs while doing sit ups. I tame sharks for a living, when I'm not modeling. I once swam the Atlantic with my hands tied behind my back. The dolphins call me "pikaaaa erererrrr". I love them. I've arm wrestled, and beaten, exactly 3,875,206 (edit: 3,875,213) men, women... and children. Last week I bought Taco Bell for all of Syria. I was only shot once during that visit. Silly kids and their AK-47s.

I also once wrestled a giraffe to the ground with my bare hands.

Every man should be a legend, even if it's in their own mind.
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

Pattn199, Karmavore, soulmilk and 8 others like this.
  2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

As always, feel free to ask any questions you feel I have missed.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Pretty great. Welcome back.

Jimmie1982 likes this.
  4. Jimmie1982

Jimmie1982 I need me some PIE!

Thank you. :)

Even though most of the players I was close to are gone, it's still a fun community. I was on Pox Nora forums before I was on Facebook. So the majority of my social activities online were all on the original forums. It's been pretty great. And now myself and 2 of my original Elven Alliance officers are trying to rebuild that part of it too. :)

DarkJello likes this.
  5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Cool:)

Jimmie1982 likes this.
  6. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

Gyros are my favorite food.

Jimmie1982 likes this.
  7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

A man after my own heart. I'm still growing up in Oklahoma. Red dirt clay, Rose Rocks, and weather like feisty cat.
    Grounded, can cook, and keeps to your midwestern roots.
    An a sense of humor too.

First let me start off by saying we've missed you @Jimmie1982 Secondly, if your wife ever divorces you consider me your back up plan gorgeous.

Ifem21, Gnomes, DarkJello and 3 others like this.
  8. Jimmie1982

Bahaha... You got it.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  9. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

WinnerZ win. Epic.

Karmavore and Jimmie1982 like this.
  10. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

11. Jimmie1982