Theme Adjustments #1 - Wings and Hyaenids

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 27, 2015.

1. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Ah; I made a mistake. I just copied Sokolov's version in post #36.
    But what I meant was something different:

For each Champion with the Dogpiled Condition, alternatively for each iteration of the Dogpiled Condition, each Serf to the Djinn ability reduces the
    cost for the next Djinn by X.

Example: Two opposing Champions each have two stacks of the Dogpiled Condition, and you have two Champions with Serf to the Djinn. Let's say the X is 3. You activate Serf to the Djinn (assume it costs 0 AP with CD 2); the next Djinn you play this round costs 2 * 2 * 3 = 12 Nora less to play (or 2 * 2 * 2 * 3= 24 Nora if each stack counts).

Edit: As another alternative, instead of a cost reduction, the next Djinn could come into play with X extra HP or X extra Damage instead, or it could begin the game with X AP.

2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Of all the dead themes right now why these 2 ? Hyaenids are even runnable in lower ranks so are wings. Why not give the useless themes a look at constructs,sl as a whole, slag, trees, jellys , salamanders, yetis, creepers, vampyres , tortun , leoss , ferren , goblins, imps.

I could continue but you get the idea you picked like 2 themes that are decently runnable and decided to work on them first whattttttttttttttttttttttt ?

3. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Or garu or centaurs?

Oups, wings are in this expansion and they were a bit too expensive for ppl to run them, so they must be buffed quickly so is players can spend more money too. Lets restart the powercreep and ability complexity creep again. SOE 2.0 oh i means SOK 2.0 :)

4. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

This sounds complex.

If I understand it correctly, each itteration of dogpile would be like "Call to Arms" (-2 for a different race (Djinn)), that needs to be activated, but upon activation sees an increase in its cost reduction value. Like a "cashing in" mechanic?

I personally think such Nora gen mechanics are very risky, and there is a high chance we would see another Tortuns Trade.

5. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Everythings got to start somewhere and arguably these specific themes can be "Made right" with relatively easy/minor changes to their binding abilities, in this case Dogpile/Sigil. This is as opposed to examining each champion within a theme and making many minor shifts in an effort to bring that theme into viability as will be needed in the case of Centaurs or Salamans for example.

Tl;Dr The fact that these themes are currently runnable is the reason they are the first themes to be examined and improved.

Sokolov likes this.
  6. Strings

Add to this, IS and SP are in relatively low popularity atm, and this might be a nice boost to see them played more.

soulmilk, Sokolov and Molosse like this.
  7. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- what about djinn's having a cost reduction based on how many hyaenids are out and/or on cd. Like worshippers calling for aid.

narvoxx likes this.
  8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

There is a lot of these coming. I picked 2 semi-runnable themes to start with because I have no idea how this process will go and wanted to limit the back and forth a bit if possible.

This way, when we get to the more problematic ones, everyone will be used to the process and hopefully we get better feedback then.

jayscales1 and Woffleet like this.
  9. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

You could have dog piled give +1 dmg to Hyanids and +2 dmg to Djin.

Then each djin could get a sprinkle of the new improve/commander but for nids?

Tweek516 and soulmilk like this.
  10. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

This seems overly complex

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I am curious why I don't see Dogpile + Judgement more. Throw alacrity into the mix and they have a pretty strong power turn. Is it just because they are squishy and reliant on debuffs and build up?

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It's kinda a pita for a single champ kill. Worked better with the warm when you could set up multiple kills with cleave attacks.

13. Mister Tuggles

Mister Tuggles I need me some PIE!

I think it is more to do with their speed. I believe there is only one or two hyen that have 7 speed. Seems most viable themes I've ran into, or meta, are built around speed and font early rush/contention.

Unless speed is brought down through the entire game we will run into a lot of these problems.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Because not enough people play this game. Seriously. There is a ton of crazy BG design room and nutty combos that we just don't have the player base to suss out. There are plenty of viable range hyaenids with a DoT and 6 speed, and that can split with SL for more Judgement sources and spot answers. It's more than possible to land 2 ranged attacks from different sources and then judgement for 50. Pox barely even reaches a power sampling of players in serious ranked matches, let alone those who are building new BGs.

15. Strings

A lot of those SL judgement champs are LEG runes. No doubt a lot of people who are not trying things like this are not doing so due to access issues.

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Which is a totally fair point. I still think the narrow size of the player base is the defining factor, but rarity issues compound the matter.

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

The Hyaenid Executor has Judgement. They don't even have to go outside SP or the theme if they don't want to though it is still a LEG so your point stands.

18. Strings

I agree with your point as well. I've no doubt that the player base size has a massive imapct on what we see in the meta.

19. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

It's merely something like that:

Serf to the Djinn (0 AP, CD 2) -- The next Djinn you deploy this turn costs 2 nora less for each dogpiled Champion within 5 spaces.

I don't think that's too complicated.

20. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

5 spaces to what the font or a champion?