Tundra Reformation

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by KingJad, May 22, 2015.

1. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Glaive fix is rather easy I think? Just give it decent range along with a decent kit. I feel the combination between Strike and a proper bounce would be pretty cool, although I don't know how this would translate to it's cost. Wishing for Tailwind to be back is a deal for another day, though...

Which brings me to Strig Gale/Windrider. This champion made sense when it had things like Zephyr shield, because it did that, just move and casually tank. No amount of free AP generation makes me want to deploy this champ, it's just far too squishy and high costed with no trade off to be worth playing. As it is currently, I can't see this champ out of the kit it previously had in order to make anything out of it.

@KingJad The Mage wasn't necessary, you let me know when you want it back.

Edit: Ja, that Glaive looks good, really just lies on the range it has for it to be usable.

2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

The Glaive change should have it's cost offset by the removal of counterattack ranged so it should definitely be sub 80 nora.

edit: actually it seems counterattack: range has gotten cheaper since then so the cost will be largely the same maybe 3-4 more nora to a default of about 82 or 83.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
    blazinsoul and JellyBerry like this.
  3. KingJad

was thinking maybe vulnerable as a slight drawback to get a small cost decrease on the glaive to offset the damage boost from bravery.

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I think 1-4 range would do a ton already. No cost increase.

JellyBerry likes this.
  5. KingJad

So range to 1-4 and just drop counterattack range or were you thinking it gains 1-4 Nora and a manual modifier to keep cost the same?

6. Pedeguerra

Manual modifier to keep cost the same.
    I think the cost formula is broken and we shouldnt pay attention to it at all.

7. KingJad

@Senshu can this be stickied bud?

blazinsoul likes this.
  8. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

@KingJad You don't like the way I made this thread before? Why did you step first? :(

9. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Done :)

KingJad likes this.
  10. KingJad

I haven't seen much activity from you on the forums and wasn't sure if you were as active as you were before and didn't want to burden you. But hey were back to the glaive discussion any comments on the current suggestions or possibly a new suggestion?

11. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Let's do this together then :) Which aspect of all this would you want to delegate/share?

12. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

I believe we are here to bring up/discuss any ideas, as well hug Pede and tell him everything is going to be okay.

Cuddle away.

13. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

@KingJad , sorry I couldn't be here earlier because I've been really busy lately and can't be on Pox as much as I'd like. I like the suggestions you and pede gave, but about glaive the talk is that they don't wanna touch legendaries right now - but about @Pedeguerra 's suggestion, I think it's possible to make Glaive competitive without a manual adjustment:

First of all, counter attack ranged can't be a base ability on any champion. I understand the in theory it should cost 10 nora, but given how easily you can destroy anything with this ability by using a simple RD or Demon Shield(does the new UD spell work against it?). Hell, I've seen protection being used to heal a champion with it.

Given the factor that it's very easily counterable, I understand it's not simple costing this ability - but like Nohkan Do, passive effects are really lackluster against the many powerful counters(or just decent strategy, really) every faction has.

So I share Jad's opinion about rmeoving CA ranged from Glaive, and Honestly I'm not sure about Glaive Bounce; it deals very little damage compared to the potential damage of any cone/bomb, locust swarm - and other fixed damage AoE's - and they beat it any time of the day, costing less nora.

So as I view, it's way past the time we had changed all the problematic ability costs - I could bet on at least several dozens, I was going to make a thread listing them but stopped on leter C because it already was a lot - and then we can talk about manual adjustments.

I'll continue this soon(TM).

14. KingJad

I believe Glaive Bounce should be around 5 nora. I'd like to see Glaive regain its old 1-4 range but I don't believe the devs will accept just throwing a manual modifier on it and running with that. So with the cost drop to Glaive Bounce, dropping of CA: Ranged and vulnerable on base. That should drop its cost and increase it's range then bravery on base to add damage potential and flavor text reasons. In the end the Frostwing Glaive needs to be sub 80 nora. Why are legendaries being avoided availability isn't an issue and they have changed plenty of legendaries?

blazinsoul likes this.
  15. KingJad

I don't really do much myself all I try and do is make sure whenever something is mentioned I add it to the main post to give people an Idea of what to discuss. I won't be moving anything into the community suggestions unless majority rules. (>IF things seem to be split) It'd be nice if you could run open polls that you would have to use your judgement to determine alts from community players. When polls are created I'll post a link alongside whatever topic in discussion it regards. Results of the polls determine what moves to community suggestions. The whole point of this being that

blazinsoul likes this.
  16. Pedeguerra

1) If they didnt want to touch the legendaries WTF went on with FW buff patch? Seems like we wasted a wonderful opportunity here, which is a shame. I blame Sok on this one for selecting non ST players (Moles and Wraith) to choose which runes should be buffed; IM STILL PRETTY UPSET ABOUT THIS :mad::mad::mad:

2) Glaive Bounce is only good when combined with Declare: Hunted, and in those scenarios is a stellar ability.

For me, the cleanest way to fix this champ is swapping Declare with Counterattack on base, and maybe give him something like vulnerability: sonic or something to reduce the cost.

JellyBerry likes this.
  17. KingJad

@Moles After looking at Jakei shaman a bit more I kinda knee jerked with my response so I apologize I still think pulling champs towards the meta is a bad idea though so no apology on that :p

18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

What theme does buffing the Glaive enable? Or is the Glaive buff intended to be a meta buff?

19. KingJad

flyers. I was also hoping to see a frostwing theme I mentioned that in the crate. Based around declare hunted and rangers and similar mechanics.

blazinsoul likes this.
  20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

But it has no CD compared to Bombs. And unless you mean Rank 1 bombs.. because that's the only rank that costs less nora than Glaive. I don't disagree with the fact that it's not that spectacular either way tho.

~

That said, another approach here could be that we make Glaive have a RNG, so he isn't paying for base RNG but still has access to a ranged bounce. It'd then probably need a CD, and we could either buff the DMG output or reduce the cost (or both).