Tundra Reformation

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by KingJad, May 22, 2015.

1. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Bravery would be on base and the reason I originally suggested that awhile back to get gears rolling is because of forced synergy which is bad to a degree but I think is fine here. The thing with a cool down here is, to be consistent it would probably be on CD 3 and that ability is kinda his niche.

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

CD 3 on this would defeat the whole purpose of the rune.
    I dont think it needs to be consistent with bombs/cones at all.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Pretty much. If we are concerned about balance, then it'd have to be pretty in line with other abilities with similar mechanics.

Of course, we could go with a higher cost and lower CD, but there is something to be said for consistency and given that we are making all psuedo-ranged CD3 , you'd have a hard time convincing me that it shouldn't be CD3. Especially if you imagine this was a new ability, what would it do?

Another idea might be to bring the CD reduction clause in from stuff like Binding Chains.

4. Sokolov

So something like:
    This champion makes a Physical Attack against target enemy champion within 4 spaces. If successful, the nearest two opposing enemy champion within 4 spaces takes 75% of this champions damage (this ignores DEF). This ability's CD is reduced by 1 whenever this champion is successfully attacked.

At 6 nora and CD3 seems pretty good to me. (I simplified the bouncing so that it hits 2 off of the first, but both bounces do 75% instead of 75% then 50%, plus ignores DEF).

5. KingJad

Ok this is what I see in my head
    • Increase it's range to 1-3
    • Add Bravery to base
    • Upgrade Path 1 [Commander: Ranger<Default>, Surge: Ranger , Aerial Supremacy]
    • Remove CA: Ranged
    • No change to Glaive bounce if it requires a cooldown to get a cost decrease leave it as is.

blazinsoul likes this.
  6. Sokolov

A rough calc puts that build at around 87 nora base.

7. KingJad

what is range 1-3 valued at? With the old formula (granted it was a few months back like 5) 1-4 range would have put it at 87 nora.

8. Sokolov

Ok, I just did it 100% accurately, and it came out to 83. 1-4 would be 90.

Without Bravery base it'd be 80 and 87 respectively.

9. Sokolov

Would you say you see the purpose of the rune as hitting multiple champions with every attack using Glaive Bounce?

If so, would it make more sense to actually make it trigger off basic attacks instead of being a +1 AP active?

10. KingJad

Just thought of something what if Glaive Bounce acted as his basic attack like Garin? Obviously he wouldn't get a full discount for being a technically passive champ but would that work?

blazinsoul likes this.
  11. Sokolov

I think we are getting off-track a bit. Dozens of posts and we are moving farther away from a solution.

The key question is:
    • Do we want the unit to pay for RNG and have Glaive Bounce can stay without a CD, which means the unit will be fairly expensive (at least 80 nora)?
    • OR
    • Do want to give Glaive Bounce a range (and beef up the effect) so the unit is cheaper?
      • Something along the lines of: This champion makes a Physical Attack against target enemy champion within 4 spaces. If successful, the nearest two opposing enemy champion within 4 spaces takes 75/100% of this champions damage (this ignores DEF). This ability's CD is reduced by 1 whenever this champion is successfully attacked.

12. Sokolov

I have a 1-3 build at around 75 nora, with the following changes compared to now:
    • RNG to 1-3
      • (1-4 would add 7 nora)
    • CA: Ranged removed from base
    • U1: Aerial Supremacy, CA: Ranged, Evasive 2 (Default)
    • U2: Bravery (Default), Declare Hunted, Surge: Ranger
    • No change to Glaive Bounce (other than some cost reduction)

13. Sokolov

It doesn't have any modifiers.

14. Sokolov

I have been willing to do -1 AP for a bit, but "and end of turn" is new. That seems kind of wonky to me, I mean, if someone walks into your font, and gets -1 AP, and then it's no longer your font... when would the end of turn thing ever trigger? Or am I misunderstanding what this means?

But honestly, I was thinking it'd be -1 AP per space, not -1 AP on entry.

Goyo likes this.
  15. Sokolov

Ok.

Goyo likes this.
  16. KingJad

Believe it or not Glaive bounce would be better with it's current text because it can chain all 3 attacks to hit a champ if no other champs are within 4 spaces.

17. KingJad

UD font bonus must be bugged then because you have a net loss of -4hp because you lose 2 at the end of turn. -1 AP per space is something I'd definitely be ok with.

18. KingJad

The reasoning behind the Retreat change would be it'd be worth including because it resets the cool down on a champ that you know will die for free if the champ is 70+ nora. It's under dicussion because even then I don't think people would be willing to sacrifice a bg slot for that.

19. Sokolov

I already said ok. It used to be auto when it gave back more nora, but it's been hard to use since it got nerfed (before I was even a green, if I recall correctly).

20. KingJad

I'd be sold on the frostwing glaive build for 75 nora base if you kept the ability description the same except changed the 50% to 75%. After that it'd be best to wait for more responses before anything is set in stone.

blazinsoul likes this.