Tortun Shell vs Crystalize

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bagoftrick, May 6, 2023.

1. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

Why is tortun shell dispellable using dispelling blows and yet crystalize is not. Its the exact same ability just adjusted to be thematic. WTF.

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

It's a tricky thing, the ability turtle is dispellable because it's strictly a positive ability that you use on your troops so your opponent can dispel it to counter it. Crystallize can be used as a positive ability or as a negative ability in the form of a disable, so it should be dispellable OR cleansable depending on the situation, as you can not differentiate disable crystallize from positive crystallize they decided that it should be neither dispellable nor cleansable.

If you think about it a bit more, what differentiates crystallize as a buff or a debuff is its duration counter. If in your turn crystallize has an even counter (2,4,6) that means it's a positive condition on your champions, as it will protect you in your opponent's turn and allow you to be readied the turn after it expires. If in your turn crystallize has an odd counter (1,3,5) that means it's a negative condition on your champions, as it prevents you from playing your turn and leaves you defenseless in your opponent next turn.
    Following this, you can see how turtle is always a positive condition as it has duration 2 on the turn you use it.

mightychin, Ballballer and IMAGIRL like this.
  3. DOODLEROCK

DOODLEROCK The King of Potatoes

Lol no way odd and even numbers are tied to positive and negative conditions! That is clever!