Upcoming: Heroic Achievements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

We have been building a new feature called Heroic Achievements - currently slated to be launched with the next expansion.

Heroic Achievements are similar to Daily Achievements, but are intended to much more epic in nature while also changing the way you play. They will ask you to complete a number of gameplay related tasks over the course of a couple weeks for a gold reward - if you complete ALL the objectives of a set, you will also earn a bonus Shard reward (let's be honest, that's the real reward).

Unlike the events we manually ran, these achievements will allow you to track your progress towards each goal so you know how close you are and what you will earn for completing it.

These tasks are not intended to be easily completed just by playing the game. If you want to earn the rewards, you are going to need to look at your task list and probably change your deck/playstyle accordingly.

As we get closer to launch we'll reveal more details on this feature.

Ifem21, mw24, Tricky1 and 18 others like this.
  2. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Sounds cool.

3. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Cool.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Please don't make it another one of those "I hope you have all runes boy" kind of achievements.

5. Sokolov

What does this mean?

6. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Im excited

7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Humm, don't get me wrong Sok, I think this is a wonderful initiative. However, I think it will once again drive new players away from the game.
    I mean, I get it that you guys want to make sure your vet whales are playing and happy and putting money into the game, but really how far can you guys go with the population decreasing?
    If anything the rewards should be totally newbie friendly, and a "heroic" alternative should be just an option given to players. My 2 cents.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

A lot of achievements currently have "play faction X or Y" or whatnot in them, which I can imagine people without huge collections can't afford to. Show some love for people with only one or two factions.

Iskandak likes this.
  9. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

It could be more like play x ranked games, or kill x number of moga.

10. Sokolov

There will be various types.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Yeah I'm hoping it's more faction neutral.

Love you longtime senpai

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Deal 500 Damage to Shrines in a week.

13. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Kill x champions in a week.
    Play x games a week.
    Win a(x) game(s) vs a ranked person higher than you.

I don't know.

14. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Use run 2x high Masons in your IS deck and win.

Something along those lines

mw24 and Lushiris like this.
  15. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

Sounds good.
    I think, if there are heavy faction ones like "play a game with each of the 8 factions" there needs to be a bg of each type available so newer players aren't punished for being new

16. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Training bg's.

17. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

I hope the achievements are based on kill x or do x amount of dam etc. and not play this fac or that fac...I use pve to try out runes and combos and such....so when I actually have time to play and I been thinking bout trying out a new SP bg I been working on ,and it tells me to play FS ,, kinda of a let down..

18. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Pls.

Any excuse to kill moga.

19. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

if I need to work for something I want runes not gold -.-

#tourneyPlayer

SMh7 likes this.
  20. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Time to FeastPlay a deck with at least 5 champions with Fire Eater or Ice Eater.Not Completed010
    RivalsWin a PvP game.Not Completed010
    Arrow EatingPlay a deck with at least 5 champions with Magic Eater.Not Completed010
    Magic EatingPlay a deck with at least 5 champions with Arrow Eater.Not Completed010
    HeroismPlay a deck with at least 2 champions with Hero.Not Completed010
    The HuntPlay a deck with at least 1 champion with Split Hero.Not Completed010
    BountiesPlay a deck with at least 5 champions with Hunter: Hero.Not Completed010
    The HuntPlay a deck with at least 5 champions with Declare Hunted or Bounty Hunter.Not Completed010
    Sugar RushPlay a deck with at least 8 champions with Initiative.Not Completed010
    Peer PressurePlay a deck with at least 5 champions with Reinforcement.Not Completed010
    CrushingPlay a deck with at least 5 champions with Charge.Not Completed010
    Chaaaaaarge!Play a deck with at least 5 champions with Crushing Charge..Not Completed010
    TerrorPlay a deck with at least 5 champions with Fear.Not Completed010
    Touch of FearPlay a deck with at least 5 champions with Frightful Blows.Not Completed010
    Howls in the DarkPlay a deck with at least 5 champions with Howling Attack.Not Completed010
    Midnight HuntPlay a deck with at least 5 champions with Fearsome Hunter Horrific Aura.Not Completed010
    Page: < 1 2 3 4 5 6

you mixed the arrow and magic eater !