Tundra Reformation

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by KingJad, May 22, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It doesn't do this. If it did, everyone would be using this guy =P

2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I responded to this because 5 nora is my suggestion and I don't think you should just run with this because it'd still be barely runnable/worth a slot in a bg.

3. Sokolov

I don't know that it's bugged so much as ambiguous. I always thought the UD bonus was wonky in that regard as well.

4. KingJad

must have been bugged last time I used it because it did in fact do this or maybe it chained twice on the champ that was 4 spaces away. It was something wonky.

5. Sokolov

Thanks for the clarification :D

6. Sokolov

I am not saying it is bugged that it does that, but that the interaction is ambiguous. And if we wanted it to be -2 AP, I'd just rather it be -2 AP on entry, rather than introduce another ambiguous end of turn issue.

7. KingJad

just -2 on entry would be fine as well as -1 on entry and -1 per space. Personally -2 is my favorite because it's a huge deterrent as opposed to -1 per space because most only contest the outer most space anyways.

blazinsoul likes this.
  8. Sokolov

And this is the problem, there are going to be a variety of opinions coming in from now til whenever. And I can't really can't justify spending hours upon hours on one rune. I'd never get anything else done for Pox. I have already spent the last hour and a half on it lol

9. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think the AoI should drop to speed 5, it doesn't have an attack and at best can use ap on abilities once every other turn, it doesn't need the speed, and it would show up at roughly 65 nora.

blazinsoul and Goyo like this.
  10. KingJad

The idea was to save you time and only have you comment on the community suggestion part as those would already have unanimously been decided or majority ruled :D. I didn't plan on adding anything to that section until at least tomorrow but I think myself and a few others would be sold on the frostwing and font bonus change for the most part. I mainly just wanted to hear what pede and calisk thought of the change to the glaive since they play ST at a more competitive pace than I.

And to be fair we discussed 3-4 different things in this hour.

11. Sokolov

Part of it is my own fault. I have lost many hours to these forums.

12. KingJad

while you're hear I'd like to hear what you think of the nohkan do suggestion on page 1 since no else has commented on it.

13. Sokolov

It's my suggestion so... I like it? :) Cost would be lowered, yea, especially if it's on attacks only.

KingJad likes this.
  14. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I'm going to pretend you like me so darn much you put me in the "cool kid's" post ;P

Like with FW, I'm seeing a lot attention being focused on the lack of theme buffs, support and general identity. As I pointed out with them, how about we first make sure we understand what we want the themes to actually be.

For anyone wanting to contribute to the improvement of themes, I suggest structuring your posts as follows:
    • Your current top three themes to play (include your reasoning, whatever it may be)
    • Two themes you want to play but can't (again, mention why)
    • Two themes you just don't "get" or like: "I'm twelve, and I don't even. . ."
    (I suspect we could break this off into a separate thread. @KingJad and @Sokolov: thoughts?)

I'll start us off!

My top three themes:

Crystals
    - I see so much potential here for utilizing Trail: Crystals and expanding Relic support in ST beyond what it currently entails. Throughout its existence, the Nora Gem mechanic has either been far too limited or completely broken with very little middle ground. I'm at the point where I'd be willing to break Nora Gem into two parts: a passive buff for proximity to Jakei and an active ability that allows for the one time granting of a Crystal champ's ability to another Nora Gem unit, permanently. This would further lower its cost and possibly allow for Immortality to return if the desire for that is as great as it seems to be, lately.

SP/ST Howling Wind
    (Sonic Split or ST Yetis variant) - "TRAITOR! Y U SP, BRO!?!" My Sonic BG originally started as a Yeti BG with a surprise powerturn via Howling Wind. While it's since evolved into a SP/ST split for greater access to Sonic support, I'd love to see more Sonic options in ST that align with Beasts, Crystals and Yetis. I still have my ST Howling Yetis, but it's not as viable as it once was.

ST Rangers
    (and splits) - I really like the flexibility of this theme, but I wish it wasn't so darn tempting to split with KF all the time. This temptation grew after the revamp when certain ST Rangers, like Ferren Wanderer, lost Class: Ranger. I believe ST Rangers deserve a closer look with some serious thought put into distinguishing KF Rangers from ST Rangers.​

Themes I want to play (but can't):

Savage Exploit - Simply put, this ability was removed from enough champions that building a BG around the four remaining champions with this ability isn't reliable anymore. This is especially true when three of those champions lose key abilities when opting to use it:
    • Arctic Delegate (loses Divert or Stall)
    • Hoarfrost Dragon (loses Cold Snap or Windstriker)
    • Lonx Adept (loses Amplify Frost or Ice Front)
    I don't have a problem with compelling choices like these, but there has to be enough support for Savage Exploit to warrant the trade-off. Currently, there just isn't.

ST Flyers/Strig - Part of the problem is Strig is its own race without allowing other champions that clearly incorporate Owls to become Strig instead of Beast. I've heard the flavor/lore arguments for how working with Jakei is TEH BAD and domesticated Owls is blasphemous heresy, but at what point do we decide that preserving flavor is too restrictive? I'd like to see Strig replace Beast on Owl champions so that Flyers can refer to Strig and Flying units rather Flying units with Beast support. Otherwise, abilities like Bravery isolate Strig too much.​

Themes I just don't get:

Monks - To avoid beating a dead horse, I'll be brief: I don't understand why such a complex set of abilities hasn't been done away with, yet. They were created during the revamp when the driving force for all changes was simplification. The Discipline abilities are the exact opposite of this, NKD has been changed over and over again, and the individual Ferren/Kas themes were erased in the process. I still haven't heard an explanation that successfully rationalizes the sudden homogenization of so many champions.

ST Terrain - Kudos to @calisk for getting this ball rolling, but it's not quite there, yet. Ice and Snow behave differently, but most abilities lump them together as to make it difficult to separate ST Terrain from ST Frost (which wants Ice). A suggestion from previous threads was to move Ice towards Jakei/Frost/Crystals and Snow towards Beasts/Physical/non-Crystal Elementals. I really like this idea as it would still allow for overlap, but some of the less popular ST spells could be significantly improved by splitting off into the various hemispheres of ST Terrain types.​

Woffleet and Goyo like this.
  15. Entrepidus

I still don't support such a change to NKD. I think we need to stop fiddling with it and step away from the problem. I think the issues with NKD are a symptom of a greater problem with Monks that can't be properly addressed without looking at Monks, first.

16. KingJad

I'd love to keep this all consolidated into this one thread but what you're asking will result in many different opinions that will result on many different opinions on why those opinions may possibly be wrong (lets say someone suggest lonx are playable while clearly wrong we'd have to convince them or make an attempt at it to put them on the same page as everyone else assuming people even bother doing what you just requested)

17. Entrepidus

That's an unavoidable risk because your OP is asking for opinions, in general. I disagree with some of the opinions in this thread, and everyone who reads this thread will find something to contest. The purpose of my suggestion is to get people to explain their own thoughts.

In the ST forums, we have a tendency to attack the ideas of others before sharing our own. In your example, if someone disagrees with another person's wants for Lonx, they would do so by explaining what they want for Lonx through the suggested format rather than trying to convince the person in question that what they want is wrong. In this way, we get to see more options as opposed to shoving a handful of suggestions into the ground.

As far as I'm concerned, if people aren't willing to put effort into improving ST themes, they really don't deserve to complain about them.

KingJad likes this.
  18. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

THINGS I LIKE
    Frost Amp
    Debuffs (Slow, Frozen, Awestruck, Stall, Ice Terrain)
    Savage Exploit
    Fear

THINGS NON EXISTENT
    Snow Terrain
    Ferren
    Strigs

19. KingJad

My point was it seems it would serve largely as a player card to give you an idea of who you are talking to and what they expect. It doesn't really give any real suggestions perhaps a few general thoughts. It'd thrive best in another thread were it can be constantly referred back to instead of searching several different pages for the opinions of each player here. It adds another layer of complexity and ultimately will side track actual discussion.

20. Sokolov

ST font bonus:
    When an enemy champion enters this font deployment zone, it loses all AP.