Tundra Reformation

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by KingJad, May 22, 2015.

1. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Ok I'd like to get the small stuff out of the way so does anyone disagree with the following:

• Silent Contemplation changed to only deactivate upon movement
    • ST font bonus (-2 ap on entry)
    • Frostwing Glaive
        • RNG to 1-3
        • CA: Ranged removed from base
        • U1: Aerial Supremacy, CA: Ranged, Evasive 2 (Default)
        • U2: Bravery (Default), Declare Hunted, Surge: Ranger
        • No change to Glaive Bounce (other than some cost reduction) (text remains the same except 50% becomes 75%)

blazinsoul and Goyo like this.
  2. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

I think this is one ST main problems most everything is so expensive. We have limited options when making bgs in order to compete with the current meta.

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  3. Beasts for life

St seems to be lacking in the support area. One suggestion I could make is making beast tamer viable again. It's cheapest build is 77 Nora I suggest reducing its DMG and hp by 5 maybe reducing tame beast cost,most of the time it's a sand bag ability.

4. Beasts for life

Oh and where is our boost beast 2-3?
    I understand beast were very strong in the past but to completely strip it away from ST.

5. Beasts for life

One suggestion for flyers or for all st flying champs:
    Arctic flight - this champ has arctic, flying and one rank of sentry 6 Nora
    This will reduce all flyers by 2 but I'm not sure if guys want to lose a rank of sentry.

6. Beasts for life

Oh and my poor ferren I hate that they are part of this lame monk theme. I think there was a suggestion to make them a terrain theme. I kind of gave up on them too many changes to be made in order for them to see play.

7. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Ok replying out of order silent contemplation change seems good, and actually makes kento a bit of a pain to deal with. Glaive doesn't wow me but seems interesting. I generally play fliers ( yes yes not a developed or true theme but its what i like ) but there are enough ranger and jakei to make U2 line worth messing around with and always the declare hunted to fall back on as a generic choice.

I like the idea of the font bonus ( 1 damage is rather unimpressive ) I do wonder if this might lead to some wierd draw win scenario comboing annex and going first because the opponent wouldn't be able to reach the mid font after player one capped. I'm not sure if it is a problem with current map setups but something to think about.

8. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Ok, let's look at flyers/Strig. At the moment what are the points of synergy?

1 - Tailwind on Strig Windrider (18 nora - Other friendly units with Flying that do not have Tailwind gain 1 AP for every 4 spaces this champion moves in a single turn.)

2 - Calming Tailwinds spell (35 nora - Area Effect 4: Friendly champions with Flying gain 4 AP and become Pacified 1.)

3 - Boon of the Wind on 5 champs (6 nora - When this champion enters play the nearest Friendly champion with Flying gains +1 DMG and an additional rank of Evasive.)

There is also Bravery on Battle Ward, which i'm going to ignore as it doesn't seem central to the theme. Did I miss anything else?

Of these, Tailwind looks very strong but also very expensive, and also only on one fairly expensive champ. Calming Tailwinds looks ok, maybe 5 nora too expensive. Boon of the wind looks to be a very under-powered and circumstantial -- on it's own a rank of evasive is pretty meh, and +1 damage is very meh, and i doubt that evasive 3 and +3 damage is worth the effort of getting it to proc three times, let along the fact you are paying 18 nora for 15 noras worth of abilities and stats which can only be granted by a lot of time and positioning. So even in a dedicated deck you would be better off not having the ability -- so i'd say this is definately the biggest offender, and the most impactful thing to change.

So we need a boon of the wind change so that it grants more in abilities than it costs.

How about if we made it universal rather than nearest friendly?:

6 nora -- When this champion enters play all Friendly champions with Flying gain an additional rank of Evasive.

nakaruru, JellyBerry and Goyo like this.
  9. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

The cost on boon has been brought up a couple of times in the past, mostly people have asked to get it reduced in price. My first thought was global evasive could be a problem but flying doesn't have dominant range ( most range is 4 or 5 ) so maybe it could be ok, and that would give boon a much bigger impact.

10. Beasts for life

@KingJad If it's not too late awesome thread. Had to work all day yesterday so didn't see post till late.

11. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I guess the easiest solution is simply to drop the price from 6 to, say, 2 nora. Which seems about right for an ability which gives 5 noras worth only in a deck which is designed around it. I'm not sure if that would be enough to make the deck viable on it's own.

It also depends on whether the problem with the deck is just that it is not viable, or whether it is boring as well. I can't answer the last question as i've never played ST, but if so we should look at more creative versions of Boon of the Wind.

12. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Boon of the Wind could trigger Snowkite Messenger as Logistic does, uh?

13. undred

undred Devotee of the Blood Owl

how about giving frostwings a new flight ability , something like the fairy flight ability or like the "running start" , this way they would be cheaper and diferent . btw the new frostwing is too bland :/

14. KingJad

Main post has 2 new entries to Community Suggestions
    • Font bonus
    • Silent Contemplation
    I think that would be an interesting idea @Goyo

Boon of the Wind (This champion gains a rank of evasive. When this champion enters play the closest friendly champion with flying gains 2 ap and 2 damage for 2 turns) Cost from 6 to 4

blazinsoul likes this.
  15. KingJad

A few other things I'd like some commentary on to get some things into the suggestions panel for Sokolov to consider
    • Retreat (Spell) cost from 40 to 35 or cost from 40 to 30
    • Cloak of Ice (becomes ST variant of Tinder Box)
    • Calming Tailwinds (Spell) cost from 35 to 30
    • Reduce speed on Aspect of Infinity to reduce it's cost to sub/low 70(current suggestion speed from 7 to 5)
    I'll explain the retreat change a little Retreat dropping from from 40 to 35 allows any champion with a nora cost of 70 or greater to have its cooldown reset to 1 for free(besides the rune dock slot you're sacrificing)

Dropping the cost from 40 to 30 allows any champion with a Nora cost of 60 or greater will have its cooldown to rest to 1 for free(besides the rune dock slot you're sacrificing)

The difference between the two is the nora return you get for deploying those expensive champs. At 30 nora you gain 1 nora for every 2 nora above 60 it is while at 35 nora you gain 1 nora for every 2 nora above 70 it is. While 35 would certainly be nice because most ST champs cost are above 70 nora it still may not be a worthy include sacrificing a deck slot just to reset the cooldown of a champ.

-----------------------------------

The Cloak of Ice change comes from another thread and was a suggestion from @Pedeguerra
    The equipment would go from >> Equipped champion has Slowing Armor and Freezing Aura. If equipped on a champion with Attack: Frost, it also gains +1 SPD >> to >> Equipped unit gains Frost Acolyte and Frost Aura 3. If equipped on a champion with Attack: Frost, it also gains +1 SPD.

The thing is to be consistent the cost of Cloak of Ice would go from 25 to 35

blazinsoul likes this.
  16. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I meant the ability triggers the equipment. I would remake Boon of the Wind aside that because the reason given above (too costly, weak benefit, big setup).

Also Retreat at 30N you would gain 20N with any Hero you save (they all cost near 100). You could spam it with Chronomancer and create some nasty BG. I would go for 35 for sanity.

17. KingJad

You do realize to spam that with chrono would take up a lot of turn timer time for a 20 nora benefit. and there is cooldown 1 so it's not instantly off cooldown.

18. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

About Retreat, I've tested it and requires a lot of setup. Considering +100N units are no way runnable, my statement is null.

It can go down to 30N for a situational nora benefit (taking the most of it is very risky, I can't think of a sitation it isn't).

For the record, Juya and Azaren are the safest choices, one hitting from range before dying and the other summoning stuff.
    1x Tusk and 1x or 2x Snowcats would cost 78N with Favor and a 30N Retreat if you lose the hero.

Also at 30N could be included in the Adaptive BG to return Cows...

KingJad likes this.
  19. KingJad

If no one disagrees is it safe to put retreat in Community Suggestions now?

20. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

The problem with Glaive bounce is similar to Scythe whirl on anything that isn't Garin, lacking range is terrible for it. I can't complain as much as I could about it now, because after a very long time whirl got the nerf it deserved. But I wouldn't mind seeing it with a cost reduction and a CD of 1, at least.

But I'd really like to see Glaive lose counterattack ranged, or at least have it moved to upgrade. It hurts me to say that it's a heavy sandbag on any champion with it, and I don't think Glaive needs sandbags as he is.

But this talk will eventualy take us to talking about the ST flying theme as a whole, and the first thing to solve would be talwind... I still remember a suggestion Calisk gave a long time ago, I don't remember fully though, but I'm borrowing the original concept:

"Tailwind: Other friendly units with Flying directly behind this champion's movement path that do not have Tailwind gain 1 AP for every 4 spaces this champion moves in a single turn."

I do wonder if it's possible, but would make a lot of sense and would be a pretty big nerf, allowing for a generous cost reduction and maybe even permitting Glaive to have it back.

My suggestions tend to suck, so I always welcome other inputs.