Tutorials for BG

Discussion in 'Videos' started by nepyonisdead, Jan 12, 2019.

1. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

With the rising number of new players and the decreased variety and resources they have to build bgs I thought that the game can use some sort of reference material on how to build the theme u like in the most optimal fashion.

It can be very frustrating to lose many games before you find that version of the bg that suits u best, so this series is meant to give players a solid starting point from which they can expand on in their own style.

If you are interested and have a specific theme in mind please post it here, and based on the intrest level in that particular theme ill prioritise it over the other suggested themes but its safe to say that all themes people ask for will be covered

Fentum likes this.
  2. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Coming from a board game background, to me Pox as is feels as though it has an almost infinite variety of options to try out. No need for new runes, just play, play, play!

I wish I could get Discord to work so we could have a lovely natter.

Back on track... how about a UD ARROWEATER deck? Or GOBLINS? Or FW AP DENIAL?

3. nepyonisdead

May I suggest discord on ur phone if the pc version isn’t working

Also I am gonna start with UD arrow eaters and goblins because they are actually really powerful and loads of fun :)

Now I am gonna try to build the most competitive version of the bg which means that sometimes I’ll resort to adding out of theme meta options to cover for the bgs obvious weaknesses because I imagine people want thematic bgs that can actually win them games :) you are more than welcome to hop on once u get discord and we can record one together

4. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

KF/ST Wizards

nepyonisdead likes this.
  5. Fentum

You HERETIC! Only gobbos in a gobbo bg! They can actually win games all on their own. But are rather random.

6. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

FF KF Treefolk/Plants
    FF KF Fae
    KF/FS Wizards
    KF/FS Tortuns
    FS/FW Tortuns
    UD/FW Stitched
    UD/SL Stitched
    IS/SL Warriors
    FF IS Dwarves
    FF IS Paladins
    KF/SL Knights
    FF KF Magic Amp
    FS/SP Lightning
    UD/SL Acid Amp

7. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

Tortuns would be interesting

8. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Another bunch of ideas:
    FS/ST Monks
    KF/UD Rogues/Cull
    IS/SP Shamans
    IS/KF Rangers

9. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

So where are the tutorials?

10. nepyonisdead

been having difficulty getting games, the tree bg was ready but its hasnt been easy to catch games hence the delay, the first one will be up soon and it will be FF KF trees

11. Fentum

Any progress?