Upcoming FW faction bonus and boon Change Pre-Discussion

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by yobanchi, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Perhaps this has been suggested but considering that free meat spells (Wake the Dead/Haunt) are getting nerfed or have been nerfed already. Could something like ''When a real friendly champion dies all friendly units gain +X max hp''? I feel like this could fit whole feel of FW where they recycle the dead for their own personal gain. Then with the 100 and something nora Serkan, death benefit wouldn't be that much of a problem.

2. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Nah man.

People already suggested ideas LIKE this, only theirs were even more elaborate and thought out. And even then, they STILL were turned down.

Besides, all that is is a miniature replacement concept of a faction bonus. And for what? Current idea is better. I do find it funny that you were one of those people at the beginning saying "you guys know this is too OP. You know it's not going to go through" and yet here we are straight up rollin-with-it

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Any direct and negative interaction with the opponent will likely feel frustrating and unrewarding for both side. A faction bonus is a benefit, not a tumor with duct tape.

yobanchi and TeaScholar like this.
  4. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

What about a mini Lich Magistrate thing as bonus? Get free meat as things die. Random free meat from zombies, skeletons and spirits, with low HP and damage, that spawns 2 spaces away from the nearest champion to the dead one, can't be swarmed? Something like 3-4 speed, 6 damage, 10-15 hp, 0 skills, being lower in case of split...

5. TeaScholar

Once again. Once again.
    Another idea that has already been mentioned and even further so elaborated, and also already turned down.

What's with everyone trying to throw out new ideas now?

This had been discussed through pages and pages of text on other threads and I've read em all.

Just calling it like I see it.

@yobanchi
    P.S. I was expecting the CDR to effect champs, not spells. As long as the CDR is combined with death benefit nora from either sides champ deaths, spells do not need a CDR.

In fact, I'd much rather support CHAMPS get a more effective CDR. Rather than a watered down CDR that opens up for spell abuse. Unless double desecrating shrines and double dooming more often is your idea of "fun".

I'm just saying... It's not.

6. jsat

jsat The King of Potatoes

I like the cut of your giblets

7. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Yes I agree that I'm growing increasingly wary of CDR on spells due to combo potential. Not so worried with it effecting relics/equips/champs but flavor and power wise it may be best just to focus on champ CDR.

TeaScholar likes this.
  8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah. Realizing spell CD in any form would bridge on mass Hurry, it seems like a rocky idea. If only. Would there be objections to coupling spells as an input, if not an output?

9. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

As in when anything goes on cool down gain X nora? That begs the question: how many runes are played in a given game on average.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah, I understand the drastic and fundamentally problematic nature of such a change. I'm interested because it would broaden the scope of the faction bonus.

11. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

what about lower % but also adding spell cooldowns so 15% 30% but also adds spell CDs and relics

12. TeaScholar

13. Leogratz

Sorry, Teascholar, but if we have the chance to change our bonus, I want it to be as far from backloaded as possible. I am really tired of a bonus that only works after all been said and done, and I really think that even if we copy someone's bonus it will be better than having a backloaded bonus. After years playing FW, I am really tired to handicap myself having a bonus that makes my dead champ come back earlier, while everyone and their mother have something that helps killing our champs.

With this in mind, why not make our bonus mimic our opponent bonus? On split we only get half bonus. If both are splitting, you get a random split bonus.

14. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

bonuses create imbalance. bonuses are not flavorful. bonuses lead to prenerfs. bonuses complicate ff vs splits. REMOVE them. this idea isn't so radical as to be unfeasible or undoable. you simply have to be willing to push for it. so push.

15. Leogratz

This is my opinion also and is stated in several threads... But I think it is not what the devs are considering to do.

16. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

only because they are under the impression that players LIKE faction bonuses. But what players like about them is the unbalance they create (when its in their favor). So they think they can get away with simply making them small enough not to matter. It wont make anyone happy.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I like faction bonuses.

TeaScholar likes this.
  18. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Then you played FW wrong for all this years....such a waste(s) of time

19. Leogratz

Omg! Thanks for enlightening me! So as FW players we have to promote attrition and cheap meat only with a backloaded bonus and expendable champions while our opponents get tools that are related and partially convertible to the most useful resource of this game, Nora, while our perk is that we can use our champs again faster when our opponents, that are at a nora efficiency higher standpoint since the beginning, kill our champs? Sounds right.

20. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

I like fiction bonuses I also disagree with ragic. Basically on anything he has ever posted. I'm not even sure why he posts he never plays and wasn't any good even when he did so I don't think he or people like him should Influence the game at all