Unsleeved media banned for life

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ragic, Dec 10, 2017.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

"Mods" and "Burn" are both allowed by the filter, no idea why you feel the need to put them on a picture.

2. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

bully hierarchy. the big guy is the really bully. youre just the ankle biter they enable.

I can just hear them now rustling through their pc handbooks to see if 'ankle biter' is a racial slur.

3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

yeah ragic, you broke the code- the mods are all out to get you. such a hard life it must be, fearing with every breath that a comment of yours may be removed for breaking rules

(also i'm pretty sure that the comment newsy made with the proscribed word in it was moved back, but i've not checked to make sure i'm not mildly delusional. regardless, this is always gonna be one of those things where you don't see how much of anyone else's content is removed unless you're a mod. interestingly (to me), burn and gerben don't tend to make a big deal about having their posts removed. they understand the rules, and they understand (mostly) when they broke them. cannot fully say the same for the other side of the aisle)

(PS, if it makes you feel better, the only person in OT whose posts i'm more likely to remove than to not is a self-proclaimed nat-soc, and i wouldn't even bother removing his if he could stop being an edgy 15 year old with an inferiority complex)

Tweek516 and BurnPyro like this.
  4. Astamir

Astamir I need me some PIE!

Mate, I think you're being unfair to people who learned at a pretty young age that they had a micro*****, and who are struggling to maintain a semblance of composure in the face of a world in which they know they will never accomplish anything.

Like, that's harsh, and I expected more from you.

5. Ragic

one can only cry out against the injustice that one sees. if the fact that its probably happening to a lot of other people too is supposed to make me feel better, it doesn't.

seriously now dagda, are you trying to tell me that the moderation in this forum is even handed? you can really say that with a straight face? the fact that a correction had to be made in the first place is what I'm talking about. the default mod response around here is left biased, the fact that they can be shamed into doing their job right later is not a great solution.

either way the point goes to Burn for successfully derailing another thread. I should really ignore him but I cant help being baited by left wing idiocy.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Snowflake Ragic, feels like the whole world is against him.

7. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I don't have to teach you. Urban dictionary will. For more information on what white knight means click on the link below to read different definitions and gain some insight. Definitions 3, 5, and 7 apply to this situation the best.
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=White Knight

8. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

point by point-

i get the gist of what you're getting at, but my point was that with this sort of thing it's really not an 'injustice' if it *is* happening to everyone.

i can't tell you that we're perfect, but i can tell you that we try to be fair about it. and fwiw, i'm pretty sure the mod that moved it to begin with is markoth, who's not what i'd call a crazed liberal.

and yeah, burn is pretty high on the list for number of posts removed. he's, in my eyes, functionally the same kind of poster you are: fun to chat with but pretty much burnt out on changing either his own mind or anyone else's on these forums, so he rarely seriously engages in any discussion

i'm sure you'll both think i'm being unfair to you with that remark, maybe that's something you can bond over

as another note on moderation, we're not a paid mod squad. it's on a volunteer basis, which tends to mean that we're going to be uneven more than anyone would like. calling us out on it is fine, so long as you can give us specific things to do better.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Nah Im pretty cool with that.

I have done some accepting and I rarely even use these forums anymore to begin with. So when I find times of serious jokes about the US and their stupidity, it's a memefest anyway.

10. Ragic

so when someone stands up to a forum bully, all that does is allow you to lob them into the same category. got it. thank god Burn isn't in a protected class other than 'fellow liberal' otherwise id probably have been perma banned by now.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Forum bully? Gosh you're such a pansy snowflake Ragic. Holy.

Here's a tenner, go buy some bootstraps and man up

Tweek516 and Astamir like this.
  12. Ragic

and NOW you know how unlseeved media feels. thanks for helping me bring this back on topic

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Drawing false equivalences only further ridicules the point you think you're making.

Nobody is bullying you, you just have a habbit of crying when you think you're being unfairly treated.

14. Ragic

its amazing how you can get the point and yet not get it at the same time

15. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i'd respond with more, but what you said below pretty much sums it up. just one of those things, i guess

also though, point out one person that's been permabanned from the pox forums.

hell, point out one who's been banned in the last 6 months. i don't think anyone has been

16. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I think he's trying to say that mods should ban the entire off-topic forum.

Speaking of which... *shows up with a bribe*

17. Astamir

Astamir I need me some PIE!

The internet comforting the opinions of the insane is becoming a major, major issue for society.

18. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Let's see if I can try and drag this back to the original topic before it gets locked and everyone gets even more mad. Again.

From the various things I've been reading, there was very little actual evidence against Unsleeved Media, and of what there was, none of it really broke any WotC policies. The girl that left ended making a mistake, revealing that the real reason she left cosplaying (and only temporarily) was to better engage in classes for the upcoming semester. She revealed that on her Patreon.

So no, it was a false accusation. I don't know why she did it, and at this point I don't really care.

Similar things have been happening with WotC. The reasons are wide and varied. However, the general arguments are these:
    WotC and politically left commentators: The MTG community is toxic and it reflects badly on WotC, this needs to be fixed.
    MTG community: We weren't and mostly still aren't toxic, and it's WotC's fault that we're toxic because they started harassing us.

That seems to sum it up, I think.

I usually side with the MTG community, except in cases of actual evidence against its members (which is rare).

I also am a bit frustrated with the general idea of companies wanting to distance themselves from "undesirable" customers/users by simply refusing to do business with them, or by confiscating products from them. This is mostly evident in the case of youtubers, especially when that's their source of income and they get their channel shut down or a video taken down.
    I don't really blame the companies though (even if I am upset with them), I really blame the people that encourage them to take such actions at all. People in general these days have been focusing less on what each individual person does, and looking at people as arbitrary groups.
    "The far left"
    "The Alt right"
    "Gamers"
    "SJWs"
    "MTG (WotC and those in the MTG community)"
    etc.

Now, I also see a difference between using a company's product to do something they disagree with (using a kitchen knife to murder, for example), vs. the customer doing things the company disagrees with (person bought a knife, murdered someone with a hammer). The first case seems to better justify the company not wanting to sell their product to the person. The second case, not so much.
    That to me is the difference between say, a racist person using VR to train for combat, vs. a racist person doing VR live-streams for fun (and possibly money from youtube). I don't like either person, but I'd only want the VR company to not do business with the first one.

newsbuff and Ragic like this.
  19. Ragic

can you imagine the outrage if someone had their rune collection confiscated because of something they said on facebook? omg

20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

can you give some examples of things on your facebook.

no reason.